• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF URC season XV

TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
I thought it might be nice to while away the wait for the play offs (I know Leinster has a job to do in 'HEC' still) with a poll for each position. Could I ask for nominations for each position from those who might be interested. I certainly havn't followed all the teams. If we have a couple I'll start putting up a poll thread per position and we can announce TRF's URC XV of the season!

To get thing started:

15 - I can think of a ton of players here but my noms are
Rhyno Smith
Henry Immelman
Warrick Gelant
Mike Lowry
Kurtley Arendse

Darcy Graham
The lumpy looking old guy from Munster- his name... wait, Simon Zebo
Madosh Tambwe, eh
Mack Hansen

Need some input here.

Stewart McCloskey from the few games I've seen
Damian Willemse

I might be confusing HEC form with URC but Jamse Lowe is some player
Leolin Zas - Hadn't had a ton of work to do on most of his tries but have to include the top try scorer surely
That beast from Benetton, Monte Ioane

Need some help here. Probs have to include top points scorer Manie Libbok but surely there is someone more deserving?
Blair Kinghorn maybe?

Grant Williams
Morne van der Berg

Evan Roos get the win here- I am not even going to put up a poll!
Not even going to mention Elrigh Louw
Or Nick Timoney
Or even Sione Kalamafoni
Jack Dempsey need not apply

Marcel Coetzee
Deon Fourie
Jac Morgan
Marcus Rea

Vincent Tshituka

Ruan Nortje

Walt Steenkamp
Richie Gray

Carlu Sadie

Johan Grobbelaar

Steven Kitshoff

Getting lazy here towards the end.

Should have Boffelli over Immelman. Mark Bennett has had a stellar season at Edinburgh if you want an option at 13.

Should have Boffelli over Immelman. Mark Bennett has had a stellar season at Edinburgh if you want an option at 13.
Yeah I want options. Would like to have a few for each poll. Assuming there is interest. Cheers for what I will take as nominations!

I know we rotate a good bit but one player from Leinster, who only played 6 games, is maybe a bit...neglectful?

Find team of the season very hard to pick in fairness with the amount of rotation in the league with who has and hasn't played. I'd say in terms of guys who played at least 10 games, Ala'alatoa, Moloney, Ruddock, Penny, Deegan, Ross Byrne and Frawley are probably all worthy of nominations.

I know we rotate a good bit but one player from Leinster, who only played 6 games, is maybe a bit...neglectful?

Find team of the season very hard to pick in fairness with the amount of rotation in the league with who has and hasn't played. I'd say in terms of guys who played at least 10 games, Ala'alatoa, Moloney, Ruddock, Penny, Deegan, Ross Byrne and Frawley are probably all worthy of nominations.
Ag, its just a bit of fun. I don't expect anyone would take something of this nature too seriously. Injuries are also a factor. Any sort of XVs could never be anything other than subjective and for my personal nominations I can only work off of what I have seen.

That said, I appreciate your nominations, thanks!

Ag, its just a bit of fun. I don't expect anyone would take something of this nature too seriously. Injuries are also a factor. Any sort of XVs could never be anything other than subjective and for my personal nominations I can only work off of what I have seen.

That said, I appreciate your nominations, thanks!

Ah yeah no worries, I was only partially serious. I just refuse to use smilies to convey that.

It's good to get the different perspectives on it since no one watches all the games.

Given Edinburgh effectively hit a brick wall when Jamie Ritchie got injured in the 6N , I'd plump for him. I'd second Bennett (but not apparently good enough to get a decent shot at the Scotland jersey). Am was decent before he left for Japan so that's another 13.

It is weird how I can't think of 10s. Give it to Harry Byrne! The Lions 10 has looked decent (I saw someone from SA Rugby magazine plumped for him).

Getting incredibly speculative now...

I think Ruzza and Padovani (a heady player) are routinely overlooked, but wouldn't make them best in their positions.

And the Sharks replacement scrum half last weekend was the best I've seen from a. 9. :p

It breaks my heart but I don't think I'd suggest Tiernan O'Halloran at fullback this year.

Since there's no Connacht fans here. I'll say it for them. Prendergast should absolutely be nominated for blindside flanker.

2021/22 UNITED RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP DREAM TEAM:
1. Ox Nche (Cell C Sharks)

2. Johan Grobbelaar (Vodacom Bulls)

3. Thomas du Toit (Cell C Sharks)

4. Jean Kleyn (Munster)

5. Ruan Nortje (Vodacom Bulls)

6. Marcell Coetzee (Vodacom Bulls)

7. Nick Timoney (Ulster)

8. Evan Roos (DHL Stormers)

9. Craig Casey (Munster)

10. Ross Byrne (Leinster)

11. Leolin Zas (DHL Stormers)

12. Damian Willemse (DHL Stormers)

13. James Hume (Ulster)

14. Seabelo Senatla (DHL Stormers)

15. Warrick Gelant (DHL Stormers)

Players had to have made a minimum of nine appearances to be considered, with the media panel given a shortlist of 10 players per position, provided by URC StatMaster. The player with the most votes in each position earned a place in the team.

Willemse has been pure class this year. I hope he can recover in time for at least one of the Wales games.

Not many deserving from Welsh regions. Easy to overlook them when the regions haven't played well, but there's been some good individual performances:

Dragons: Basham and Rowlands
Cardiff: Amos and Botham
Ospreys: Dewi Lake, Morgan Morris and Jac Morgan
Scarlets: Sam Lousi, Kalamafoni and Ryan Conbeer

Not sire if any deserve a place above those from SA/Ireland players in perticular though.

Bulls pack and Stormers backs. The old SA maxim. Yet the Bokke will be a combo of Sharks and overseas based players.

Latest posts