• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ulster - Leicester Tigers (13/01/2012, 20:00)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Heineken Cup.png

Ravenhill (13/01/2012, 20:00)
Ulster.png
Versus H-Cup.png
Leicester.png

Live on Sky Sports/Sport+/Sky Italia​

Ulster Rugby: S Terblanche; A Trimble, D Cave, P Wallace, C Gilroy; I Humphreys, R Pienaar; T Court, R Best, J Afoa, J Muller [capt], D Tuohy, S Ferris, C Henry, P Wannenburg
Replacements: N Brady, C Black, A Macklin, L Stevenson, W Faloon, P Marshall, I Whitten, A D'Arcy

Leicester Tigers:
G Murphy [capt]; H Agulla, M Smith, A Allen, A Tuilagi; B Twelvetrees, B Youngs; M Ayerza, R Hawkins, M Castrogiovanni, S Mafi, G Parling, T Croft, J Salvi, T Waldrom
Replacements: G Chuter, B Stankovich, D Cole, E Slater, B Woods, S Harrison, J Staunton, S Hamilton

Referee: Romain Poite (France)

god should be a good match to watch
been looking forward to this all season :D

AmI right in saying this is going to be the most intense game in the pools? Looking forward to it.

I'm looking forward to this one, think Ulster could spring a surprise tonight.

There seems to be a general consensus that Ulster, due to the Ravenhill factor, expected poor weather, bigger pack etc are going to have enough in the tank but I'm not buying into that. Plus people keep harping on about the thrashing handed out to Leicester in Ravenhill years ago which has absolutely no relevance. Leicester are Leicester for a reason, they ain't coming to Belfast to lie down. I take Leicester to shade a tight enough game.

Well it was the biggest thrashing they've ever received in the H cup I'd back Ulster though Leicester will probably get the losing bonus point. Big game from Ferris.

I'm going with Ulster to win this. If I was to put together a composite side, it would look like this:

G Murphy; A Trimble, D Cave, P Wallace, A Tuilagi; I Humphreys, R Pienaar; M Ayerza, R Best, J Afoa, J Muller [capt], D Tuohy, S Ferris, J Salvi, T Waldrom

That's 10 Ulster players and 5 from Leicester. Factor in the nordies having home advantage and I think they'll squeeze home by around 7 points. What Leicester have in their fvour is sheer bloody-mindedness. They don't know when they're beaten and will put it up to most teams even when they're not as good on paper.

Prediction: Ulster 22 - 16 Leicester

Paddy Wallace in a composite team?

Hmmm... no harm to Paddy, but I wouldn't have him the Ulster team if I'd a full squad to pick from.

Paddy Wallace in a composite team?

Hmmm... no harm to Paddy, but I wouldn't have him the Ulster team if I'd a full squad to pick from.

Who would you replace him with?

Personally I rate what Mincer brings to the team and his experience currently pushes him in front of the other options.

With Ian Humphreys at 10 not exactly the best tackler in the world, I prefer the strength of Spence at 12.

Fair comment, although I prefer Whitten for our crash centre needs - no give in him in the tackle either. But I think Wallace is an underrated tackler, and the experience he brings helps calm Humphreys down. And god knows he needs that.

I am actually quite confident that Ulster will win (probably means they won't :p ) I just think they seem to have hit form now and for me everything points to an Ulster win. Leicester have some important players out, Ravenhill seems to bring the worst out in opposition, Ulster fans are well up for this and although Leicester will not be short of their own support Ulster have the majority of fans.

I think everyone knows that Leicester can win but I just think Ulster will pull it out the bag and win by 6 points

Ulster doing well so far, very good play in the build-up to that try.

Gods that was a stupid, stupid try to concede.

edit: When I talk about Cave's cleverness, that move there to allow the kick through relied heavily on Cave's distribution and timing to create the space. Nothing fancy, basics done right.

Latest posts