• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Meet Up (European, UK, Georgian or otherwise!)

Where should we go?

• Belgium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cardiff

• Krakow

• Leicester (or some place near)

• Leeds

• London

• Dublin

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Jan 14 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Mid July-ish would be perfect for me :)
Not sure I'd have a place for people to sleep over yet. Will have to look into that.

Looked into it!!

I'll need to know how many people are planning to take the trip to Antwerp, and when (is of importance, since both le boyfriend and la best friend celebrate their birthdays in early July). There's quite some space, I'll just have to see how I get enough sleeping bags and mattresses together.
Let me know what you guys like to eat, the only problem I foresee might be breakfast (no toaster) and the bathroom accommodations (shower in kitchen).[/b]

(Didn't think it would be noticed otherwise)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 14 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The England vs Italy game which there are still loads of tickets on sale for?[/b]

Morning there fellas and happy new year to all and sundry! Webby rang my bell and said we're all meeting up for a 6N match. I'd prefer going to a live match so Pres' plan for the above seems good, although I must make it quite clear to all that is great and good that I am purely going to support the rugby (to squash rumours I support England these things have got a habit of getting out of hand)

I haven't got that picture any more! It vanished in "mysterious circumstances."

Tickets are still availible for England vs Italy. I have one but I may, may be able to source another or two others but don't quote me on that one.

As for the rest of the tournament, its looking a tad bleak (for me) but that doesn't mean we can't have multiple meet ups. Charlie did suggest a Cardiff one which sounds like a good idea for Matt, Cymro and all those guys living out west.

If we do a London meet up for Wales vs England I can do that but only post game as I'll be working then, I'll also be working for England vs France!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:( but don't let that stop you guys!

We'll need to keep Amabokobokoboko updated as he's going to be back in Belgium and within Eurostar range in February.

EDIT: As the tournament is spread out across Feb & March, I say we have a meet up for Italy and then every 6N weekend after that. That way we can all take part!

So whats happening? Are we going to do this for the England vs Italy game?

If we do, we should be able to get me, Tim, Mr Q (QKXV), Kiwi Steve (I_Bleed_Black) and Amabokobokoboko out at least which should be a good laugh.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo What did happen?
I read 20 pages of that,, was like a soap opera :)

Also when is the next one?

I wrote down the second weekend of July in 2012, so the 14th and 15th, but I don't think we agreed on a place yet.
I could be mistaken.

Prestwick's right about Thomas, he's back, or at least was back a month ago or so.

You met him, Lae-Lae?

At least someone met up with someone.

Go see the London Sevens?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 17 2009, 03:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You met him, Lae-Lae?

At least someone met up with someone.

Go see the London Sevens?[/b]

Nah, He PMd me to get the address of a bookstore in Antwerp that might have a book he was looking for. Since he mentioned he would be in Antwerp that weekend (at leat a month ago) I simply deduced that he was back XD

I almost have something resembling a garden, if you guys do decide to meet up in Belgium I'm sleeping in a tent outside, the boys can squibble over who gets to share beds and who sleeps on the comfy sofa.

Thomas and I had a chat, and we decided we can not leave the idea of the Meet Up go to waste.

Everyone who feels like coming to Belgium (more particularly Antwerp) in the weekend of the 25/26th of July 2009 is welcome, although I'll have to see how many people can sleep at my place. There's a free street festival in Gent that weekend and apparently there's a game of some sorts (what would be the irony of going to an Irish pub in Belgium just so you'd be able to see a rugby game?) Other free time can be filled by discovering Belgium's many beers, or basically playing the tourist around Antwerp or Brussels XD

lol%20internet.gif

Lol, Belgium!

Yup, beers, free music girls and hopefully a Tri- Nations game on.
you have to love Belgium

Also good to be back on the board

Latest posts