• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF RUGBY 08 PATCH SEASON 20-21

Hello everyone! I. Have been having trouble with feeding the ball into the scrum. Im playing on PC with a Xbox one controller (the layout is a bit annoying but I get around). Anyone else having similar problems? I mostly play on Pro

Here is the teams.csv for the editor.
There's approx 116 free players in the roster.
They are all named 'New Player' and are all under the nationality 'Spain'
hello, does this file arrange the selections of south america and the 2nd division of europe?

Can anyone make a video of "how to do stats editing in excel" please I'm struggling with that would be nice if there was a video to guide you with everything you need to know.

Can anyone make a video of "how to do stats editing in excel" please I'm struggling with that would be nice if there was a video to guide you with everything you need to know.
That would be much appreciated

I haven't noticed especially after the Rugby World Cup, favoritism towards both English & South African players, but one could argue the same for the New Zealand players during Super Rugby Aoteroa, which is why I adopted your method of averaging the statistics across major tournaments like the World Cup, 6 Nations & Tri Nations.

ama1 said:
When I had a look into the other xml files within Rugby08, I did notice the way Team Chemistry is calculated based on Special Abilities & individual positions, could be improved as there is no real emphasis on other key abilities, which has meant that Ball Winner has become one of the bs attributes within the game.
Do you think it's worth changing the
Do you know how to use excel to edit the roster?

Has anyone fixed the player transfer bug in WL? It always crashes the game, And how come the roasters on WL have players form 2016-17 on them?

yes i have it and i am playing it every day but there is still a few changes i would like to make
Would you be able to send the Kit File Names based on ama's File Lists?
Be much appreciated <3

Few things I've noticed which I've communicated to ama, this could be a personal preference type thing which is attributed to playing a patch over 4 yrs old.
I never thought I'd say this, as I was praying that the kits would be in HD, but for teams like Wales, South Africa, England, Hurricanes & New Zealand there's a lot of detail.
Especially with Wales, the sides of the kits appear slightly darker which can be a distraction.
The grass of some stadiums appear slightly darker in some areas than it does others.

The Tournament Menus for both patches display incorrect information, for example S14 appears as the Aviva Premiership or Gallagher Premiership appears as Guinness Premiership. For this particular patch the roster is quite unrealistic, some players have ratings of 100 & the roster is over 3 years old.

One key difference is the TV Swipes, is it possible we can utilize the old presentation Swipes from the 09 Patch?

I've noticed that some Representative or Club Teams appear as International Teams & don't have a mini-kit assigned. Some Teams Kits like the Hurrifanes have a sepia-tone border applied, is this something which can be modified?

I know this issue has been raised, but some Stadiums have crowds & others don't or just camera flashes?
With regards to the Stadium Graphics files; what graphical content is contained in these files & what do they relate too?
The Stadium Menu screens or the actual Stadium Graphics? Some Stadiums appear more realistic than others, for example Millennium Stadium reminds of the Stadiums within FIFA. Some Stadiums have issues with loading pre match content.
Some Stadiums have missing Graphics (Missing Texture File)

I've noticed this particular issue in the original game, not so much in MUP17, but the pre commentary breakdown of Key Players doesn't appear or show for all teams.

When I tested the patch originally it crashed multiple times when loading the default squads for a few teams Moana Pasfika, New Zealand, South Africa & England, I've since modified the Starting Lineups.

I haven't tested World League completely, but this possibly could've been a decision when making the patch, but Team Ratings are missing in the Team Selection screen & a White Box appears in the bottom right corner.

I'm not sure how some of these can be fixed, but the Boot Packs are so much better than 09 Boots & are very realistic

I managed to find some more Cyber Faces buried in the 09 Update, so I'll post more issues as I find them ❤

Big thumbs up to all keeping the best rugby game alive...and uh can someone please direct me to the latest updated patch

Few things I've noticed which I've communicated to ama, this could be a personal preference type thing which is attributed to playing a patch over 4 yrs old.
I never thought I'd say this, as I was praying that the kits would be in HD, but for teams like Wales, South Africa, England, Hurricanes & New Zealand there's a lot of detail.
Especially with Wales, the sides of the kits appear slightly darker which can be a distraction.
The grass of some stadiums appear slightly darker in some areas than it does others.

The Tournament Menus for both patches display incorrect information, for example S14 appears as the Aviva Premiership or Gallagher Premiership appears as Guinness Premiership. For this particular patch the roster is quite unrealistic, some players have ratings of 100 & the roster is over 3 years old.

One key difference is the TV Swipes, is it possible we can utilize the old presentation Swipes from the 09 Patch?

I've noticed that some Representative or Club Teams appear as International Teams & don't have a mini-kit assigned. Some Teams Kits like the Hurrifanes have a sepia-tone border applied, is this something which can be modified?

I know this issue has been raised, but some Stadiums have crowds & others don't or just camera flashes?
With regards to the Stadium Graphics files; what graphical content is contained in these files & what do they relate too?
The Stadium Menu screens or the actual Stadium Graphics? Some Stadiums appear more realistic than others, for example Millennium Stadium reminds of the Stadiums within FIFA. Some Stadiums have issues with loading pre match content.
Some Stadiums have missing Graphics (Missing Texture File)

I've noticed this particular issue in the original game, not so much in MUP17, but the pre commentary breakdown of Key Players doesn't appear or show for all teams.

When I tested the patch originally it crashed multiple times when loading the default squads for a few teams Moana Pasfika, New Zealand, South Africa & England, I've since modified the Starting Lineups.

I haven't tested World League completely, but this possibly could've been a decision when making the patch, but Team Ratings are missing in the Team Selection screen & a White Box appears in the bottom right corner.

I'm not sure how some of these can be fixed, but the Boot Packs are so much better than 09 Boots & are very realistic

I managed to find some more Cyber Faces buried in the 09 Update, so I'll post more issues as I find them ❤
FRIEND, YOU COULD CONTRIBUTE AND THEN CRITICIZE .... MAYBE YOU ARE RIGHT BUT IN MY PATCH I CLARIFIED THAT THE LIST WAS THAT OF LAST SEASON AND THERE WERE STILL SOME THINGS THAT NEED TO BE IMPROVED. ALSO I WILL FIND OUT IN MY THREAD THAT MY PATCH 20-21 AND THE ROSTER LIST WAS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE AMA1 LIST FOR WHICH THEY COULD ONLY PLAY THE PRO14, PREMIERSHIP, ETC TOURNAMENTS BUT THE WORLD LEAGUE WAS UNCOMPATIBLE WITH MY LIST AS IN THE GAME THERE WERE MORE TEAMS ADDED TO CLOSE THE GAME WHEN YOU WANTED TO PLAY THE WORLD LEAGUE. I THINK THERE ARE ALSO MANY KITS WITH DEFECTS BUT UNDERSTAND WHAT TO MAKE EACH KIT, MINIKITS, LOGOS, BACK PART AND MORE EACH SPONSOR TAKES A LOT OF TIME TO DO. I MAKE IT CLEAR TO YOU THAT I JUST CARRY OUT THE 20-21 PATCH COMPLETELY WITHOUT THE HELP OF ANY MEMBER OF THE FORUM .... I USE A LOT OF MY TIME TO KEEP THIS GAME ALIVE AFTER SO MANY YEARS SINCE I THINK IT IS THE BEST RUGBY GAME TO THE PRESENT ... THEN I INVITE YOU TO THE NEXT SEE YOU CAN MAKE THE PATCH COMPLETELY AND I FOR MY PART WILL JUST DOWNLOAD IT FROM THE FORUM. AMA1 IS A GREAT MEMBER OF THE FORUM AND IF YOU BELIEVE THAT WITH IT YOU CAN CREATE A WET PATCH, I'LL BE OLD TO USE IT ...

I really appreciate your work peter83.

You have pretty much been the only one consistently involved with modding this game over the past five+ years, as alot of modders have all moved on.
I've come and gone over the past 13 years in this forum due to wavering interest, frustration and inability to crack certain elements within the game.

I would have never bothered doing the latest roster, if it weren't for the work you put in with the kits and graphics.

Many thanks for the timeless and often thankless efforts you put in to reinvigorating this classic game.

I encourage anyone willing to have a go at modding to just have a go...
We've all gotta start off somewhere.
There's also a wealth of knowledge peter83 brings to the forum, so reach out to him while he's still active on this forum.
Hopefully through our collective efforts we can relieve some of the burden from our brother.

"Nāu te rōurōu, nāku te rourou, ka ora ai te iwi" - With your basket (contribution) and my basket, the people will be fed!"

FRIEND, YOU COULD CONTRIBUTE AND THEN CRITICIZE .... MAYBE YOU ARE RIGHT BUT IN MY PATCH I CLARIFIED THAT THE LIST WAS THAT OF LAST SEASON AND THERE WERE STILL SOME THINGS THAT NEED TO BE IMPROVED. ALSO I WILL FIND OUT IN MY THREAD THAT MY PATCH 20-21 AND THE ROSTER LIST WAS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE AMA1 LIST FOR WHICH THEY COULD ONLY PLAY THE PRO14, PREMIERSHIP, ETC TOURNAMENTS BUT THE WORLD LEAGUE WAS UNCOMPATIBLE WITH MY LIST AS IN THE GAME THERE WERE MORE TEAMS ADDED TO CLOSE THE GAME WHEN YOU WANTED TO PLAY THE WORLD LEAGUE. I THINK THERE ARE ALSO MANY KITS WITH DEFECTS BUT UNDERSTAND WHAT TO MAKE EACH KIT, MINIKITS, LOGOS, BACK PART AND MORE EACH SPONSOR TAKES A LOT OF TIME TO DO. I MAKE IT CLEAR TO YOU THAT I JUST CARRY OUT THE 20-21 PATCH COMPLETELY WITHOUT THE HELP OF ANY MEMBER OF THE FORUM .... I USE A LOT OF MY TIME TO KEEP THIS GAME ALIVE AFTER SO MANY YEARS SINCE I THINK IT IS THE BEST RUGBY GAME TO THE PRESENT ... THEN I INVITE YOU TO THE NEXT SEE YOU CAN MAKE THE PATCH COMPLETELY AND I FOR MY PART WILL JUST DOWNLOAD IT FROM THE FORUM. AMA1 IS A GREAT MEMBER OF THE FORUM AND IF YOU BELIEVE THAT WITH IT YOU CAN CREATE A WET PATCH, I'LL BE OLD TO USE IT ...
I appreciate you taking the time to reply back, however all I did was outline issues & observations with the latest patch, with the intention of this being improved or rectified in the future. I understand how stressful, time consuming & frustrating the modding process can be. Besides yourself, geostar & ama not alot of the OG modders are active with creating Patches. I've been active viewing posts looking to contribute as best as I can, I've sent Geo some of the Xusky CyberFaces of players still included in the current Patches. They're people like myself who want to learn & contribute more with future Patches.
There's no hate, these were just issues I wanted to bring to people's attention to see if they could be fixed.
The reason I choose to become active on this forum, was to share my knowledge & learn more from the active modders in this group

I appreciate what you've done for our game, by making it still relevant in 2021
They're people that value the work & effort you guys go too, to make this what it is ❤

Last edited:
I really appreciate your work peter83.

You have pretty much been the only one consistently involved with modding this game over the past five+ years, as alot of modders have all moved on.
I've come and gone over the past 13 years in this forum due to wavering interest, frustration and inability to crack certain elements within the game.

I would have never bothered doing the latest roster, if it weren't for the work you put in with the kits and graphics.

Many thanks for the timeless and often thankless efforts you put in to reinvigorating this classic game.

I encourage anyone willing to have a go at modding to just have a go...
We've all gotta start off somewhere.
There's also a wealth of knowledge peter83 brings to the forum, so reach out to him while he's still active on this forum.
Hopefully through our collective efforts we can relieve some of the burden from our brother.

"Nāu te rōurōu, nāku te rourou, ka ora ai te iwi" - With your basket (contribution) and my basket, the people will be fed!"
Coming from a big fan of the game who's been in and around the form for a long time without ever being able to contribute I can't thank you guys enough. Peter83 your work is awesome and same goes to you Ama & Geostar. You've made me a very happy man for so many years because of all your hard work.

this might be a bit out there but perhaps we could start a funding page for our modders to help reward your hard work and help create a more complete 08 experience with future patch work.

I for one would happily donate $ for your guys efforts and I'm sure their would be plenty of other people too.

also I love your work aswell DC wilko and I'm stoked that your willing to learn and most importantly contribute to future modding of this great game.

Coming from a big fan of the game who's been in and around the form for a long time without ever being able to contribute I can't thank you guys enough. Peter83 your work is awesome and same goes to you Ama & Geostar. You've made me a very happy man for so many years because of all your hard work.

this might be a bit out there but perhaps we could start a funding page for our modders to help reward your hard work and help create a more complete 08 experience with future patch work.

I for one would happily donate $ for your guys efforts and I'm sure their would be plenty of other people too.

also I love your work aswell DC wilko and I'm stoked that your willing to learn and most importantly contribute to future modding of this great game.
I'm still interested in the Patron or OnlyFans of posting exclusive kits
My regret is not seizing the opportunity to learn sooner, but we're fortunate enough that modders like Wilko, Fa'atau82, Wolfdog, Intercept King, pageski & Xusky, etc have left the information there for us to use.
The only reason I share this information and findings, is because it's the only way people will truely appreciate the effort & work that goes into these patches & maybe inspire them to learn more ‍♂️ Many hands make light work & team work, makes the dream work as cliche' as that sounds

@peter83 thank for an awesome Patch! I finally got a chance to download it and play it. Me and my friend played against each other again after years. Felt like we were back in High School again hahaha. A saw a few rooster bugs. For example South Africa doesn't have Cheslin Kolbe in the team. But that's something we can fix ourselves.

Latest posts