• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ulster Vs Scarlets

Don't reckon that was in...really need it to be to be back in the game though

EDIT: No try =(

Christ, two opportunities spurned in two minutes. No comeback this week then.

F***s sake...
Another try for Ulster, good intercept from the 11
Jones should have just taken the tackle =/

was a good break to start it all, thought Wallace could have done better with the final tackle though.

this should give them huge confidence going to the Rec next week, slightly different prospect in fairness.

Jon Davies with another try, only a 21point difference with 50seconds on the clock...

FT:
Ulster 45 - 24 Scarlets

Ulster played immensely, very strong defence, and some great breaks/intercepts as well

Ugh. Ulster deserved winners. Too many stupid one-off errors for my liking. Still, we are at least guaranteed to score whenever we apply a decent amount of pressure...

See this is what disappoints me about Ulster. They'll do this now but come next week they'll ship 40 points and Humphries will miss every kick and every tackle

I'd loce them to prove me wrong because there's alot of good players there and I especially want them to do well because it would pain me to see Stephen Ferris join Roger Wilson, Neil Best and Tommy Bowe abroad because you just can't reley on Ulster to win consistantly.

I was more worried about Humphries this evening than next week, he generally delivers in the big games but it's the smaller games where he tends to go missing.

Impressed with Ulsters defence last night, it's what won them the game in the Liberty against the Ospreys a few weeks back, and it won them the game last night too. Everything went right for Ulster last night though, every loose ball bounced into an Ulster hand etc. I'm not sure about the Scarlets deensive policy, Ulster were easily getting the ball outside of the centres and could make big ground over the advantage line before a Scarlets player had even touched them. I think in this day and age a blitz style defence is a must, it's too easy to get over the advantage line otherwise.

Maybe the Scarlets panicked a bit early, they probably gifted Ulster the last 20 points through pushing too hard for a try. Good pressure from Ulter though. Disapointed with the Scarlets.

Ulster was impressive overall. Cave, Trimble and Nagusa stood out to me. Definitely a match full of penalties. Would like to see Ulster clean that up before taking on Bath. I agree that Ulster put up a strong defense, but also I think it's necessary to mention that they are becoming quite the attacking force as well. The forwards look strong, and I think we're set up to put up a much better fight in the H-Cup this season.
http://www.ulsterrugby.com/rugby/10743.php
I don't know if you've seen Ulster's scoreboard set up they have, but it's pretty cool.

Latest posts