• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[TRF World XV] Blindside Flanker

World XV Blindside Flanker

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No Jerome Kaino? I call shenanigans.

And how is SOB in the blindside and openside poll? More shenanigans.

Steven Luatua? Hmmmm.

Not even the best in NZ... Clearly not the best in the world.

No Jerome Kaino? I call shenanigans.

And how is SOB in the blindside and openside poll? More shenanigans.

Until a couple of weeks ago Kaino hadn't even played at a reasonable level for almost two years. Maybe of we were doing this at the end of the season it would be different, but as it stands I don't see how you could say he's proven to be the best in the world at this point in time.

SOB's style of play his half way between a 6 and a 7, I think most would agree he'd work just as well on either flank, depending on his team mates.

I can't remember t5he last time SOB started a game at 6 I think its safe to say he's a 7 these days.

not to be that chauvinistic guy, but I totally totally am anyways, but Yannick Nyanga please. At least nominated, his name's got to appear. It really has to.

Sean O'Brien is a 7 regardless of the style of play he has, it's silly to include him in 2 poles and makes the voting more awkward..
& As Lynam said when was the last time he played consistently at 6?

Sean O'Brien is a 7 regardless of the style of play he has, it's silly to include him in 2 poles and makes the voting more awkward..
& As Lynam said when was the last time he played consistently at 6?

agreed. Let's be tidy or do nothing at all, coz what are we doing here ? Guys appearing twice in different threads, voting 3 times for the same guy on 3 different threads etc...anyways.
Fe Fe Fe Fe Fe.........FERNANDEZ LOBBEEEEEEEEEEEEE....
para mi...

P.S.: oh could someone explain to me what the strategy is with playing Alberts in the 7 jersey ?
I understand his profile is obviously more BS than OS, but I remember he was wearing the 7 shirt last November in the EOYT. Is it just a number, like, the whole "6 and 7 roles are inverted in France and SA" thing ?

Last edited:
agreed. Let's be tidy or do nothing at all, coz what are we doing here ? Guys appearing twice in different threads, voting 3 times for the same guy on 3 different threads etc...anyways.
Fe Fe Fe Fe Fe.........FERNANDEZ LOBBEEEEEEEEEEEEE....
para mi...

P.S.: oh could someone explain to me what the strategy is with playing Alberts in the 7 jersey ?
I understand his profile is obviously more BS than OS, but I remember he was wearing the 7 shirt last November in the EOYT. Is it just a number, like, the whole "6 and 7 roles are inverted in France and SA" thing ?

That's exactly it. Alberts is an out-and-out blindside. Blindside flank in SA is 7. But he can and has covered no.8 and tight-head lock.

That's exactly it. Alberts is an out-and-out blindside. Blindside flank in SA is 7. But he can and has covered no.8 and tight-head lock.

right, he's definitely got the bulk and size for it. He's one big boy, isn't he...

He's a 7/ openside.

I went for POM. I thought he was the stand out 6 in the 6N.
I know who he is I was just surprised that he was put in the blindside poll. He is probably the most out an out 7 in the world !

Michael Hooper???? He's openside flanker!!!!!!!!! :roflrol:

I know who he is I was just surprised that he was put in the blindside poll. He is probably the most out an out 7 in the world !

Oh right did not see him included in the poll. Haha. Good point why is he included in this poll???

Wow it's like no one has ever heard of dual opensides before...

I've never seen Michael Hooper play on the blind side. Also he's too short to play at 6. Usually in modern rugby, the blindside flanker is the third jumper. If you've got a short blindside flanker, then you lose a jumper on the lineout.

I'd like to see David Pocock and Michael Hooper playing together, but in that case, I would choose Pocock at blindside, because he's a bit stronger than Hooper IMO

Latest posts