• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF RUGBY 08 PATCH SEASON 20-21

hello the file that ama uploaded is not patch 20-21. I'll try to upload it next week.

I will launch two simultaneous patches, one with the list of loves to play the world league and the other to play the different world tournaments.

Last edited:
hello the file that ama uploaded is not patch 20-21. I'll try to upload it next week.

I will launch two simultaneous patches, one with the list of loves to play the world league and the other to play the different world tournaments.
Thanks for the response and I look forward to seeing the finished product next week. Once this is released I was thinking of recording a tutorial video for adding patches to Rugby 08. I know you guys get lots of questions on this so hopefully it will help you guys and it can be shared on this forum.

Sounds awesome! Thank you for the effort and time.

Hey legends! how is everyone? once again thank you for the countless hours put into this game and making it awesome for everyone.

I want to try help this time round and would like to work on the roster and assign proper faces etc.

two things (yes I know ive asked before)...

1. roster is awesome just doesnt have star players, how can I re introduce them to the game so that I can update them to todays players.

2. could someone please edit the crowds back into the stadiums and re upload for me? that would be amazing.

with my roster I'm going to keep it new but also throw back in some of the greats (mccaw, carter, bod etc) even if their not a star player and are 30th spot on each team just because I love my nostilgia lol.

Cheers lads!

Hey legends! how is everyone? once again thank you for the countless hours put into this game and making it awesome for everyone.

I want to try help this time round and would like to work on the roster and assign proper faces etc.

two things (yes I know ive asked before)...

1. roster is awesome just doesnt have star players, how can I re introduce them to the game so that I can update them to todays players.

2. could someone please edit the crowds back into the stadiums and re upload for me? that would be amazing.

with my roster I'm going to keep it new but also throw back in some of the greats (mccaw, carter, bod etc) even if their not a star player and are 30th spot on each team just because I love my nostilgia lol.

Cheers lads!

For star players....open up the roster using Woosah's roster editor. Add the symbol ^ at the end of their name to add the star. I was going to do this, however want to make sure we all agree on who should be assigned a star (I'd suggest maybe the top 2 players for each position). I'm gonna have a go this weekend at a few tidy ups with the roster / stadiums / teams and re-upload once i'm done.

For star players....open up the roster using Woosah's roster editor. Add the symbol ^ at the end of their name to add the star. I was going to do this, however want to make sure we all agree on who should be assigned a star (I'd suggest maybe the top 2 players for each position). I'm gonna have a go this weekend at a few tidy ups with the roster / stadiums / teams and re-upload once i'm done.
Hey bro thanks for the reply! I know how to do the ^ trick but I actually want the real star players incorporated with the specific skills eg. carter, Wilko, Henson boots. Collins, umaga tackle break etc.
it looks like their player id has been deleted. (This is because for example I want ardie savea to have jerry Collins star).

Also I noticed the Ai is much harder on this profile which is awesome! Cheers.

Thank you all for the hard work Peter83, Geostar, Ama and everyone helping to make this game the best out there looking forward to the new patch
Southern Hemisphere patch jerseys is awesome specially the Marvel jerseys thanks

I uploaded a new version...this time I put the crowds back into the game and mucked around with the set plays to make the AI way harder to defend against.
I moved the fly half position so that they run onto the ball flat and attack the defensive line, plus I put the original Western Force kits in.
I found the game waaay more fun this way.
Link is here

I uploaded a new version...this time I put the crowds back into the game and mucked around with the set plays to make the AI way harder to defend against.
I moved the fly half position so that they run onto the ball flat and attack the defensive line, plus I put the original Western Force kits in.
Link is here
Great work from you, will give this ago later. Also looking forward to Peter83's work this week

Link is here

Hey bro! I downloaded your update but for some reason it still has a lot of crowds missing. Is there a chance I installed it incorrectly or did you not get around to all the stadiums e.g eden park and suncorp stadium.

Really appreciate your work man!

Great work @ama1
Can you explain how you moved the fly half position? Can the gameplay of the AI be made harder? Like a difficulty level above Elite?

Okay, I'll try and explain...

The following files contain the set play formations.

Classic:
a2ee21f142ccb31da38cfbfa2c7be6ad.xml

Loop:
3c666e2499507adebc5883750b1d9959.xml

Miss Pivot:
434b0cf2a27279e9a526a473446f91de.xml

Cross Kick:
1d2dca50206135e56c296aed09cc0f35.xml THIS PLAY WORKS BETTER (I.E; LESS PREDICTABLE WHEN THE FLY HALF IS NOT SO DEEP)[/TD]

Miss:
133e40027a22bb07095c5076ce5376b0.xml

Pivot:
938dc2d9a8d15f1562e3ec0456f882b7.xml

Dummy Switch:
12dc88722f2629d3d2a262c0f7a49136.xml

Within these files, you can determine where the animation starts...and who recieves the ball from each play (more on this later).
By moving the fly half closer, there is a higher likelihood of the ball being recieved whilst on the run (instead of static ball recieved 10 metres behind the gain line).
By modifying this alone, it makes the AI less predictable. You could probably alter the position of the fly half for each set play.

Here is the layout of the .xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="US-ASCII"?>
<setplay name="pivot" type="3">

<sequenceNames>

<triangleSequence name="QUICK_SETPLAY_THREE_SWITCH"/>
<circleSequence name="QUICK_SETPLAY_THREE_MISS"/>
<crossSequence name="QUICK_SETPLAY_THREE_PASS"/>
<squareSequence name="QUICK_SETPLAY_THREE_POP"/>
<introSequence name="QUICK_SETPLAY_THREE_INTRO"/>

</sequenceNames>

<buttonPlayers>
<entry button="1" player="13"/> THIS DETERMINES WHO RECIEVES THE PLAY IN EACH ASSIGNED PLAY. i.e; (1 = SQUARE, 2 = CROSS, 3 = CIRCLE, 4 = TRIANGLE BUTTON)
<entry button="2" player="14"/>
<entry button="3" player="15"/>
<entry button="4" player="12"/>
</buttonPlayers>

<ruckvalues>
<flyHalfOffset x ="-16" z = "-10"> THIS DETERMINES WHERE THE FLY HALF STANDS. X = WIDTH FROM THE RUCK, Z = DEPTH IN METRES
</flyHalfOffset>

<cpurange min = "3.0f" max = "6.0f">
</cpurange>

<humanrange min = "4.0f" max = "4.0f">
</humanrange>

</ruckvalues>

<scrumvalues>
<flyHalfOffset x ="-16" z = "-10"> WIDTH & DEPTH OF THE FLY HALF FROM THE SCRUM
</flyHalfOffset>

<cpurange min = "3.0f" max = "6.0f">
</cpurange>

<humanrange min = "4.0f" max = "4.0f">
</humanrange>

</scrumvalues>

Cuz, delete any mods in your main folder and install from scratch.
Cheers bro! unfortunately I have tried.. I've reinstalled game twice, redownload your mod twice and wiped every profile and roster clean but alas still the same issue lol. Could it possibly be my display settings? I run on max resolution, force lod, antilising x4 etc.

Latest posts