• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Posters: Do they lift things? What do they lift?? Let's find out!

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Piriformis and sciatica

Failed a squat, not even heavy, on tuesday - my last warm up set of 5 @ 110kg, 5th rep I lost my brace and something clicked real bad in back, thought it was a herniated disc but doesn't seem to be that bad

Holy **** sciatica is bad, though. Standing up (/fully straightening my hips) feels like my hamstring is going to snap. Have to keep reminding myself that it's just pressure on a nerve, and I don't need to limp, but I've had some real dicey moments - unable to walk more than a few steps without needing to sit down.
Heat packs off Amazon, and sitting on a dining room chair instead of desk chair/sofa is a god send.
Definitely getting better, but still having real issues with my hip area. Honestly would take my dislocated knee over this. At least with that I knew what I was working with.

From what I've read I've got a couple more weeks of this, as well - and even after that I think I'm going to hit the leg press instead of squats for a few weeks after as well

The Alpha Bro

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

Piriformis and sciatica

Failed a squat, not even heavy, on tuesday - my last warm up set of 5 @ 110kg, 5th rep I lost my brace and something clicked real bad in back, thought it was a herniated disc but doesn't seem to be that bad

Holy **** sciatica is bad, though. Standing up (/fully straightening my hips) feels like my hamstring is going to snap. Have to keep reminding myself that it's just pressure on a nerve, and I don't need to limp, but I've had some real dicey moments - unable to walk more than a few steps without needing to sit down.
Heat packs off Amazon, and sitting on a dining room chair instead of desk chair/sofa is a god send.
Definitely getting better, but still having real issues with my hip area. Honestly would take my dislocated knee over this. At least with that I knew what I was working with.

From what I've read I've got a couple more weeks of this, as well - and even after that I think I'm going to hit the leg press instead of squats for a few weeks after as well

****, get better soon, that sounds rotten.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Cheers,
It's pretty grim but it's definitely feeling a bit better day on day