• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Profiles: Your club and why

i support munster cos my dads from limerick and he wouldnt have tolerated me being a leinster fan. Supported them my whole life so i'm not a lunster. I also play for a club called De La Salle Palmerston but they are crap. Once again not a lunster

Born in Leinster but support Munster= Lunster also you're a teenager rebel.

Used to go to Welford rd as a kid (80s) with my dad when it was a bit more.....run down than it is now and you used to be able to run up the slag heap where the score board was, pound on the score board and the points would flick over. Because it was tigers these used to flip over in multiples of 3! Used to love the Boxing day baa baa games and remember watch Jiffy Davis score a truly great try for the Baa Baas just before he went to play League.

Dont go anymore as I play on Saturdays and have done for a number of years but thinking of retiring and enjoying watching rugby with a pint instead of playing with a collaped lung

Lived for ages in Bath, most practical setup for a good day away for when I was living in Oxford ('cos Readings is rubbish!) , my Dads a Bath fan so... I'm a Bath fan.

Then... I move to Belfast, wanted a Magner's rugby team to follow, Ulster is easy to watch since it is on the TV, seem to do the same performance as Bath (get to semi finals, and get nailed) year in year out so went for it. I picked up Ulster as my second team just in time to see Ulster trash Bath a Ravenhill, :rolleyes: . Weirdly there seems to be an on off player exchange going on Danielli, Harrison, Caldwell which suits me just fine.

I also have a passing interest on all of the other west country clubs Pirates, Chiefs, Glaws, Brizz except of course when it is derby time.

m0rris

Leinster as I was born and lived in Dublin til I was 9, they were the team my parents supported so it was pretty enforced on me. Until I think it was 08 I really had little inters in rugby, but when I broke into my clubs first team that changed. Now I'm a much more active supporter of Leinster and rugby in general. Living out in Singapore I don't get to see much rugby I'm lucky if I see one game a season.

Being from Bradford, there's not much rugby union to watch. I used to follow football when I was younger, and was a big Bradford City fan, and also before getting into union, I was a Bradford Bulls fan, so there's no way I could have ever supported Leeds (the only side in Yorkshire to have a few years in the Premiership). I got into rugby union just as Lesley Vainikolo moved over to union, and at that point he was my favourite player. (He's not excellent in union, but was a beastly try scorer in league. Amazing Bulls player. Him and Shontayne Hape were a joy to watch together back then.) So I followed him and picked Gloucester, and it's stuck.

Live in Sheffield, so might check out a few Rotherham games.

Being from Birmingham I never really had to great an interest in club rugby, i always followed england but that was about it. I used to go to the Villa but my interest in football has waned in recent years so i got more into my rugby. My other half being a Worcester Fan i naturally picked my local team Moseley and started a rivalry with her. I go 2-3 times a season and the odd Worcester game when i'm in the dog house and need to get back in her good books.

I support Leinster because I'm rich.

Or more seriously, it's where I'm from and a bunch of guys who went to my school played for them (Devin Toner, Aiden McCullen, Peter Coyle, Simon Crawford). Then again, a few guys from my school played for Munster (Denis Hurley), Connacht (Ted Robinson), Dax (Aiden McCullen), Toulouse (McCullen again), London Irish (and again), Exeter (Ruaidhri Murphy) and the Brumbies (Murphy again) too!

I support Leinster because I'm rich.

Or more seriously, it's where I'm from and a bunch of guys who went to my school played for them (Devin Toner, Aiden McCullen, Peter Coyle, Simon Crawford). Then again, a few guys from my school played for Munster (Denis Hurley), Connacht (Ted Robinson), Dax (Aiden McCullen), Toulouse (McCullen again), London Irish (and again), Exeter (Ruaidhri Murphy) and the Brumbies (Murphy again) too!

castleknock isnt ti?

I support Harlequins RFC and Western Force.

Quins because it's my local club, Force because I like underdogs. And the colour blue. And David Pocock...

From Connacht = support Connacht. I'm from probably the only rugby strong area in Connacht outside of Galway city, the mystical land of Connemara. I say Connemara but really I mean Clifden as nobody else in Connemara plays rugby. Clifden's a strange spot, it's Connemara's capital yet nobody speaks Irish and the main sport is Rugby = we're not much liked. I also went to school in Leinster and we always played in the senior cup so I have a soft spot for Leinster, plus I'm a terrible fair weather fan.

only rugby team in Connemara is in Clifden isn't it The All Blacks. I've being to Clifden a lot nice place

only rugby team in Connemara is in Clifden isn't it The All Blacks. I've being to Clifden a lot nice place

Yup, lost every game last year, but we've a new coach this year and he's brought through all the young guys and as a result we're doing alright this year.

Leinster because I was born and raised here. I don't know who to support in the AIL I do not like St Marys College RFC, probably De la Salle Palmerstown because I played there as a wee lad and then again as a slightly bigger lad and I'm trying to get myself off me arse on a Tuesday night to go back up there.

I also support Western Force because I can't stick the rebels. ;)

Cmac . You are extremely petty.

Jockstrap is a guy called James Mannion playing hooker for the blacks? Have strong links with Clifden Grandma on my Dad's sides from there and my Mum aught there for a few years.

I like to see all the Irish team do well but I am a Leinster fan. Although my dad is from Belfast, my grandad and our routes are in Dublin. I also love Leinster as a club. I think their support is brilliant and style of rugby is perfect. Its all about dynamism which is what I think rugby should be all about.

In the Ulster bank league I support Belfast Harlequins as they're my families local club and they also gave us 2 free tickets for a 6N match after we had spent months looking for them!!!

Latest posts