TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
17978.2.jpg

Leicester winger Alesana Tuilagi could be set for a move to Japan with the Tigers poised to sign Worcester's Miles Benjamin as a replacement.

http://www.espnscrum.com/premiership-2011-12/rugby/story/157027.html

He's certainly getting on a bit, may be able to earn more money in the long run if he plays for Japan (shorter seasons, longer career, easier rugby for only a bit less rugby). He'll probably tear it up there if he leaves. Still, would put a bit of a whole in the Tiger's backline.

Tigers would have to change their whole gameplan, as no-one else (forwards included) carry as hard as him 5m out of the try line :p

Might as well stay with leicester benjamin won't be leaving worcester as long as im still alive lol

out of interest what are we talking money wise, what would be get in the UK v. Jap.

out of interest what are we talking money wise, what would be get in the UK v. Jap.

From the article he could be earning 5 times more in Japan..
So if his average salary in the UK is maybe 150K for being a capped player.. Then maybe 750 pounds? Is that too much?

From the article he could be earning 5 times more in Japan..
So if his average salary in the UK is maybe 150K for being a capped player.. Then maybe 750 pounds? Is that too much?

Yeah I think that's a little much. He's probably under 100,000 at the moment but will probably move up to around 150,000.

Tigers would have to change their whole gameplan, as no-one else (forwards included) carry as hard as him 5m out of the try line :p

I totally agree with you. I have watched him go in hard against opponents and no one, i mean no one who dared tackle him above the knees has been left standing.

At Leicester players earn about 30k for playing rugby. Then a further 500k on the side as a "consultant" for Caterpillar.

Really though, top club players in England generally earn 100-300k. Unless the rumours art true if they play for Saracens where the sky's the limit apparently.

Latest posts