Ulster v Bath

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Ulster.png
V
Bath.png
</div>

The 15th edition of the Heineken Cup gets underway at Ravenhill this Friday with this clash of former champions.

Simon Danielli and Chris Henry return to the Ulster squad for the visit of Bath having missed last weekend's win over the Scarlets.

ULSTER SQUAD
Forwards
Tom Court, Bryan Young, Brendon Botha, Declan Fitzpatrick, Andy Kyriacou, Nigel Brady, Ryan Caldwell, Neil McComb, Ed O'Donoghue, Thomas Anderson, Stephen Ferris, Chris Henry, Robbie Diack, Willie Faloon
Backs
Isaac Boss, Paul Marshall, Ian Humphreys, Mark McCrea , Paddy Wallace, Darren Cave, Ian Whitten, Andrew Trimble, Timoci Nagusa, Simon Danielli, Clinton Schifcofske

BATH SQUAD
TBC

Referee: James Jones.

Hope James Jones doesn't ruin game <_<

Ulster have ability to rattle Bath and a good start is massive against a Bath team who can turn up and do anything.
Hope hey turn up though and we get a cracking game,.

we used up all our good karma last season and now our chickens are coming home to roost, we've got the pillock next week in Brive.

Think we very much CAN win this one, but its hard to say if they will. It depends so much on the ref, the weather and whether :)o :eek: :eek:) Olly Barkley is back for the game. If the right Bath turn up and the ref is lenient at the breakdown in the right conditions, they can definately take the game to Ulster. If the wrong Bath turn up and the referee is strict at the breakdown in the wrong conditions, Ulster could potentially tear Bath to shreds. We (Bath) have a fantastic centre partnership going at the moment in Hape and Carraro and Little is kicking beautifully (80 odd % so far this season). Salvi is proving one of the signings of the season (apart from the high penalty count - which is why the ref is so crucial), Grewcock is playing excellently, Flatman is back to his old perfect-scrummaging self and Matt Banahan (if fit) is a game changer.

You know the more I think about this one the less confident I am about a bath win. Ulster have a handy enough team, very competitive backrow, good centre pairing and half backs who if they show up can be very effective. Their second rows and front row leave alot to be desired IMO while the back 3 isn't exactly inspiring. That said, Bath have been far from spectacular this year. I could see it going either way but I reckon European experiance should see Bath through.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Oct 7 2009, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You know the more I think about this one the less confident I am about a bath win. Ulster have a handy enough team, very competitive backrow, good centre pairing and half backs who if they show up can be very effective. Their second rows and front row leave alot to be desired IMO while the back 3 isn't exactly inspiring. That said, Bath have been far from spectacular this year. I could see it going either way but I reckon European experiance should see Bath through.[/b]

Plus lets factor in Ulster can be very difficult in Ravenhill. But like Ali i think it depends on if Bath turn up.

Andy Kyriacou is the only change to the Ulster side which beat the Scarlets last Friday.

There's 4 changes from the Bath side which won at Quins with Davis starting at fly-half ahead of Little while Mears is in for Dixon, Grewcock for Short and Faamatuainu also starts instead of Skirving.

Ulster: C Schifcofske, T Nagusa, D Cave, P Wallace, A Trimble, I Humphreys, I Boss, T Court, A Kyriacou, B Botha, E O'Donoghue, R Caldwell, S Ferris, W Faloon, R Diack.

Replacements: N Brady, B Young, D Fitzpatrick, N McComb, C Henry, P Marshall, I Whitten, S Danielli

Bath: N Abendanon, J Maddock, M Carraro, S Hape, M Banahan, R Davis, M Claassens ©, D Flatman, L Mears, D Bell, S Hooper, D Grewcock, A Beattie, J Salvi, J Faamatuainu.

Replacements: P Dixon, D Barnes, A Jarvis, P Short, B Skirving, S Bemand, N Little, J Cuthbert

In terms of Ravenhill itself, have they completed their new stand there? It does look very promising with the prospect of further redevelopment in the future..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 8 2009, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In terms of Ravenhill itself, have they completed their new stand there? It does look very promising with the prospect of further redevelopment in the future..[/b]

yeah it was opened for the Edinburgh match.

NewStandRainbow.JPG

Depends how iHumph plays, if he's on song Ulster have the pack and the outside backs to do a lot of damage.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 8 2009, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Andy Kyriacou is the only change to the Ulster side which beat the Scarlets last Friday.

There's 4 changes from the Bath side which won at Quins with Davis starting at fly-half ahead of Little while Mears is in for Dixon, Grewcock for Short and Faamatuainu also starts instead of Skirving.

Ulster: C Schifcofske, T Nagusa, D Cave, P Wallace, A Trimble, I Humphreys, I Boss, T Court, A Kyriacou, B Botha, E O'Donoghue, R Caldwell, S Ferris, W Faloon, R Diack.

Replacements: N Brady, B Young, D Fitzpatrick, N McComb, C Henry, P Marshall, I Whitten, S Danielli

Bath: N Abendanon, J Maddock, M Carraro, S Hape, M Banahan, R Davis, M Claassens ©, D Flatman, L Mears, D Bell, S Hooper, D Grewcock, A Beattie, J Salvi, J Faamatuainu.

Replacements: P Dixon, D Barnes, A Jarvis, P Short, B Skirving, S Bemand, N Little, J Cuthbert[/b]

Short and Little both out of the squad now, they can't travel to Belfast as their wives are soon to go into Labour.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Oct 8 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 8 2009, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Replacements: P Dixon, D Barnes, A Jarvis, P Short, B Skirving, S Bemand, N Little, J Cuthbert[/b]

Short and Little both out of the squad now, they can't travel to Belfast as their wives are soon to go into Labour.
[/b][/quote]

I see polyamory is alive and well :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Oct 8 2009, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Oct 8 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 8 2009, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

I see polyamory is alive and well :p
[/b][/quote]

:lol2tn:

Think they'd plan the babies outside H'Cup :lol:

:toss: <- That all he'd to do :cheers:

Trimble and Nagusa are playing well, but it could come down to goalkicking, thankfully Bath don't have Barkley available and left Little on the bench, because Ulster's goalkicking leaves a lot to be desired.

After putting 45 on the board against the Scarlets, Ulster by less than 7.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 9 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Trimble and Nagusa are playing well, but it could come down to goalkicking, thankfully Bath don't have Barkley available and left Little on the bench, because Ulster's goalkicking leaves a lot to be desired.

After putting 45 on the board against the Scarlets, Ulster by less than 7.[/b]

Little has been ruled out but Humphries' goalkicking has improved beyond recognition, that said he'll probably be 2 from 6 this evening!

His goalkicking has cost Ulster games this season, but If Little and Barkley are out hopefully Ulster should win.

Stephen Ferris 23 - Bath 18

:D

Latest posts