• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Test Rugby Fantasy Rugby World Cup 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
When exactly will they put in the 1st round points I had to switch a heap of my all blacks since they aren't in the 2nd game without knowing how mayn points I had got.

<div align="center">Round 1 Winner: QKXV
Overall Leader: QKXV

</div>

My team name is : rugby_roots

and Im in 37th place as of round 1

I have the latest rankings for this and will post them up when I get a chance tonight :D

gone from 31st to 10th in two rounds :D quite happy with that and remade my team now with players that should build on that

Well done to Spacemanspiff for taking round 3!

This round could be anyones depending on how the starting lineups changing has influenced available number of trades, personally I'm down to 0 trades and 3 or 4 non starters left in my XII, plus another uncertainty,I simply used too many trades in Round 3.

So far this has been a very interesting competition with many different starting XII being able to get the points. We're also coming to what I think would be the easier stages of this particular fantasy game.
Because the number of sides falling, I reckon it would be a lot easier to pick your starting XII's for the next few rounds.
On the other hand though it would be harder to pick players that would score maximum points in the knockout stages because you don't have the luxury of certainty which you had when big sides faced minnows.

In previous competitions players who stuck with it managed to climb the rankings until the very end, with this round, the quarters, semi's and final to come no one can afford to take their eyes of the ball here, the competition is still very much alive and the crown for TRF's fantasy world cup champ is still very much anybody's!

Good luck

Sweet from 22nd in the first round to first. hey QKXV game on!!!

<div align="center">Round 2 Winner: QKXV
Round 3 Winner: Spacemanspiff
Round 4 Winner: TheBokke
Overall Leader: TheBokke

</div>

Sweet from 22nd in the first round to first. hey QKXV game on!!!
[/b]

Massive round there Bokke, well done mate. Not trying to give excuses here but in the current top 10 it was only you, mean_team and Jasonfoshizz who had 12 starters in their squads - that is the real achievement for that round, speculation for starting XV's during the pool stages doesn't really always pay off.

Ha ha yup managing is about picks & trades as well :lol: . No serious still all to play for with a whisker between the top 4 on who is going to take it.

Good comp and tight as usual. Here is to a 1-2 finish for SA.

Ha ha yup managing is about picks & trades as well :lol: . No serious still all to play for with a whisker between the top 4 on who is going to take it.

Good comp and tight as usual. Here is to a 1-2 finish for SA. [/b]

Thats being a bit greedy - I'll allow you to have a 2-3 finish if you want though ;)

<div class='quotemain'> Ha ha yup managing is about picks & trades as well :lol: . No serious still all to play for with a whisker between the top 4 on who is going to take it.

Good comp and tight as usual. Here is to a 1-2 finish for SA. [/b]

Thats being a bit greedy - I'll allow you to have a 2-3 finish if you want though ;)

[/b][/quote]

Yup thats why you got to love the southern hemisphere competitive till the end!!!

Team Name - "The Lads Who Get In"

Currently 44th of 48!

Nice time to join, should've named yourself Get in late lads...

anyway, after that poor attempt at humour let me just make one thing clear....by the skin of your springbok pyjamas TheBokke, by the skin of it, but not for long...lol

....and as for you darwin23, well done mate for taking the last round, but I think it will be hard for you seeing that you have to replace more than half your team and still manage to buy a decent starting XII for less than 12 000 000, so the 2-3 finish you're talking about might soon be a 23rd place finish for yourself. ;)

Nice time to join, should've named yourself Get in late lads...

anyway, after that poor attempt at humour let me just make one thing clear....by the skin of your springbok pyjamas TheBokke, by the skin of it, but not for long...lol

....and as for you darwin23, well done mate for taking the last round, but I think it will be hard for you seeing that you have to replace more than half your team and still manage to buy a decent starting XII for less than 12 000 000, so the 2-3 finish you're talking about might soon be a 23rd place finish for yourself. ;)
[/b]

Yeah to be honest I think I'm going to struggle to catch you and TheBokke - I might have to take a few risks over the next few weeks if I'm gonna get close.... I really don't have much motivation to compete in this competition anymore for some reason - could be due to a the result of a recent rugby match :wah:

Well only one round left to play and there are still 4 teams in contention, with just over 700 points separating the top 4. It was another good round for me (thanks particularly to Habana), moving me up into second place with a very comfortable 5 point lead over QKXV B) Hopefully I don't choke and end up in fourth or something - its the sort of thing that us Kiwi's like to do...

Anyways good luck to everyone for the final round - may the best team win (as long as that team is mine :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.