• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

U.S.A go Red

This thread is fascinating, because I don't understand the first thing about economics.

I'm kinda with you on that one Dan. I've never got stock market. Why is a metal that can't rust or perish, but isn't used to build anything, so valuable? It's a commodity due to cultural conditioning passed down thousands of years, that gold is valuable. Screw gold, mercury is most awesome of all the metals! That stuff is wicked.

You don't have to understand economics, the problem lies in the dirty mind of men...greed and self-interest really.

now with these bail outs, are the company execs facing the same problems of someone who has become bankrupt? because thats the only way i see fit. because it is bs how so much money can be thrown at, lets face it, paracites. people who earn money of other people by not doing a hell of a lot. by being square at the end of it. and when they have f***ed up this badly, they cant keep there million dollar lifestyles.

take a page from my emplyoment. if i serve a minor, im f***ed. $30,000 fine, and the place is closed for a week, and i cant renew my managers lisence. new carrer. the diffrence is?

It would be handy if there was some kind of 'How will the credit crunch affect you?' website where you could put in your details and see. All this talk about wall street, bail outs and astronomical sums of money is a bit abstract for the man in the street, i.e. me. I get the impression that we as a collective are doomed, but am I doomed? I ask this because we seem to love football, reality tv and the Sun, while I don't. Am I of the we?

No Macsen, if we go down that road we end up with the idiotic tripe the UK media is serving up.

Going to where the "normal people" live (as the Islington liberal luvvy elite see them, I swear they watch "Kes" and think everyone who doesn't drive an Audi or watch Sex in the City is some "eh-bai-gum lad" northerner with a flat cap and speaking some indecipherable language known as a "dialect") and asking them how they're handling things at the moment.

And believe it or not, people aren't handling things well at the moment. They need to spend more time explaining in detail whats happening, only then will people see the link between their mortgage payment and the trail that leads all the way to the floors of the US Congress and this ghastly bail out bill.

I swear, BBC News, Sky News and ITN should get the "no **** Sherlock" award this year..

Wave has just hit the Old World...The european stock markets close at approx -8%. Japan goes into semi-panic mode as well.

We're not far from the Big Ride now...

Latest posts