<div align='center'>
Ulster.png
Paris.png

Ulster v Paris
Venue: Ravenhill
Date: 11 October 2008
Kickoff - 15:30, Live Sky Interactive/FR2
</div>

Well it's a clash of the polar opposites at Ravenhill as the bottom side of the Magners League take on the top side in th Top 14. So the time is ripe for Paris to break their duck at Ravenhill following their four previous defeats at the Belfast venue.

Is it all doom and gloom for Matt Williams' side as they head into this game on the back of a victory over Edinburgh but given their inability to take their chances and a serious discipline problems it's hard to see anything other than a Paris victory who come in on the back of seven wins in the Top 14.

It's been said that the ELVs have suited Paris, particularly with some interpretations from French referees so will they have their way this weekend? All signs still point to yes.

Bearing in mind what Bristol did to Paris the other year, I will tip an away win but I think Ulster will make them fight all the way for it!

Well Paris is much more stronger than last year at the same time, I doubt that 'the Bristol incident' can happen again.

But we never beat Ulster at Ravenhill and they got something that we don't have : an H-Cup Trophy. -_-
So let's be modest, a tight win without bonus would be a good result.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ Oct 9 2008, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well Paris is much more stronger than last year at the same time, I doubt that 'the Bristol incident' can happen again.

But we never beat Ulster at Ravenhill and they got something that we don't have : an H-Cup Trophy. -_-
So let's be modest, a tight win without bonus would be a good result.[/b]

Yeah but this isn't the team of 99, far from it indeed. If Paris travel with this mindset then Ulster have a chance but in reality they should be looking for more than just a win.

Team news for this one sees Ulster make 3 changes from their win against Edinburgh last time out with Wallace, Boss and Dawson coming into the side, I'd still prefer to see Trimble in the centre as he's not a winger but that Williams' call.

Meanwhile Paris coach Ewen McKenzie has made 5 changes to the side which comfortably beat Montauban at the Jean Bouin. Attoub and Taylor come into the pack with Oelschig parterning Hernandez at half back who makes the switch from full back with Beauxis while Arias and Bousses complete the lineup.

Ulster: B Cunningham; C Schifcofske, D Cave, P Wallace, A Trimble; N O'Connor, I Boss; T Court, R Best ©, BJ Botha, E O'Donoghue, R Caldwell, S Ferris, K Dawson, R Diack.
Replacements: N Brady, J Fitzpatrick, C Del Fava, M McCullough, C Willis, I Humphreys, P Steinmetz

Paris: L Beauxis; J Arias, G Bousses, B Liebenberg, J Saubade; J Hernandez, N Oelschig; R Roncero, D Szarzewski, D. Attoub, A Marchois, S Taylor, Ma Bergamasco, P Rabadan, S Parisse ©

Replacements: M Blin, S Marconnet, P Vigouroux, J Leguizamon, T Bouhraoua, M Bastareaud, D Camara

Is Corleto injured? Sorry I was in Germany for the first month of the season so missed everything, has Beauxis been regularly starting at full back?

Not sure about Corleto but Hernandez and Beauxis have been switching back and forth between them.

Paris' defence is awesome. Ulster not helping matters either by lacking any composure in their finishing.

Again awesome defence from Paris but sweet Thiarna would Boss stop going walkabout at ruck time.

Try for Szarzewski but Bastareaud should have been pinged for holding on in the buildup.

Deserved try for their efforts but too little too late, despite the worries of the French commentator.

Boring but solid performance. The Magic Box (El Mago Hernandez and La Box aka Lionel Beauxis) did well in the kicking game, like always. Bastareaud cannot pass but he's still very impressive....

The bonus point was at our range, but we didn't even try.

Latest posts