• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

U20 6 nations 2016

The no.8 gets motm? His tackle was disgusting. Sums the bloody commentators up, they've been a joke.

And now they're calling it a famous victory! Hahahahah

It's basically a junior game.

The no.8 gets motm? His tackle was disgusting. Sums the bloody commentators up, they've been a joke.

And now they're calling it a famous victory! Hahahahah

It's basically a junior game.

That tackle aside, and yes it was a pretty horrid tackle, he was outstanding. And I dare you to march up to any of those players on both sides and tell them it doesn't matter

Of course it matters.

Wales U20s on for the Grand Slam now.

We'll see what happens in June.

Connors, the 12 (O'Brien?) and Ryan were good. Ryan will be a top player one day. The rest of them don't look anything beyond ok players to be honest. That 10 can't manage a backline, tackle very well or kick. I know he wouldn't be first choice normally but still ploddish.

That tackle aside, and yes it was a pretty horrid tackle, he was outstanding. And I dare you to march up to any of those players on both sides and tell them it doesn't matter

I would have given it to the winger or the no9.

Although the 9 went to put his knee into a scuffle but thought better of it :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it matters.

Wales U20s on for the Grand Slam now.

We'll see what happens in June.

This I feel is the issue of British mentality when it comes to youth teams. It shouldn't be win at all costs, it should play exciting rugby and learn the key skills. England today may as well been an under 15s team, they got bull dozed and had no direction. No wonder they've only won one game.

I would have given it to the winger or the no9.

Although the 9 went to put his knee into a scuffle but thought better of it :lol:

Good options too, both had very good games. May sound cheesy but the whole team deserved it.

Connors, the 12 (O'Brien?) and Ryan were good. Ryan will be a top player one day. The rest of them don't look anything beyond ok players to be honest. That 10 can't manage a backline, tackle very well or kick. I know he wouldn't be first choice normally but still ploddish.

Not to make excuses for him, but McPhillips was well rated as a schoolboy and received favourable Ravens reviews. For him to be so utterly out of place as reports suggest is weird.

Seems to be a mounting pile of questions for Carolan.

Can someone explain why all the u20s players weren't available yesterday for us ?

No way that tackle on the English 10 is legal! Drove his head into the ground! His body was vertical and upside down when it hit the ground. How the hell can they say it's not above horizontal! He is practically vertical!

We need to be careful with him. Through one of those rugby anomalies he is Welsh, has no English parentage or bloodline and cannot qualify to play senior rugby for England apparently. He is also a prodigious talent by all accounts and one of the most promising 10s in World Rugby.

I hope he is ok :eek:

We need to be careful with him. Through one of those rugby anomalies he is Welsh, has no English parentage or bloodline and cannot qualify to play senior rugby for England apparently. He is also a prodigious talent by all accounts and one of the most promising 10s in World Rugby.

I hope he is ok :eek:

There's always residency. Give the lad a Saxons cap to be sure! ;)

Not to make excuses for him, but McPhillips was well rated as a schoolboy and received favourable Ravens reviews. For him to be so utterly out of place as reports suggest is weird.

Seems to be a mounting pile of questions for Carolan.

Carolan has a laissez-faire style of coaching. He lets players do as they wish and thats why they blow so hot and cold. He says its all about thinking for themselves and learning from mistakes. That comes before results. Funny that Joe Schmidt is at the other extreme end of the coaching spectrum.

McPhillips has really poor in 4 matches apart from a few moments of skill. I'm not sure why he is still starting.

Carolan has a laissez-faire style of coaching. He lets players do as they wish and thats why they blow so hot and cold. He says its all about thinking for themselves and learning from mistakes. That comes before results. Funny that Joe Schmidt is at the other extreme end of the coaching spectrum.

McPhillips has really poor in 4 matches apart from a few moments of skill. I'm not sure why he is still starting.

For a laissez fairer coach his team is playing crap turgid unimaginative rugby.

Thats not true. Porter, McBurney, O'Donnell, Claffey, Gallagher, Poland, Kerins and Daly to name a few, have a bright future.

The worst player on the pitch was Stockdale. Every time the ball went near him it resulted in lost possession.

O'Donnell is the definition of overhyped. We've been manhandled at scrum time all tournament. What are we basing the quality of schoolboy THs off when they aren't exposed to a competitive club environment until they're 19?

O'Donnell is the definition of overhyped. We've been manhandled at scrum time all tournament. What are we basing the quality of schoolboy THs off when they aren't exposed to a competitive club environment until they're 19?

You can't blame one prop for that. And O'Donnell played some games for Connacht's first team and did well. He is ahead of Betts, who has been playing AIL rugby.

O'Donnell will do well, he needs to learn to cheat a little bit better but he's been very good for Connacht when needed. Porter doesn't look the best sruager to me and I think it might be the biggest weakness in Ryan's game from what I've seen.

O'Donnell, Stockdale and Ryan are the only three that I'd safely say will make it professional. Conners, Porter, Claffey, Porter and Kerins all have a shot. I was very impressed by the fullback and sub 9 yesterday too.

There's always residency. Give the lad a Saxons cap to be sure! ;)

I thought i read somewhere that he simply is not eligible. I bloody hope not. What i dont understand is how good must the Fly Halfs be that we have got to keep him out of the picture, he is supposed to be a gem. Sadly under Gatland being ultra-skilful is not a guarantee of selection. Sam Davies should be brought on over the next year or so. Former Junior World Player of the Year is now producing at the top level, i think he will overtake Biggar in the next two years if given the chance, he is properly gifted.

Latest posts