Tri Nations: All Blacks - Springboks @ Westpac Stadium (30-07-2011, 07:35 GMT)

Discussion in 'Tri Nations 2009-2011' started by Darwin, Jul 26, 2011.

1. TRF_stormer2010

TRF_stormer2010 Super Moderator

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

Stormers

Erm, Kevan mealamu, rested on the weekend. Cooper and the other Aussies (except Pocock) rested against Samoa... Pocock hasn't played a lot of S15 due to injury so he doesn't need rest, he needs gametime.

The others are NH so i couldn't say. Get your facts straight before making petty posts like these. Strangely enough, its our players that play week in and week out in Europe that aren't injured. I wouldn't know whether that is because of better management or less intensity than SH rugby.... *fishing*

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. TRF_Olyy

TRF_Olyy English Arrogance

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Sale

Nah, it's because our physios, S&C coaches and general man management is of a higher standard ;)

4. big ginger 8

big ginger 8 Senior Member

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Leinster

In fairness in Ireland we have a quota system for internationals. They play the HC games but only a few Magners games. So BOD and Earls can't really be counted despite playing all the international matches. However Bowe plays in Wales so he does play a lot more.

5. ZeFrenchy

ZeFrenchy Senior Member

Country Flag:

France

In France there is no dialogue whatsoever between the federation and the league, so players are never rested. This accounts for the great number of injuries in the squad at the end of the season. There has been a lor of time to recover, though, so most of them will be fit for the WC. Any frenchman must admit that if the Equipe de France had played one or two weeks after the end of the Top 14, we would have had close to 21 injured players too.

6. TRF_stormer2010

TRF_stormer2010 Super Moderator

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

Stormers

I can well imagine.

Always felt that if the French played less club rugby they'd be up there competing for the 2nd spot on the IRB rankings.

7. Seaton

Seaton Senior Member

Club or Nation:

Sharks

Um, I think you'll find the SRU rested a bunch of Scottish players from the last few rounds of the ML season, one of whom was Richie Gray...
    Yeah, and the Aussie players players have only '2' professional level tourneys to compete in, so its kinda pointless referencing to them

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!