• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

U20 6 nations 2016

I thought i read somewhere that he simply is not eligible. I bloody hope not. What i dont understand is how good must the Fly Halfs be that we have got to keep him out of the picture, he is supposed to be a gem. Sadly under Gatland being ultra-skilful is not a guarantee of selection. Sam Davies should be brought on over the next year or so. Former Junior World Player of the Year is now producing at the top level, i think he will overtake Biggar in the next two years if given the chance, he is properly gifted.

Any player can qualify on residency. It will be the only way he will, but he can.

He can't go to the JWC though as he's not eligible yet mind, but he can play 6N U20 rugby. Not at all weird, right?

Wales u20s seal the Grandslam with a 35 - 6 win over Italy!

Poor first half, but an excellent, clinical second half sealed the win and the ***le.

Keddy looked class, really really tidy prospect. Watkins looks like someone who'd I'd like to see a lot more of over the next few years!

Proud of the boys anyway! First grandslam at u20s level for Wales, and first age grade ***le since 2005!

This is the worst England U20 in ages, almost wooden spoon. Utterly shameful.

Well, at least we got one grand slam this year.
Most unexpected one as well.
There are a few really promising kids coming through, and whilst we're never going to have the depth of some nations, we're not running dry yet.

Who wants a Grand Slam? Everyone knows that the mail aim is to concede the least tries for the tournament! ;)

Joking aside, we'll done Wales.

From an English perspective, I'm struggling to understand how the wheels have fallen off quite so badly.

Who wants a Grand Slam? Everyone knows that the mail aim is to concede the least tries for the tournament! ;)

Joking aside, we'll done Wales.

From an English perspective, I'm struggling to understand how the wheels have fallen off quite so badly.

Duhhh how do you think tournament points are calculated ?!

Heard a couple of guys were missing by being kept by the Prem clubs, but still this team is a lot below the standard we're used to seeing at this level from England.

I mean Wales have had cycles recently where we'll have a successful team for a few years, but will struggle immediately after they graduate until the next talented bunch comes along. England seem to usually be consistently up there as the best team.

Jon Callard. Seriously.

While (to be fair to him) he was appointed as interim coach at short notice thanks to Ian Peel going to Saracens, the sort of performances he gets from the U20s are identical to the performances he got out of the Saxons. Disjointed, disorganised, and lacking in any motivation.

The main reason he sometimes got away with it at Saxons-level is because of the depth advantage England have over Ireland and Scotland at A-grade. The only bright moments were when a player's individual talent shone through the awful coaching. See Wade and Slade's tries for the Saxons last year -- and then watch the whole game.

There's also been a few players missing because they're playing in the premiership, which a bit of a silver-lining, but the dots all join up for it being a coaching issue. Thank God they've replaced him (though in typical RFU fashion he's disappeared into non-job coaching a phantom Saxons/U23 team).

Callard is a rubbish coach but he hasn't been helped by quite a few unavailable players

Nah - You cannot judge any England side objectively whilst Callard is in charge... his record is utterly shameful - he consistently makes good quality sides look rubbish.

Honestly, it's farcical that he's allowed to be in charge of any England side. He makes Richard Graham look like a god.

We always have a couple of talented players missing due to club commitments - it's nothing new.

Last edited:
Nah - You cannot judge any England side objectively whilst Callard is in charge... his record is utterly shameful - he consistently makes good quality sides look rubbish.

Honestly, it's farcical that he's allowed to be in charge of any England side. He makes Richard Graham look like a god.

We always have a couple of talented players missing due to club commitments - it's nothing new.

This 100%.

How he remains in the England set-up is mind boggling.

Latest posts