• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tri Nations: Wallabies - All Blacks @ Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane (27-8-2011, 10:05GMT)

I just want to see is us show some variety in our play, We need to learn to break the line and if we're not going to make the line then slow it down, take the tackle and fine support rather than try and pull a miricle out of the hat

I think Dagg will start. Henry was very impressed with him.

I'm picking Mils to come off the bench.

I think out of respect for Mils, they want to keep him and Richies Test Cap totals in line. Also Mils can cover Wing and Centre if need be and if you wanted to close out a game (when we're up by 30+) then Mils would be your guy.

I'm predicting that ...

... They'll be forward passes missed, knock-ons missed, and some marginal tackles missed

... Some or all of the above will result in controversial points being scored or not scored

... The ref and his assistants will be accused of bias or incompetence by the supporters of one, or possibly both sides :D

I'm looking for a place where I can put a bet down on this, but I can't find one so far :p

Just a point to keep in mind guys (if this hasn't already been mentioned) but when you are watching this match, remember that it will be the last ever Tri-Nations match.

From 2012 onwards, Argentina joins the competition and it becomes the Four Nations.

Each team will play one home and one away match against each of the other three, so Argentina will host three IRB Tier 1 teams in a single season for the first time in their history.

Just a point to keep in mind guys (if this hasn't already been mentioned) but when you are watching this match, remember that it will be the last ever Tri-Nations match.

From 2012 onwards, Argentina joins the competition and it becomes the Four Nations.

Each team will play one home and one away match against each of the other three, so Argentina will host three IRB Tier 1 teams in a single season for the first time in their history.

Good point, didn't even think of that. Pretty exciting times ahead.

I'm predicting that ...

... They'll be forward passes missed, knock-ons missed, and some marginal tackles missed

... Some or all of the above will result in controversial points being scored or not scored

... The ref and his assistants will be accused of bias or incompetence by the supporters of one, or possibly both sides :D

I'm looking for a place where I can put a bet down on this, but I can't find one so far :p
Barnes is the ref, nuff said.

I like Wayne Barnes. New Zealanders remember the shocker he had in 2007 but there is no doubt he's been one of the best referees around since. That being said, if we lose my some 50/50 call, I'm sure I'll take it back...

I like Wayne Barnes. New Zealanders remember the shocker he had in 2007 but there is no doubt he's been one of the best referees around since. That being said, if we lose my some 50/50 call, I'm sure I'll take it back...

Don't we still employ the death penalty for traitors???? <_<

So presumably the trophy will be kept by the winning team on saturday?

Last edited by a moderator:
So Aus will get the last Tri-Nations :D then have huge confidence in such a young team and go on to winning a 3rd world cup ***le.

For the Aussies that midfield pairing with AAC on wing looks a bit like a question mark to me; I wouldn't be surprised if it went well but I would be even less surprised if the ABs make them look ordinary. The big question though is whether the Aus forwards and Genia can take the pressure off of Cooper.

I'm a bit surprised (and glad frankly) that the AB's have never looked to use Dagg as a back-up for Dan Carter at 10. I know he is a shoe-in for fullback but you guys have sooo many options there and Dagg did look fantastic as a first reciever the few chances he had in the S14 in 2010. At the Crusaders obviously he'd be behind Carter but I can't help thinking it's an opportunity the AB's missed. Then again the NZ staff know infinately more about what their doing than i would.

I do hope Australia win, but all depends on the All Black's XV

For the Aussies that midfield pairing with AAC on wing looks a bit like a question mark to me; I wouldn't be surprised if it went well but I would be even less surprised if the ABs make them look ordinary. The big question though is whether the Aus forwards and Genia can take the pressure off of Cooper.

I'm a bit surprised (and glad frankly) that the AB's have never looked to use Dagg as a back-up for Dan Carter at 10. I know he is a shoe-in for fullback but you guys have sooo many options there and Dagg did look fantastic as a first reciever the few chances he had in the S14 in 2010. At the Crusaders obviously he'd be behind Carter but I can't help thinking it's an opportunity the AB's missed. Then again the NZ staff know infinately more about what their doing than i would.

I think at this point, it would be pretty unwise to stick someone like Dagg in a position he's not had a good few years in. He covers there pretty well, but I'd feel much safer with Cruden there than Dagg.

I do hope Australia win, but all depends on the All Black's XV

The All Blacks XV will be virtually the same as the one that played at Eden Park with the expected inclusion of Woodcock and a slight question mark over the starting wingers and whether Dagg can oust Muliaina (not likely however)

All Blacks team:

New Zealand: 15 Mils Muliaina, 14 Cory Jane, 13 Conrad Smith, 12 Ma'a Nonu , 11 Zac Guildford, 10 Daniel Carter, 9 Piri Weepu, 8 Kieran Read, 7 Richie McCaw (c), 6 Adam Thomson, 5 Samuel Whitelock, 4 Brad Thorn, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Tony Woodcock

Replacements: 16 Andrew Hore, 17 John Afoa, 18 Ali Williams, 19 Victor Vito, 20 Andy Ellis, 21 Colin Slade, 22 Isaia Toeava.

From: http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_7121692,00.html

D
oes anyone know what the proble with Kaino is? He would be starting if fit, surely?

All Blacks team:

New Zealand: 15 Mils Muliaina, 14 Cory Jane, 13 Conrad Smith, 12 Ma'a Nonu , 11 Zac Guildford, 10 Daniel Carter, 9 Piri Weepu, 8 Kieran Read, 7 Richie McCaw (c), 6 Adam Thomson, 5 Samuel Whitelock, 4 Brad Thorn, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Tony Woodcock

Replacements: 16 Andrew Hore, 17 John Afoa, 18 Ali Williams, 19 Victor Vito, 20 Andy Ellis, 21 Colin Slade, 22 Isaia Toeava.

From: http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_7121692,00.html

D
oes anyone know what the proble with Kaino is? He would be starting if fit, surely?

Kaino is back in New Zealand for the birth of his child, so no injury problems

Latest posts