• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF newcomers shouldnt be allowed to post threads IMO.

Sam Owen

First XV
Country Flag
Samoa
Club or Nation
Blues
I think newcomers shouldnt be allowed to post threads becuase it gives these one post members a chance to flood our forum with rubbish and then leave. They should only be allowed to post a thread after a certain amount of posts, otherwise our forum is open to "abuse" of the privilege of being able to post a thread. While some newcomers do post good interesting threads, others could do with a bit of earnt trust before they can post threads.

Sometimes I think it could be one of our own members, to afraid to throw something out there on their own accord so they make up a bogus personality just to bring up an issue they have. By having this new rule that Im proposing, it'll encourage our own members to speak whats on their mind.

This will also eradicate ridiculous threads from one post members who just want to annoy people.

We will discuss this ASAP. To be honest I do feel it has a downside to it when you only allow lets say 100+ post-members to open threads.

Not a fan. You get people signing up to ask questions about what they should be doing as a coach, as a player, as an athlete - you're effectively banning them from doing so, or forcing them to just take over other threads.

We will discuss this ASAP.
Why does Sams suggestion get an admin conversation but my suggestion for an IQ test gets laughed at and called silly! Seriously?

I want my idea to be discussed as well!

If this server was run by Declan Kidney hed have no problem admitting memebrs based on where they are from. Why do you guys?

Last edited:
Terrible idea. I've not made 100 posts yet I've posted threads and I'm still here.

Actually i've changed my mind. Due to the point raised about people joining up wanting coaching/playing tips/resources. The "rugby forum" almost has a duty to the rugby world to ensure those in need of answers get quality ones. Doing our bit for the world game!

Sam Owen is right when he says there is an issue at hand though. Just not sure of a good solution yet.

I have created and spent time merging threads in the RWC'11 Game section, but its difficult. I am in agreement that something needs to be done to sort out the gaming noobs who are spoiling this forum.

Not a fan. You get people signing up to ask questions about what they should be doing as a coach, as a player, as an athlete - you're effectively banning them from doing so, or forcing them to just take over other threads.

Very good point, I forgot about that.

:lol:

What a dumb idea.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest imposing a limit or a "target" would not work, it would cause more issues than it would solve, some of the older members on the board will remember the good old fashioned 10 post limit to view the Rugby Gaming forums, that lead to people coming on board and spamming areas.

Just for some clarity what areas of the forum are we look at, that are causing the problems... this will allow us to gauge the problem and see where we need to target and may help come towards a solution.

hitler_ban_all_noobs.jpg

TRF newcomers shouldnt be allowed to post threads = BAN????

Perhaps evaluate all threads by 'newcomers' on a case by case basis, surely it can't be that hard to not read "trolling" threads I doubt it makes your lives that much harder no?

Perhaps evaluate all threads by 'newcomers' on a case by case basis, surely it can't be that hard to not read "trolling" threads I doubt it makes your lives that much harder no?

I pretty much agree with some of this. If a thread has it's merits then we should keep it. If it's full of trolling or off the point discussion or arguments then it's probably just worth closing or removing, even if a few posts have some validity.

I do agree with Cymro that it can time consuming for mods, so they need to be able to make a few tough calls from time to time. We can't spend all day tidying up threads that are full of trolling, whether or not there are some okay posts in there.

Latest posts