Ulster chasing Waratahs flyhalf Daniel Halangahu....

Discussion in 'Guinness Pro14' started by snoopy snoopy dog dog, Apr 11, 2009.

1. ......according to this article:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Ulster's biggest problems in my opinion are lack of consistency from 10 and poor goalkicking. Halangahu would certainly increase competition for the flyhalf jersey but is he a conistent enough goalkicker?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. cyRil

cyRil Guest

From what I've seen everyone in the Tahs backline gets a go before he's asked.

4. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

Cant see the IRFU sanctioning it to be honest.

5. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Apr 13 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I'm not so sure. Next year Munster with O'Gara, Leinster with Sexton and Connacht with Keatley will all have Irish 10s as first choice. Ulster could easily make a strong case for bringing in a new outhalf.

Unless Ulster get more consistency from their flyhalf, they won't improve a huge amount more. Bringing in Halangahu could light a fire under Humphreys ass and get him performing better. The alternative is starting Halangahu (who's way better than Niall O'Connor) which would unquestionably bring out the best in some talented outside backs.

I can see Ulster bringing in a new outhalf but it should be somebody who's more consistent with the boot. The success rate from Ulster kickers this year has been appalling.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!