• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

U20s Six Nations

will be ugly for ireland this summer given how little rugby many of the players have played.
That probably applies to everyone does it not? I suppose it could vary but I'd imagine most of these kids haven't played much rugby for their clubs/regions and the last under 20s tourney was cancelled so it would appear most will be in the same boat with regards to lack of game time.

The Irish kids were strong last time weren't they? I vaguely remember Wales beating France and I remember beating England but then we got whipped by Ireland, Scotland and Italy. Hoping for a little better this time round but the under 20s always seem like a comp where everyone can beat everyone.

Where's Dan Kelly in that Ireland U20 squad?

Oh wait

george of the jungle laugh GIF

Where's Dan Kelly in that Ireland U20 squad?

Oh wait

george of the jungle laugh GIF
No bad blood here. Always love to see our 20s play for tier 2 countries when it becomes clear they don't have a future in Green! He will join the prestigious ranks of Shane O'Leary, AJ McGinty and Adam McBurney.

No bad blood here. Always love to see our 20s play for tier 2 countries when it becomes clear they don't have a future in Green! He will join the prestigious ranks of Shane O'Leary, AJ McGinty and Adam McBurney.
I'd take AJ out of that. Would like to have him ahead of Billy Burns fersherr.

That probably applies to everyone does it not? I suppose it could vary but I'd imagine most of these kids haven't played much rugby for their clubs/regions and the last under 20s tourney was cancelled so it would appear most will be in the same boat with regards to lack of game time.

The Irish kids were strong last time weren't they? I vaguely remember Wales beating France and I remember beating England but then we got whipped by Ireland, Scotland and Italy. Hoping for a little better this time round but the under 20s always seem like a comp where everyone can beat everyone.

English/French players have played a lot of rugby in comparison to ireland, not sure about wales/scotland/italy.. most of the irish squad aren't even in contracted to a province yet.

Just seen that the BBC are covering it, albeit only via iPlayer
Saturday
14:00 Scotland U20 vs Ireland U20
17:00 England U20 vs France U20
20:00 Italy U20 vs Wales U20

Just seen that the BBC are covering it, albeit only via iPlayer
Saturday
14:00 Scotland U20 vs Ireland U20
17:00 England U20 vs France U20
20:00 Italy U20 vs Wales U20
This is a pretty stupid question but I'm pretty stupid so.... Will these games be saved on iPlayer after they've finished or can you only watch them live?

England Under-20s
15 Orlando Bailey (Bath Rugby)
14 Deago Bailey (Bristol Rugby)
13 Jack Bates (Bristol Rugby)
12 Dan Lancaster (Leeds Tykes)
11 Arthur Relton (Exeter Chiefs)
10 Fin Smith (Worcester Warriors)
9 Jack van Poortvliet (Leicester Tigers)* (c)
1 Lewis Holsey (Worcester Warriors)
2 Archie Vanes (Leicester Tigers)
3 Luke Green (London Irish)*
4 Ewan Richards (Bath Rugby)
5 Alex Groves (Bristol Bears)
6 Freddie Thomas (Gloucester Rugby)
7 Lucas Brooke (London Irish)
8 Jack Clement (Gloucester Rugby)*

Replacements
16 Sam Riley (Harlequins)*
17 Phil Brantingham (Newcastle Falcons)
18 Harvey Beaton (Saracens)*
19 Arthur Clark (Gloucester Rugby)
20 Emeka Ilione (Leicester Tigers)
21 Nahum Merigan (Bath Rugby)
22 Tom Carr-Smith (Bath Rugby)
23 Tommy Mathews (unattached)
24 Phil Cokanasiga (London Irish)
25 Louis Hillman-Cooper (Gloucester Rugby)
26 Tom Litchfield (Northampton Saints)

Brooke straight in then.

I feel sorry for @TRF_Olyy (who is clearly a country over club man) as he's going to miss the Sale match to watch this on iPlayer.

Wales Under-20s: Jacob Beetham (Cardiff); Dan John (Exeter Chiefs), Ioan Evans (Pontypridd), Joe Hawkins (Ospreys), Carrick McDonough (Dragons); Sam Costelow (Scarlets), Harri Williams (Scarlets); Garyn Phillips (Ospreys), Efan Daniel (Cardiff), Nathan Evans (Cardiff), Joe Peard (Dragons), Dafydd Jenkins (Exeter Chiefs), Alex Mann (Cardiff, capt), Harri Deaves (Ospreys), Carwyn Tuipulotu (Scarlets).

Replacements: Oliver Burrows (Exeter Chiefs), Theo Bevacqua (Cardiff), Lewys Jones (Nevers), James Fender (Ospreys), Tristan Davies (Ospreys), Ethan Lloyd (Cardiff Rugby), Will Reed (Dragons), Tom Florence (Ospreys) Morgan Richards (Dragons/Pontypridd), Eddie James (Scarlets), Evan Lloyd (Cardiff)

All the talk about Christ Tshiunza and he doesn't even make the team lol.
There's a few players who have played at senior level and played well in that team. The U20s have been a bit inconsistent past few years so interesting to see how they go.

Wales Under-20s: Jacob Beetham (Cardiff); Dan John (Exeter Chiefs), Ioan Evans (Pontypridd), Joe Hawkins (Ospreys), Carrick McDonough (Dragons); Sam Costelow (Scarlets), Harri Williams (Scarlets); Garyn Phillips (Ospreys), Efan Daniel (Cardiff), Nathan Evans (Cardiff), Joe Peard (Dragons), Dafydd Jenkins (Exeter Chiefs), Alex Mann (Cardiff, capt), Harri Deaves (Ospreys), Carwyn Tuipulotu (Scarlets).

Replacements: Oliver Burrows (Exeter Chiefs), Theo Bevacqua (Cardiff), Lewys Jones (Nevers), James Fender (Ospreys), Tristan Davies (Ospreys), Ethan Lloyd (Cardiff Rugby), Will Reed (Dragons), Tom Florence (Ospreys) Morgan Richards (Dragons/Pontypridd), Eddie James (Scarlets), Evan Lloyd (Cardiff)

All the talk about Christ Tshiunza and he doesn't even make the team lol.
There's a few players who have played at senior level and played well in that team. The U20s have been a bit inconsistent past few years so interesting to see how they go.
Yeah, what's up with that? Must have picked up a ****le or something, surely?

Is Tshuinza definitely with the squad at the moment? Chiefs have the semis this weekend and had a lot of injuries/unavailabilities at lock and back row. Did they retain him?

Is Tshuinza definitely with the squad at the moment? Chiefs have the semis this weekend and had a lot of injuries/unavailabilities at lock and back row. Did they retain him?
He's definitely with the squad as he was named and the WRU tweeted a pic of him in training earlier this week. Also, our coach was bigging him up saying how he's excited to see how he goes over the next 4 weeks. He must be injured.

Latest posts