• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ulster v Edinburgh

A

An Tarbh

Must win game for both sides, moreso Edinburgh as they still have Paris to come at home and are only 4 points behind the French side so if they could match or even better Paris' result against Bath it could set up a cracking final day clash in Edinburgh.

For Ulster qualification is a lot more tricky, firstly they need to get past Edinburgh which they failed to do in the earlier Magners League match at Ravenhill and then win at Bath and rely on Paris falling short in Edinburgh.

I'd fancy Edinburgh to sneak this one, although I doubt they'll get the full 5.

Ulster Team:
Jamie Smith, Andrew Trimble, Darren Cave, Paddy Wallace, Simon Danielli, Ian Humphreys, Isaac Boss

Tom Court, Nigel Brady, BJ Botha, Dan Tuohy, Ed O'Donoghue, Stephen Ferris, David Pollock, Chris Henry (Capt)

Replacements:
Andy Kyriacou, Bryan Young, Declan Fitzpatrick, Ryan Caldwell, TJ Anderson, Cillian Willis, Niall O'Connor, Timoci Nagusa

Edinburgh Team

15. Chris Paterson (capt), 14. Jim Thompson, 13. Ben Cairns, 12. John Houston, 11. Tim Visser, 10. Phil Godman, 9. Greig Laidlaw, 1. Allan Jacobsen, 2. Ross Ford, 3. Davey Young, 4. Scott MacLeod, 5. Jim Hamilton, 6. Scott Newlands, 7. Alan MacDonald, 8. Roddy Grant,

16. Andrew Kelly, 17. Kyle Traynor, 18. Geoff Cross, 19. Craig Hamilton, 20. David Callam, 21. Ross Samson, 22. Nick De Luca, 23. Mark Robertson

Edinburgh look quite weak - is it injury related or are they resting players? Jamie Smith seems to have taken the chance he was given over the Christmas period and earns the 15 shirt ahead of Clinton Schifcofske and Bryn Cunningham. Ulster should win this by 7-10 points.

****, early injury for Ferris, last thing we need with the 6 Nations fast approaching.

Looks like he's ok now. Fairly tough conditions by the sounds of it, does the sun ever shine in Belfast?

Jamie smith is running well at the moment, looks like a nice player.

Paterson opens the scores for Edinburgh, Ulster will be dissappointed that they didn't make their extra man count.

may be crap conditions at Ravenhill but that was some quality rugby from Ulster, nicely tidied up from Boss after Court's brain fart and good line from Cave although you'd have genuine questions over the defence.

5-3 Ulster 29 mins.

15 - 13.

Ulster score a try to take a nine-point lead, Ferris proceeds to get sin-binned and Ulster concede a try. Becoming a good match.

Lads was it just me or did Paddy Wallace really impress tonight?

Like I like Paddy as a player but I don't know it just in recent weeks I'd prefer him to D'Arcy in 6 Nations (If he can stay fit for 80mins :p )

Latest posts