Club or Nation
Leinster
Ulster v Leinster
Ravenhill
27th December 2010
16:00
BBC NI & RTE

Referee: George Clancy (IRFU).
Assistant Referees: P Fitzgibbon, O Hodges (both IRFU).
TMO: Dermot Moloney (IRFU).

Ulster squad:
Declan Fitzpatrick, Paddy McAllister, Bryan Young, BJ Botha, Jerry Cronin, Nigel Brady, Andi Kyriacou, Tim Barker, Neil McComb, Johann Muller, Dan Tuohy, Ryan Caldwell, TJ Anderson, Robbie Diack, Chris Henry, Willie Faloon, Pedrie Wannenburg

David McIlwaine, Adam D'Arcy, Jamie Smith, Simon Danielli, Tommy Seymour, Craig Gilroy, Luke Marshall, Nevin Spence, Ian Whitten, Ian Humphreys, Niall O'Connor, Paul Marshall, Ruan Pienaar

Leinster squad: TBA

What? How did that happen?

Anyway, we can still putout a fairly decent team. Assuming O'Malley won't be back my team would be:

Van Der Merwe
Strauss
Ross
Toner
Hines
Ruddock
Jennings
Ryan

Boss
Berne
Conway
Nacewa
McFadden
Horgan
D Kearney

That'd be enough to put the Ulster lot away, assuming the game goes ahead.

Wow ... there goes me doing a nice thread for this game ...

Cymro, try to understand. There are two kinds of TRF users... jocks and nerds. As a jock, it is my duty to give nerds a hard time!

Don't see why Leinster would be without their Irish internationals...Anyway I'm backing Leinster for the win.

Don't see why Leinster would be without their Irish internationals...Anyway I'm backing Leinster for the win.

Schmidt's preview indicates this will be the case.

One is tempted to question why the IRFU is effectively hamstringing one of the biggest games of the season.

What? How did that happen?

Anyway, we can still putout a fairly decent team. Assuming O'Malley won't be back my team would be:

Van Der Merwe
Strauss
Ross
Toner
Hines
Ruddock
Jennings
Ryan

Boss
Berne
Conway
Nacewa
McFadden
Horgan
D Kearney

That'd be enough to put the Ulster lot away, assuming the game goes ahead.

Looks weak!

Well, looks handy enough if I'm honest, would be interesting to see this. I think Ulster's got enough banked away to do this one, but wouldn't be surprised if we crapped the bed like against Munster.

Likely Ulster team

1. McAllister/Young 2. Brady 3. Botha 4. Tuohy 5. Muller 6. Wannenberg 7. Faloon/Henry 8. Diack 9. Pienaar 10. Humphries 11. Danielli 12. Whitten 13. Spence 14. Gilroy 15. D'Arcy

Personally I'd be tempted by starting both Henry and Faloon... but really not a lot to pick between either side.

Snow, lots and lots of snow. -9 degree temperatures don't help either.

Snow, that's that white stuff on the ground, right? :D

... hehe, minus 9 is considered a nice day where i'm at at the moment, mind you, all of the football codes have finished, and it's Ice Hockey season now, so I don't know if i'd be wanting to play in those temperatures

Hopefully the weather gets better, and the game goes ahead

As far as I'm aware the Ulster Branch are trying to clear the snow. Will be a gathering on boxing day to try and get the pitch playable. Hope it works.

ULSTER: (15-9) Adam D'Arcy; Craig Gilroy, Nevin Spence, Ian Whitten, Simon Danielli; Niall O'Connor, Ruan Pienaar
(1-8) Paddy McAllister, Nigel Brady, BJ Botha, Johann Muller (Captain), Dan Tuohy, Pedrie Wannenburg, Chris Henry, Robbie Diack

Replacements (16-23) Andi Kyriacou, Declan Fitzpatrick, Bryan Young, Tim Barker, Willie Faloon, Paul Marshall, Luke Marshall, Tommy Seymour

i likw whitten i think he is a good 12
but why o'connor!!! why god

Latest posts