TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
Ulster.png
Versus%20Magners.png
Newport.png

Ulster have Irish international players Andrew Trimble, Tom Court and Stephen Ferris available for Friday's Magners League game against the Dragons.

All three were involved in Sunday's win over Argentina at the Aviva Stadium.

Ruan Pienaar returns from international duty with South Africa and Declan Fitzpatrick is back in the squad after recovering from a calf injury.

Forwards Johann Muller and Robbie Diack remain absent and wing sensation Craig Gilroy is omitted from the panel.

Gilroy made a dramatic start to his Ulster career by scoring two tries against Cardiff Blues, and followed that up with another brace of touchdowns in the win over Benetton Treviso.

Given that he is not registered for the forthcoming Heineken Cup games against Bath, Gilroy will not play any part against the Dragons.

Rory Best is missing until the New Year with a fractured cheekbone.

Chris Henry is named in coach Brian McLaughlin's 27-man panel despite suffering a facial injury in the victory over Treviso.

McLaughlin is unlikely to make many changes from the side that defeated Treviso.

Ulster lie fourth in the table on 28 points, with the Dragons eighth on 17 points after their victory over leaders Munster.

"Our line-out and set piece has got to be spot on to win at places," said Dragons coach Paul Turner.

"That is a challenge for us, we need to get our away form more consistent. I don't mind getting beat but it is always nice to get something away

"They have strengthened with some major signings in the summer and quality internationals like [Johan] Muller, [Pedrie] Wannenberg and [Ruan] Pienaar.

"It's always is [hard to get a win in Ulster]. We can win there is no doubt about that. We have to play the right type of game. We have got to defend well and our defence is improving week by week. It's a major challenge.

"We said that two weeks ago in Dublin and our system in defence was very good but we missed up three one-up tackles and we got punished.

"They deserved to beat us, Leinster. We can't be soft away from home we have got to muscle up and defend really well.

"Will Harries returns but Dan Lydiate misses out with a minor injury. I felt he had a really good autumn international series with Wales and was one of the success stories. Matthew Watkins and Nathan Brew not far from fitness."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/ulster/9244030.stm

why isnt gilroy in the squad?? omnot upto scratch for h cup registartion

Gilroy isn't registered for the Heineken Cup. I assume that's why he's not included in the last "warm up" squad for that competition.

I presume he's just developed faster than Ulster initially expected. He is in the academy but academy players can be registered

Latest posts