• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tri Nations: All Blacks - Wallabies @ Eden Park (06-08-2011, 08:35 GMT)

Are you not allowed to "Tackle and Jackle" anymore?? The way that Marshall just explained the penalty you are not :S :S

jesus...all blacks made that look easy
almost as if no effort at all went into that try

First blood AB's. Any prop would have been happy with Nonu's try then ;) nice show of strength

Are you not allowed to "Tackle and Jackle" anymore?? The way that Marshall just explained the penalty you are not :S :S

You are, but you've gotta visually release before going back in for the ball.

I have £20 bet with my boss that New Zealand will win the World Cup. He has the Wallabies. What should I spend it on?

made a hash of that one though... should have been in for a 2nd
this games being played at 100mph though!

You are, but you've gotta visually release before going back in for the ball.

Yer i thought so, to me the way he explained it you weren't allowed to do even that :p :p (Could be the mini hangover ;) )

Gotta say, some seriously magical offloads happening, really don't wanna watch the ENG vs WAL match now, its gonna be so scrappy compared to this :p

Just seen the bicycle kick from cooper, I'm exited :D

I've seen bans given for less than that (McCaw pushing Cooper in the eye area when Cooper had him by the neck)
8 week holiday for McCaw surely? :p

That's gotta hurt the Wallabies. They've been pressing for a good 10 mins, then NZ have the ball for barely a minute and get the try.

O'Connor misses Aus' first chance at points aswell. Things not going well for them atall, and if they're not careful they could be out of this game by half time!

Did they just say that 55,000 is the biggest crowd in NZ in years? :huh:

There's 83k going to a pre-season friendly between England and Wales this afternoon

There's 83k going to a pre-season friendly between England and Wales this afternoon

And more than likely another 75k for the return fixture a week later.

That's because you have bigger stadiums. If Eden Park could hold 80k we would be lucky to sell that out but we would every now and then.

Oz got to start using the ball they are getting in the AB's 22. There's no structure or cohesion when they're close to the line, Cooper not doing his job in that respect. J O'C by far Aussies best back, looks potent when he gets the ball, even if he has sold his kicking boots on eBay overnight it seems.

How dramatic is that half time siren, makes it sound that the next thing you hear is a pair of Messerschmidt's flying over

Aussie ball retention has been impressive, but the All Blacks defence has been simply magnificent!
Wuite funny watching the game with Spanish commentary too, from the bits I can make out, they know they're stuff pretty damn well too.

Aussies are being a little predictable in attack, saying that the NZ defence is rather brilliant. Some seriously good rugby being played, Cooper thus far is rather quiet other than a few Bicycle kicks :p Australia need to score 1st, and early in 2nd half to get some grip on the this game

Latest posts