• Adriaan Strauss (RSA)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Tom Youngs (ENG)

• Dimitri Szarzewski (FRA)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]In the last years, [/FONT]Adrian Strauss has been better than Bismarck du Plessis IMO

In the last years, Adrian Strauss has been better than Bismarck du Plessis IMO

Certainly at least on par. Both do the core hooker duties exceedingly well, I'd say Strauss even though more doughy is more dynamic and has a cooler head (unless grabbed by the testicles) but when all is said and done I'd still go for Bismarck at least for the tight games because he just has greater 'presence' in contact and is a bigger menace at the all-important breakdown.

Bismarck du Plessis with Adriaan Strauss on the bench and Schalk Brits in the extended squad. Why can't SA have the same quality in depth at 10 though!?!

I'd be happy if the AB's had a hooker half as good as either.

I'd be happy if the AB's had a hooker half as good as either.

Maybe the NZRU and SARu should get together and do a kind of exchange program. Imagine if we sent over a guy like Strauss or Brits early on in their carreers while we had Smit and Du Plessis and you sent over someone like Nick Evans here while you had Carter..

We could do with one of your oversupply of quality outside backs as well..

Last edited:
Adriaan Strauss is pretty much the image I get if someone says "Think of a human you would describe as pig-like"

Maybe the NZRU and SARu should get together and do a kind of exchange program. Imagine if we sent over a guy like Strauss or Brits early on in their carreers while we had Smit and Du Plessis and you sent over someone like Nick Evans here while you had Carter..

We could do with one of your oversupply of quality outside backs as well..

Sound like a winner to me.

i dont think i'll do a round 2 or because there is a clear winner here for the hooker position

Latest posts