• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Two England Six Nations matches to be shown in 3D

B

Bullitt

England's Six Nations match at home to Wales on 6 February will be Europe's first live 3D sports broadcast.

The match against Wales, and the game against Ireland at Twickenham on 27 February, will be broadcast into 40 Odeon and Cineworld cinemas in the UK.

Rugby Football Union operations director Paul Vaughan praised the move as an "exciting new development".

"This demonstrates England rugby has a rich history and an even richer future," he added.

"I hope rugby fans will pack cinemas across the country to support the team and mark this milestone."

The broadcast has been organised by England sponsor O2 and will use polarised 3D cameras at Twickenham.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...ish/8454438.stm

-----------------------------------------------------

Sadly however, this will not have any effect on Englands one-dimensional gameplan.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Leinsterrock @ Jan 12 2010, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I hope no one goes[/b]

Why would you say something like that? It's actually a bloody good idea and serves as good publicity for the sport.

That's crazy,
I'd go if there was an odeon/cineworld within several hours of here =/

Does this mean they'll be shown in Scotland? I'll go and support whoever england are playing against :D

There's an Odeon here in Lincoln that regularily show 3D films, so hopefully I can go watch the England-Wales game with a few mates in 3D, woop.

sounds really f*cking expensive and stupid and pointless. I do not approve. I would like to see what Ireland beating England looks like in 3D though.

I good idea potentailly but I can't watch 3D. I wear glasses and if I wear the 3d ones over my normal spec I get a headache, if I wear the 3d ones only I see nowt.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Jan 12 2010, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I good idea potentailly but I can't watch 3D. I wear glasses and if I wear the 3d ones over my normal spec I get a headache, if I wear the 3d ones only I see nowt.[/b]

That's unfortunate. I've never had any kinda headache or eye strain or any such ailments when wearing the 3d classes (and yes I do actually wear glasses).

Latest posts