• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ulster Vs Dragons

D

DuncTheDoodle

Ulster: J Smith, A Trimble, D Cave, P Wallace, S Danielli, I Humphreys, I Boss; B Young, R Best, BJ Botha, D Tuohy, E O'Donoghue, T Anderson, D Pollock, C Henry (cpt).
Replacements: N Brady, D Fitzpatrick, R Caldwell, R Diack, I Porter, I Whitten, T Nagusa.

Dragons: Martyn Thomas; Will Harries, Tom Riley, Rhodri Gomer Davies, Aled Brew; Jason Tovey, Wayne Evans; Hugh Gustafson, Steve Jones, Pat Palmer, Rob Sidoli, Luke Charteris, Danny Lydiate, Gavin Thomas, Grant Webb.
Replacements: Tom Willis, Ben Castle, Adam Jones, James Harris, Matthew Watkins, James Arlidge, James Leadbeater

Referee: Peter Allan (SRU)

Strong Ulster team. Jamie Smith seems to be getting a chance to cement his position as first choice fullback and the rest of the backline is at full strength. Apart from the absent Tom Court and Stephen Ferris, the pack is also at full strength. First appearance of the season for Rory Best. I think it's also Robbie Diack's first appearance of the season, albeit off the bench. Ian Porter has muscled his way past Cillian Willis and Paul Marshall to back up Isaac Boss.

That looks like a full strength Dragon's outfit (just missing Ashley Smith in the centre), so it'll be interesting to see who wins this. Nice to see Tovey getting some gametime at 10, potentially his best position.

I'd have Fussell in for Harries (Although Harries looks in form right now.) and Smith for Riley. I'm not a great fan of Pat Palmer, (Decent enough scrummager, horrible in the loose.) but they don't have any other options. With Bearman out, I suppose Grant Webb has to start.

Cracking game of rugby so far. 22-19 to the home side with half an hour remaining.

Ulster's backline looks is playing some sexy rugby. Jamie Smith is having a blinder.

Very good game this! 22-22 at the moment. Ulster are throwing everything at the Dragons, but the Dragons defense hase been impressive in the last 15mins. I feel the Dragons just need to string a few fazes together and they could sneak this, but they're wasting any field posetion they're getting.

Wallace has been good for Ulster, Charteris has been awesome for the Dragons.

I loved Tovey feigning a drop goal attempt, pulling the ball back in and slicing the Ulster defence apart earlier in the 2nd half. Great skill.

So it ends a draw, the Dragons will be happy with that away at Ravenhill! Charteris motm. Pitty the Dragons couldn't get any posetion in the final quarter, but the draw will be good.

Good game and a good result for the Dragons. Tovey and Charteris where fantastic. That's got to be a Davies-Charteris combo, unless Gough can also be MOTM on Sunday.

Latest posts