TRF WANTS YOU!

Discussion in '2017 British & Irish Lions Tour' started by St Helens RLFC, May 15, 2009.

1. TRF will be running a weekly podcast for the duration of the Lions tour. We are looking for people willing to come on air and give their thoughts.

Please register your interest here.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

I'm definitely interested.

Is there a timetable/schedule with the dates so us members can make sure we're availiable?

4. Haysie

Haysie Guest

I'm in for a netural perspective on the games. (Which will be biased to the boks, of course :p )

5. Woldog

Woldog Guest

I'm in for a very biased opinion of the games and Comparing the Lions Defence to the defence of Rugby 08.

6. I'll draw up a timetable depending on the interest.

7. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

I'm down...!

8. Ozzay

Ozzay Guest

i'm in

9. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

I think someone as incredibly knowleadgable and sexy as myself is a shoo-in... :bravo:

10. Thingimubob

Thingimubob Guest

I'm in, but have exams atm (last one is a week today, so after that I'm def available)

11. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

FYI I have set up the ventrilo server where we'll be running the podcast from. When the time comes, a handy-dandy FAQ and HOWTO on how to set up ventrilo and get everything running will be availible.

12. There is going to be a podcast at 10:45PM GMT TOMORROW (Thursday 27th).

If you want to participate you need to tell me, Prestwick or Steveo.

13. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

That's right, it should be interesting!
    If you want to join in and you have a mic, PM the people mentioned above and a step by step tutorial will be sent to you on how to get ventrilo working. It takes 2 minutes from downloading the software to being podcast ready.

14. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

How much bandwidth will something like this chew up?

15. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

Good question.

Bandwidth usage is determined by the codec and is dictated by the server. It could be as low as 600 bytes/sec or as high as 8000 bytes/sec per voice stream.

I got that from the Ventrilo website. Perhaps Prestwick can give stats and whatnot.

16. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

Yeah i need that info! Best i can do is buy like a 500mb data bundle or something hey...

17. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say you'll need about 100mb if even that. I read with a codec like Speex you can reduce the quality of the sound so that it uses your bandwidth less. The lowest I read is that of a telephone call, which isn't THAT bad.
    Gamers use Ventrilo so it should be easy on bandwidth.

Until Prestwick sheds some light on the issue I suggest you download the 2 most popular codecs, Speex and GSM.

18. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

And i take it 10:45PM GMT means 12:45AM here??? Yeah... about that....

19. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

Oh snap! We are 2 hours ahead hey, forgot about that one.
    Pushing it back 2 hours would be better...

20. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

Need the HOW-TO for Ventrillo! I am all set up for tonight! Still though, make it earlier PLEASE!!!! Like 19:00 over there, which is 21:00 here, which is also directly after the game! Comoooooooooooooooooooooooooooone!

EDIT: ****, was it yesterday? AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

SECOND EDIT: Wait, it is tonight! YAY!

21. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

I'm also availiable straight after the game.

Any British or Irish members keen?

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!