[TRF World XV] The Gob****e XV

iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
im sure people are looking forward to this so i am making it so who do you think the gob****e starting 15 should look like ?

Not to derail this thread but how about a recap/conclusion of the actual TRF XV with coach as voted by the good people of this site? Certainly for another thread but I thought you might want to post the end results, ImScotty and allow people the opportunity to go off about the poor merits of the democratic process..

Anyway my contribution for this thread would be (and I would nominate him for captain while bringing him out of retirement)...

Eliota Fuimaono-Sapolu

During the 2011 Rugby World Cup Eliota Fuimaono-Sapolu made a Twitter post linking the scheduling of the world cup to slavery, the holocaust and apartheid

Coach has to be a toss up between the attention-seeking media whore Jake White (who I think is actually a good coach despite this failing) and Peter de Villiers who I am glad I havn't heard of in a good while...

Honorable mention to Brendan Venter for THAT interview as well... man, our SA coaches really get their feet in their mouths a lot..

Last edited:
cheka as coach, absolute ********.
9.Kockott
10.McAlister
12.Tom Carter
15.Armitage
6. Burger

well gob****e would mean a guy who yaps a lot but doesn't back it up. Under that (original) definition, many of the ppl mentioned here don't really qualify. But just for fun then:

1 - Michele Rizzo.
3 - Adam Jones.
4 - Bakkies Botha.
5 - Pascal Papé for SURE. Indisputably.
13 - Manu Tuilagi.
15- Delon Armitage.

Farrell at times can be a right gobsh*t,

Still playing I would go for.

Hartley @ 2
Doran-Jones @ 3
Hamilton @ 4
Cudmore @ 5
Burger @ 6

Phillips @ 9
Farrell @ 10
Caucaunibuca @ 11
Macalister @ 12

Armtiage @ 15

Coach: Although he has gotten better Cockerill, Forwards coach Morris

More will come.

Gobsh*t doesn't mean they don't back it up, Healey is like god of the Gobshi*ts but he certainly backed it up with his playing.

But just for fun then:

And I thought Adam Jones was fairly quiet and a good guy for a while, but I've seen him do really annoying things on the field and open that yapper quite a bit when things don't go too well in the scrum. He's a lot less teddy bear-ish than we think. And I can't think of too many loud mouth Tightheads so, if you find a better one, this thread is a public one I don't own it.
Olyy, never an opportunity passes where you're not trying hard. Classy stuff, "mate" ! :kiss:
"Losing the plot" would be not posting anything at all about the plot at hand: giving solutions to the thread, and not anything else.

3 - Adam Jones.
Eh? He's one of the most humble, lovely players you'd ever want to meet:

"Look, you've got probably the best full-back in the world in Halfpenny and he's only 24. Sam is only 25," he says. "They get the headlines because they are fantastic players. I'm not massively bothered about it."

"If I could walk out in Cardiff on my 100th cap, with my daughter, that would be brilliant," he says. "When I was subbed after 30 minutes, it can't have been easy for my parents. To be in the crowd when I was maybe getting abused can't have been nice. For them, it will be pretty special."

And will he accept that he is one of the all-time Welsh greats?
"I'm not sure about that," he says. "In stats, maybe. I will look at it when I finish, but when you consider where I came from, not destined for anything, it's surreal what's happened, like going to Downing Street and meeting Nelson Mandela.
"Some of the people you meet and the benefits you get from rugby are fantastic. I'd never have dreamt of it."

I know he's humble. Never said anything about that....But he's a louder mouth and dirtier guy than I expected for a long time.
And btw you sort of defeat the purpose of quoting him there: "in stats, maybe" shows how he's playing false humility and is more lucid and conscious that he's a Welsh great than the interviewer there !
But you'll see him pad an opposing scrummager on the back, on the head every once in a while. You'll see him make vexed facial expressions and yap a bit to the opposing front row. You do see him do dirty things, and again, get me a better TH for this thread, I'm not nearly categorical about this, just thought of someone who does indeed get nasty at times.
This is starting to look like I'm hanging on hard to him. Just a proposition. Come on people, solutions.

Liam Williams is a great shout !
Jannie Du Plessis for tighthead? Ben Franks or Greyling ?

Latest posts