TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Anyone checked out the demo for this yet?

Just downloaded it, and played two matches,
Feels a lot more natural than 2009, and the ground/grappling game feels alot smoother as well, which was one of the downpoints of the original (that and the absolutely ridiculous amount of loading in career mode)

Not sure whether to splash out on this, or wait for EA MMA

red dead redemption is next on my to buy list i think.. never tried the ufc games what are they like ?

Yeah, i've got red dead redemption pre-ordered from play.com :p Just thinking about what to get after, won't be for a little while but i just played the demo so thought i'd make the thread

They're good fun, though a little hard to get into, you can't just pick them up and go like with a lot of fighting games, theres various moves to learn and combos, then theres also grappling/wrestling/judo moves to learn, and fighting on the ground and stuff, but yeah, they're alot of fun.

Tekken was/is/always will be shite.

I'll wager that this is much better then EA-MMA. That said, after playing the demo I've got no intention of upgrading from UFC 2009. THQ are using their Smackdown philosophy and just releasing the same game again with an extra lick of paint.

I'd never really looked at any trailers for EA MMA but after seeing this, i'm less than impressed:

Looks poor compared to the UFC games. Hits look like animations rather than physics based, i mean at one point in that the guy got hit in the stomach, but the animation looked like a hook to the head. Hmmmm......
Probably pick up 2010 when there's a price drop/can get it used for 10-15 cheaper

Last edited by a moderator:
The drawing factor for EA MMA will be Randy Corture!

UFC'10 is a massive step up from 09. Cannot wait for it!

As the UFC 2009 TRF champion, I will be picking this up and looking for new challengers!

The improvement to career mode alone make this worth a purchase IMO. The actual gameplay is a mixed bag, but I like it alot more than 09. While still flawed, it does feel alot more like an MMA fight that requires you to be careful standing up.

I can't wait for the game, pre ordered and have had the demo already played a lot. It's hard to learn the new stuff coming from the old game though it seems for me at least.

Got the demo mate and it's bang on also have the demo for ea mma (my mates chinese and he had it about 2 weeks back) and its terrible worse style of gameplay than ufc 2009 it feels like the last ufc game that came out for the dream cast, hope career mode will be different as you say to much loading.

Ok, got my copy and am ready to change my status from the UFC 09 TRF champion to the UFC10 TRF champion. Same as last year, Ill wait a week and if no-one wants to fight then I wil declare myself the interim champion unti someone does like last year, yay.

Last year I had several hundred online fights and was quite good. This year I just dont have the time and Im not very good. My online record is 6-3-0 4 subs (I had no intention of being a sub guy, lol) 1 TKO and one decison. My decison was a very proud unamious decision in which I bravely took on Anderson Silva with my favourite but not so highly rated fighter, Nate Quarry. My losses are 1 submission, one flash KO , and one unanimous decsion.

Latest posts