• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

UAR approach Pro14 over Jaguares joining based out of Bilbao

Ireland, Italy, Spain and Argentina in some way represented? Shoulda picked a different demo mate, just look like an idiot now.

Nah after 30 years the viewing figures will start to drop after Juneau Wolves win the league in 2045, that's when the Pro 99 needs to try and boost those demographics up again

I would have preferred Jaguares to play in Buenos Aires but I can't imagine the Europeans deigning to visit us.
That said, playing in Spain is the best possible solution to save Jaguares.
I confess that Bilbao does not seem to me the most adapted city. I would bet on cosmopolitan cities like Madrid or Barcelona.
That way we would give French, British, Irish, Australian expatriates, etc. to attend high quality rugby matches. You have to bet on that audience too.
I would have the games played in small stadiums of no more than 10,000 people.

It would continue with a quota policy as for PUMAS: no more than a third of the places on the national team for players playing on European teams.

My other question concerns the calendar and its compatibility with the Rugby Championship whose dispute overlaps with the PRO16.
Perhaps it will be the occasion to replace the starting Jaguars who are PUMAS with young Jaguars or the best players of the Spanish team.

I would have preferred Jaguares to play in Buenos Aires but I can't imagine the Europeans deigning to visit us.
That said, playing in Spain is the best possible solution to save Jaguares.
I confess that Bilbao does not seem to me the most adapted city. I would bet on cosmopolitan cities like Madrid or Barcelona.
That way we would give French, British, Irish, Australian expatriates, etc. to attend high quality rugby matches. You have to bet on that audience too.
I would have the games played in small stadiums of no more than 10,000 people.

It would continue with a quota policy as for PUMAS: no more than a third of the places on the national team for players playing on European teams.

My other question concerns the calendar and its compatibility with the Rugby Championship whose dispute overlaps with the PRO16.
Perhaps it will be the occasion to replace the starting Jaguars who are PUMAS with young Jaguars or the best players of the Spanish team.
Okay, more because Europeans went to South Africa, where is the trip much longer? it's closer, buenos aires and a beautiful and very european city, i don't see why not to play here ... always the great european teams and the southern hemisphere went to buenos aires to play against los pumas, i don't understand why don't repeat that ...

Latest posts