• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tri Nations XV 2009

T

ThemApples

15) James O'Connor (What an outstanding Tri Nations this youngster has had)
14) JP Pietersen
13) Conrad Smith (He was outstanding before he got injured)
12) Jean De Villers
11) Bryan Habana
10) Matt Giteau (Carter did not do enough to deserve the number 10 jersey)
9) Fourie Du Preez
8) Pierre Spies
7) Richie McCaw (George Smith and Heinrich Brussouw narrowly misses out)
6) Rocky Elsom (Jean Smith the other major consideration)
5) Victor Matfield
4) Bakkies Botha
3) Ben Alexander
2) Bismark Du Plessis
1) Tony Woodcock

Wouldn't it be great to see a Tri Nations team take on a Rest of World team? (The British Lions would never be strong enough to take on such a side on their own!)

They cant even beat the Springboks by themselves, never mind the combined forces of Australia, New Zealand and South Africa!!

Yeab but when you have combined forces then you have to 'bonding time'. You guys don't have the experience at 'bonding time'; to master it and beat the awesome 'bonding time' put in by the bonded (not combined) forces of the Irish and British Lions.

Anyway, what kind of f***ed up gryphon do you get when you mix a bok a wallaby and a kiwi....Lion would eat that thing alive.

And back on topic:
Despite the fact I don't like him I'd have Frans Steyn at fullback,
Pierre Spies did nothing of great value in 6 matches of rugby...so I pick Kankowski because he managed to do that from a bench without breaking a sweat.

I agree with the rest.

The fact that the Lions tests have been the biggest challenge posed to South Africa this season suggests we wouldn't do too badly if put up against such a side.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 14 2009, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeab but when you have combined forces then you have to 'bonding time'. You guys don't have the experience at 'bonding time'; to master it and beat the awesome 'bonding time' put in by the bonded (not combined) forces of the Irish and British Lions.

Anyway, what kind of f***ed up gryphon do you get when you mix a bok a wallaby and a kiwi....Lion would eat that thing alive.

And back on topic:
Pierre Spies did nothing of great value in 6 matches of rugby...so I pick Kankowski because he managed to do that from a bench without breaking a sweat.

I agree with the rest.[/b]

It would be a deer like thing with massive feet and be a browny coulour with green insides.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 14 2009, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

And back on topic:

I agree with the rest.[/b]

It would be a deer like thing with massive feet and be a browny coulour with green insides.

This creature would eat lots of meat that it had stolen, then complain loads about it afterwards no matter how good it was.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ThemApples @ Sep 14 2009, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
15) James O'Connor
14) Bryan Habana
13) Conrad Smith
12) Jean De Villers
11) Sitiveni Sivivatu
10) Daniel Carter
9) Fourie Du Preez
8) Rocky Elsom
7) Richie McCaw
6) Heinrich Brussouw
5) Victor Matfield
4) Bakkies Botha
3) Ben Alexander
2) Bismark Du Plessis
1) Tony Woodcock

Wouldn't it be great to see a Tri Nations team take on a Rest of World team? (The British Lions would never be strong enough to take on such a side on their own!)[/b]

By and large I agree with you, aside from the changes I have highlighted in bold. I realise that the loose forward is a little muddled up, and maybe it wouldn't work, but I felt that those three all deserved to be there. I'd also have Giteau at second five, but Jean De Villers still did more to warrant being there. Sivivatu wasn't in fine form either, but he still did manage to have small moments of brilliance every now and then.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ThemApples @ Sep 14 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
15) Adam Ashley-Cooper
14) Lachie Turner
13) Conrad Smith
12) Jean De Villers
11) Bryan Habana
10) Matt Giteau
9) Will Genia
8) Pierre Spies
7) George Smith
6) Rocky Elsom
5) Victor Matfield
4) Bakkies Botha
3) Ben Alexander
2) Polota-Nau
1) Tony Woodcock[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Sep 15 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ThemApples @ Sep 14 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
15) Adam Ashley-Cooper
14) Lachie Turner
13) Conrad Smith
12) Jean De Villers
11) Bryan Habana
10) Matt Giteau
9) Will Genia
8) Pierre Spies
7) George Smith
6) Rocky Elsom
5) Victor Matfield
4) Bakkies Botha
3) Ben Alexander
2) Polota-Nau
1) Tony Woodcock[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I really do not understand how you could include 8 out of the 15 players from the worst team in the tri nations

hey the trinations isn't over yet... save your "worst team" comments for after this weekend!! :)

sure we haven't won many, but if you look back over the years we were getting thrashed by the all blacks and little bit better than the boks before 2007, but the wallabies are on the way up. i have faith in Deans.

15) Francois Steyn
14) Sitiveni Sivivatu
13) Jacques Fourie
12) Matt Giteau
11) Bryan Habana
10) Morne Steyn

9) Fourie du Preez

8) Pierre Spies
7) George Smith
6) Heinrich Brussouw
5) Victor Matfield
4) Bakkies Botha
3) Ben Alexander
2) Bismark du Plessis
1) Tony Woodcock

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ThemApples @ Sep 15 2009, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Sep 15 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ThemApples @ Sep 14 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
15) Adam Ashley-Cooper
14) Lachie Turner
13) Conrad Smith
12) Jean De Villers
11) Bryan Habana
10) Matt Giteau
9) Will Genia
8) Pierre Spies
7) George Smith
6) Rocky Elsom
5) Victor Matfield
4) Bakkies Botha
3) Ben Alexander
2) Polota-Nau
1) Tony Woodcock[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I really do not understand how you could include 8 out of the 15 players from the worst team in the tri nations
[/b][/quote]

I really do not understand why you're a tool, it's my opinion, just because I didn't include that joke Ritchie McBore or Schalk Boreger.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Sep 15 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Francois Steyn has been by far the best 15 in this tournament so far...[/b]

He should be in there for his boot alone, it's such a massive weapon to have and to realize you can't even give a penalty away 60 metres out is a huge physcological advantage.

I hate these lists, people all ways leave out All Blacks. Jer1cho, you really believe 2 All Blacks, 3 Wallabies and 10 Springboks is a fair and unbias pick?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Sep 15 2009, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I hate these lists, people all ways leave out All Blacks. Jer1cho, you really believe 2 All Blacks, 3 Wallabies and 10 Springboks is a fair and unbias pick?[/b]

Based on the 2009 Tri-Nations season, i think it's fine. If we are talking as a whole, i would add Carter, Mils, McCaw, deMalmanche and Rocko(on form). But honestly, no New Zealand player has really shined during the Tri-Nations.

The fact that we only lost 1 game, pretty much justifies my selections, as each of those players have been the best in their positions throughout this tournament. Or am i wrong? Chosing a 2009 Tri Nations team has jack to do with being "a fair selection of representation". It's got to do with the best players this season. The fact that i have 10 Springboks merely reflects the form of those players.

Latest posts