• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

trying out rugby for women

maps

Academy Player
Country Flag
Indonesia
i would love to try out for women rugby but i wouldn't know what position to play. i am 1'58 and weigh about 62 kg. i have experience with other sports such as soccer and touch rugby so i know some basic rules and ball handling. my stamina is not that grate as i havent done anything in a while but if needed i can work on that. any comment would be helpful thanks

Don't get too hung up on what position you will play. You'll work it out with the coach and may even try out a few positions before sticking to one (or more!). Remember that players often play across numerous positions at professional level, so the chances are that at amateur level you've got a number of options open to you.

Don't get too hung up on what position you will play. You'll work it out with the coach and may even try out a few positions before sticking to one (or more!). Remember that players often play across numerous positions at professional level, so the chances are that at amateur level you've got a number of options open to you.

Yes, this exactly. From everything I've read here and seen on our local club level, get out there and practice and let the coach see what you can do, then together you can work out the details. You may even find that with the right training your stamina will improve, too.

das

The best thing to do is go out there and be open. Almost every rugby player knows at least two positions and can play them comfortably. That is what coaches are for, determining what your strengths are and putting you in the best position for them. But yes! go out and play some rugby, you will not regret it no matter what position you play!

Latest posts