• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Two years after the greatest triumph in rugby

M

Melhor Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68LTVdkOsYo

Two years to the day since Argentina defeated France to open the World Cup. Time to remember that great day.

But, Argentina, post World Cup were promised 10 tests per years starting in 2010 and more games against more compeition. Inclusion in the Tri Nations was determined to be inevitable if Argentina would prepare domestically for it. Well, the UAR have been preparing but just what have Argentina had since the World Cup? Lets see:

- No home test vs Australia
- No away test vs Australia
- No home test vs New Zealand
- No away test vs New Zealand
- No home test vs South Africa
- One away test vs South Africa in the off season when a lot of players were not avaliable.

2010 will be Argentina hosting Scotland (twice) and France (once or twice) followed by a November tour to Italy, France and Ireland for one test vs each country. So 10 tests per year will not be happening in 2010 or 2011 despite the promises made by the IRB and the world powers at the meeting in Woking, England. None of the 3N teams will play in Argentina in the years between World Cup 2007 and World Cup 2011.

Actually yeah we've played Argentina 4 times in the last 3 years. Probably not the best idea considering they absolutley hate each other.

Well I'm severely disappointed.
I thought this thread was going to be about our Grand Slam in '08.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Sep 8 2009, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well I'm severely disappointed.
I thought this thread was going to be about our Grand Slam in '08.[/b]
Everyone's forgotten about that.

I have the RWC 2003 DVD so once more, ENGLAND WINZ. I'll never forget that one, I'm still searching for the chick on the beach at the beginning...

xD Class!
I've got that too, but only for the Wales v NZ game in full which is the bonus feature.
Never gone near 'The Final'...
:p

BB59Ugh-thumb.jpg

There must be some problem with the Argentines being douches or something. I mean, why the hell would we play friggin Italy in two tests?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLR @ Sep 8 2009, 06:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There must be some problem with the Argentines being douches or something. I mean, why the hell would we play friggin Italy in two tests?[/b]

The mess that is the British and Irish Lions. The IRB´s tours which are distributed as compulsory to 3N and 6N teams meant that mathematically either Australia or New Zealand had to host Italy twice. The reason is there are 4 SH powers but 6 NH powers and since the Lions are four of them and they were in South Africa, and that France played Australia twice in 2008 then Australia needed to be the host of Italy in 2009. The Lions do this, the f*** with test schedules. June tests dont work every four years because of this. Argentina got to play England twice in June. June tours require all four SH teams to host 3 tests, Arg hosted one and played England away once in Manchester. Arg need to be able to host Aus, NZ and RSA in June. This is the only avaliable time slot.

Latest posts