• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Posters: Do they lift things? What do they lift?? Let's find out!

Yeah I was trying to find it n all, lying bar-stewards
Be interesting to see how good Bish can get now he's full time on strongman

Supposedly our gyms open 4 weeks on Monday, gonna look like Bambie on ice underneath a bar

Bishop looked superfast there anyway. Really bad organisation on the deathlift, they were told at the athletes meeting they'd have to load their own plates but that was clearly scrapped early on screwing Aivars over.

Lucky ********. I've my next 21 weeks planned out but it's not gonna happen now. Think the original lockdown was three months without the gym can't imagine how low I'm going to have to build up from after 5.

That flag hoist is gonna be interesting
My old gym had a pulley cardio machine thing, and it was absolute torture

Lucky ********. I've my next 21 weeks planned out but it's not gonna happen now. Think the original lockdown was three months without the gym can't imagine how low I'm going to have to build up from after 5.
Yeah I was only starting hit pre-Rona numbers when the Christmas lockdown hit, so it's gonna be back to square one again
Might use it as an opportunity to completely change up my plan etc.

Ridiculous time from Professor Hulk.

Really happy Tom Stoltman isn't playing for Scotland tomorrow.

So glad I bought some weights and have been smashing it this whole time. Strength and mass levels looking good. Home weights are a must at the moment

So glad I bought some weights and have been smashing it this whole time. Strength and mass levels looking good. Home weights are a must at the moment
I managed to get an elliptical from Decathlon on the day that lockdown was leaked (and a good job I did because they're still sold out now)
Only thing keeping me sane atm, ha (plus only thing keeping the lockdown snacking in check) - would love some weights but can't justify how much they cost, because I'll still use the elliptical when gym's are open but weights would be shoved to the back of a wardrobe somewhere

I managed to get an elliptical from Decathlon on the day that lockdown was leaked (and a good job I did because they're still sold out now)
Only thing keeping me sane atm, ha (plus only thing keeping the lockdown snacking in check) - would love some weights but can't justify how much they cost, because I'll still use the elliptical when gym's are open but weights would be shoved to the back of a wardrobe somewhere
I picked up a couple slam balls and couldn't recommend them more, have got an insane amount of use out of them. A few workouts online are absolutely killer. I'm definitely not losing muscle and building core fairly nicely. I'd say strength levels are dropping but not as badly as they could.

I think I've spent around £300 in total on like changeable DBs 0-20 kg pair, then a pair of 30kg solid ones and then some Olympic size DBs and 42kg of weight for each one.

That lot, a pull up bar and then I use a kitchen chair for some exercises and a wooden bench we have in the house for other stuff. I'm not sure I'll go back to the gym to be honest, it's great a can get a workout in at lunch or early before work.

I'm as weak as a little babby but God it's good to be back lifting weights again

Speaking on Instagram on Tuesday, the Fine Gael leader said that "we'll be able to set out what can open in May and give some indication as to whether things will open in June or July."

At present, gyms, leisure centres and swimming pools are all closed due to Level 5 restrictions but Vardakar said that "if anyone's going to make the case to Cabinet for (reopening of gyms), it's going to be me."

"I know gyms are opening in England and Northern Ireland, if they haven't already, and people are keen to get back to them. I guarantee you that if anyone's going to make the case to Cabinet for that (gyms reopening), it's going to be me!

Quotes from Leo about gym reopening are looking positive. I'd guess mid-May.

Can anyone recommend any YouTube channels please? My primary interest is strongman, but am flexible if the content is good. Since the parting of the ways of Terry Hollands and Kate Errington and Juji and Tom, I'm a bit short of content. I look forward to anything new from Big Loz and Matt Rhodes and watch most things by Brian Shaw, Martins Licis and Barbend, but am not too excited by them.

The Stoltmans channel is very good

Eddie Halls has gone downhill massively since lockdown/focusing on boxing, but has the odd good video

Terry has been posting videos on ClubHSC (his new strength and conditioning company), so worth subbing to that

Adam Bishop has started posting videos on his channel more frequently since retiring from Quins

Some of the eastern European guys have channels I believe (Mateusz and Novikov) but I've not watched any so not sure how watchable they are (believe they're subtitled)

Then you've got the more influencer type guys like Larry Wheels

Thanks @TRF_Olyy that's all helpful.

I always watch the Stoltman's videos when the algorithm pushes them my way, I don't know why I haven't got around to subscribing. ClubHSC is similar, I've watched the recent UK Strongest Man qualifiers, but not got around to subbing until now. I've watched a couple of Novikov's videos, they're pretty good, but as YouTube is usually background noise for me, subtitles don't really work. I'll have a look at Kieliszkowski's channel, but if that's subtitles too, I suspect it will fall down for the same reason. I didn't know that Bish had a channel, I look forward to having a look at it, I imagine he's got some interesting insights given his background. I've only seen Larry Wheels in other people's videos, so will give him a good too. He seems like a good guy, I guess I've been put off seeking him out in the past because of the influencer thing.

I've watched quite a few of Eddie Hall's videos in the past and will watch anything that I'm particularly interested in in the future, but I get too annoyed by what a giant man-baby he is to watch his videos all the time, particularly now it's more boxing based.

I've only seen Larry Wheels in other people's videos, so will give him a good too. He seems like a good guy, I guess I've been put off seeking him out in the past because of the influencer thing.
Yeah Larry's videos are very much a pick and choose affair
He jumps from goal to goal in his training so, for example, I've no interest in watching his arm wrestling or bodybuilding videos but you scroll back a bit further and there's some really good strongman content
When he first wanted to get into strongman properly (pre-bicep tear) he went and lived in Iceland for a while so there's a lot of content with prime Thor and his crew

Just got a Whoop there yesterday. Calorie, sleep and recovery tracking were the main reason I(/anyone as far as I know) got it but was wondering if anyone else has used one and focuses on other things?

I had a quick read through HRV and wasn't really sure whether I should be looking to get mine up or of it's something to try to keep consistent. I also don't go in depth into heart rate either but it might be something worth checking out.

425kgx4 have to imagine himself or Karu will definitely hit 505 at the deadlift championship.

425kgx4 have to imagine himself or Karu will definitely hit 505 at the deadlift championship.
It looked like there was more in the tank, but enough to put another 77kg on the bar? They're far from an exact science, but a 1 RM calculator put his at 464kg based on this set.

He's a lovely lifter to watch, he just looks like he was built to deadlift.

Latest posts