• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

*TUTORIAL: Portrait pics*

U

uli85

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<div align="center">IMPORTANT!!! The portraits are not the same in the different rosters because the player numbers are different. So if you will make portraits for the MUP remember to use the last roster!

The MUP roster is not finished yet but the player numbers in the roster wont change. It just need some appearances corrections.

He man is there a tutorial for creating the faces while in game, the 3D ones?

Cheers for this, looks pretty straight forward, nice tut Uli.
I too am looking for tuts on how to create faces for the game. I can get as far as creating a bmp file for the fsh file but need to know how to pack it all back in. I keep getting error messages. I also need to know how to apply it to oedit model.

Will it work for created players??
[/b]

They have a generic anonymous portrait. It will only work if you replace old players not for newly created ones.

<div class='quotemain'> Will it work for created players??
[/b]

They have a generic anonymous portrait. It will only work if you replace old players not for newly created ones.
[/b][/quote]

Cheers for that.

How do you pack a edited bmp file back into the fsh file and how do you apply it to the oedit model?

Okay I have figured out how to get in back into the fsh file but oedit is still a nightmare, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay I have figured out how to get in back into the fsh file but oedit is still a nightmare, any help would be greatly appreciated.
[/b]

Yes, in OEdit you need a template to import the face because the face models of Rugby 08 are different than other EA games. So the textures doesn't work properly in OEdit.
I talked about this in my thread. Here is the link:

http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=284813

Just download the 1024 x 768 pixels template and paste your face texture in the exact position of Hernandez face. Then save it as a BMP image and import that big image to OEdit and that's all... IT WORKS!!!

I will make a face tutorial anyway. But it will take a time because is hard to explain.

Thanks man, hopefully I will have some new faces for the game eventually, time will tell.

Thanks for your tutorial Uli, it's very clear and explains easily how to create real portraits....

I'm trying with Benetton Rugby & Viadana (MUP)

Sooner or Later next Week I will upload my work.

Thanks for your tutorial Uli, it's very clear and explains easily how to create real portraits....

I'm trying with Benetton Rugby & Viadana (MUP)

Sooner or Later next Week I will upload my work.
[/b]

It's really nice to know about it :D

Well, I did whole Benetton Rugby portraits and I uploaded it on filefront.
This is the link:

http://files.filefront.com/Benetton+Rugby+...;/fileinfo.html

There is only one player missing im my work, (based on MUP) Benetton Rugby have a N Mauger in the squad, but this rugbyman is not in the real roster I presume....

Because...

On BR web site he's not in any team roster (I've checked each XV from 1st XV to the under 15)...

so...

I didn't found his portrait.

Let me know what do you think about....

Nathan Mauger, brother of Leicester centre and former AB Aaron Mauger,
is in the Benetton squad for the Heineken Cup 2008....

from ERCRugby.com Idownloaded his picture...so I'll realease his portrait very soon.

Sorry 4 that guys !!!

Nice work man! I'm happy that my tutorial helped you. Thanks a lot :)
Just one thing... It's better if you put all the files in the same folder so it's easier to extract them. ;)

hey uli...after you've finished the stuff for the MUP, which I think is northern hemisphere could you help us in our proposed Air NZ cup mod, or if not, some super 14/Southern International team ones

Latest posts