Uk Pre-orders

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by toup, Dec 30, 2005.

1. toup

toup Guest

Just wondered where anyone in the UK has placed their orders? Usually go for amazon myself but when I saw the difference in price there and at play.com (24.99 compared to 17.99 at play) I changed... have I made a mistake? Always found amazon very reliable for delivery but thought I'd give play a go for that saving. Any thoughts?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. robbinho

robbinho Guest

I ordered from play months ago. they are usually pretty good, cds often arrive on the saturday before the monday release, but with this game your guess is as good as anyone's (except Lora's, obviously.)

4. Coco

Coco Guest

I've gone with Amazon again - I just find them so reliable and they're prices are pretty competitive (though Play's is pretty awesome). The games I order from Amazon normally arrive on the day of release or the day before which is good.

Coco [​IMG]

5. toup

toup Guest

I normally go with amazon for exactly those reasons, but the price difference is quite noticeable. So will play generally have it to you on day of release? I'm not bothered about getting it early but don't want to be waiting longer than I have to...

6. loratadine

loratadine Guest

play are great - most games ive pre ordered arrive at least a day early.

ive pre ordered of play

and i know this games out on the 27th

7. harrison2468

harrison2468 Guest

God I hope your right on this one. Anyway, I may rent or read other people on these boards reviews before buying, but I expect to buy from Play at some time.

8. Coco

Coco Guest

On the net today I've seen release dates of 20th Jan, 27th Jan, 13th Jan, 3rd Feb and 10th Feb - why is there such a wide difference?

Coco

9. We did pre-order with Amazon as they are our favourite and are very reliable indeed.

But because the date changed we cancelled and have waited a while.

10. harrison2468

harrison2468 Guest

The release date is just a guess at the moment made by people, as the offical release date has not been confirmed yet. I don't have a cluw ehn the date will be announced.

11. robbinho

robbinho Guest

We? Adding split personalities to your lists of, um, attributes, eh?

12. Coco

Coco Guest

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good one!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Coco

13. The Kiddie

The Kiddie Guest

I ordered from Play.com, they're excellent. Always deliver on time and are very competitive in terms of prices.

The way I see it £17.99 is a bargain, compared to Game £32.99, and if it turns out to be trash (which from what I've read certainly isn't the case) you can trade it in after a week or so and get £15-20 @ Game. That works out cheaper than renting it for a few nights!!!!

14. Muse_Cubed

Muse_Cubed Guest

Play.com...

But I ordered it back in October when it was still @ £14.99. And that's stuck.

15. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

If you take it to game they'll only give you vouchers. Only gamestation hand out cash for games.

16. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    I meant we as in me and my parent's.

Nice one though....very quick for you... [​IMG]

17. robbinho

robbinho Guest

I meant we as in me and my parent's.

Nice one though....very quick for you... [​IMG] [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, sorry I'm not as quick as you.

I dream of the time it'll take me two days to come up with something that's not funny.

18. toup

toup Guest

Yeah, sorry I'm not as quick as you.

I dream of the time it'll take me two days to come up with something that's not funny. [/b][/quote]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

To be honest I was glad to hear it was parents and not the culmination of the first successful human cloning project...

19. robbinho

robbinho Guest

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

To be honest I was glad to hear it was parents and not the culmination of the first successful human cloning project... [/b][/quote]
    Very true. Simple mathematics tells us that multiplication of zero is always zero.

20. You've become awfully scathing since your promotion! [​IMG]

21. robbinho

robbinho Guest

That's because I can buy and sell your sorry ass, and you know it.

[​IMG]

(Or it could just be my first day back at work and I'm a bit grumpy...)

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!