• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

United Rugby Championship 2021/22

I would really like it if Bosch would just move to the Stormers he is currently ruining the Sharks. I prefer Chamberlain #10 even now with Cronje in the #10 the Sharks is already looking much better. I don't think Louw will start think that new Aussie dude will be picked at #12 Ben Tapuai.

1Nche, 2Mbonambi, 3Du Toit, 4Gerbrand Grobler, 5Andrews, 6Kolisi, 7Bhutelezi, 8Notshe, 9Hendrikse, 10Chamberlain, 11Mapimpi, 12Ben Tapuai, 13Am, 14Nkosi, 15Fassi
16Adriaanse, 17Van Vuuren, 18?, 19Roets, 20Venter/Richardson, 21Nohamba, 22Bonilla, 23Potgieter/Eduan Keyter

The ***le of this thread seems open enough for me to poast what I believe a Stormers 23 could look like. Would appreciate other fans to post something similar if only to get an idea of what teams might take the field. As a Stormers supporter I can't say I am overly optimistic of our chances particularly as I feel we have too young a squad or rather too much movement and little settled combinations on top of not a whole lot of depth. Despite tmy misgivings, what I'd like to see:

1 Leon Lyons
2 Scarra Ntubeni
3 Frans Malherbe
4 Marvin Orie
5 JD Shickerling
6 Deon Fourie
7 PS Du Toit
8 Evan Roos
9 Herschell Jantjies
10 Kade Wolhuter
11 Edwill van der Merwe
12 Damian Willemse
13 Dan du Plessis
14 Seabelo Senatla
15 Warrick Gelant

16 AH Venter
17 JJ Kotze
18 Neethling Fouche
19 Dawid Meihuizen
20 Ernst Van Rhyn
21 Godlin Masimla
22 Tim Swiel
23 Rikus Pretorius

Not too shabby but a very green pack and untested combinations if you consider not too long ago our pack could've read Kitshoff, Mbonambi, Malherbe/Koch/Louw, Etzebeth, PS Du Toit, Kolisi, Elstadt, Vermeulen.
Kade Wolhuter is a gem, huge talent

I would really like it if Bosch would just move to the Stormers he is currently ruining the Sharks. I prefer Chamberlain #10 even now with Cronje in the #10 the Sharks is already looking much better. I don't think Louw will start think that new Aussie dude will be picked at #12 Ben Tapuai.

1Nche, 2Mbonambi, 3Du Toit, 4Gerbrand Grobler, 5Andrews, 6Kolisi, 7Bhutelezi, 8Notshe, 9Hendrikse, 10Chamberlain, 11Mapimpi, 12Ben Tapuai, 13Am, 14Nkosi, 15Fassi
16Adriaanse, 17Van Vuuren, 18?, 19Roets, 20Venter/Richardson, 21Nohamba, 22Bonilla, 23Potgieter/Eduan Keyter
Kade Wolhuter is a gem, huge talent
Yikes, you've already got Kolisi and Mbonambi off of us, no need to foist Bosch onto us LOL!

Thankfully, I think 10 is one spot where we have depth. I like Wolhuter long term. Swiel is fine for depth and I still think Willemse would be / could be a very good 10 if he actually played to the position. As is its as if he feels the need to prove himself every opportunity he gets and tries to run everything himself with his lateral step. He actually does have the goods to play well at 10. He just needs time, confidence and the maturity. I think the best thing for him would actually be to go play at 10 for a Euro side for 3 years.

Yikes, you've already got Kolisi and Mbonambi off of us, no need to foist Bosch onto us LOL!

Thankfully, I think 10 is one spot where we have depth. I like Wolhuter long term. Swiel is fine for depth and I still think Willemse would be / could be a very good 10 if he actually played to the position. As is its as if he feels the need to prove himself every opportunity he gets and tries to run everything himself with his lateral step. He actually does have the goods to play well at 10. He just needs time, confidence and the maturity. I think the best thing for him would actually be to go play at 10 for a Euro side for 3 years.
Currently I won't even mind if they pay the Stormers to take Bosch XD. he have been linked with them for so long but just won't go !!

I think Willemse will become like Lambie, Pienaar and F. Steyn being used everywhere never settling in a position to reach his full potential. I prefer him #12 seems good there. Going to be interesting to see how the SA teams adapt to Europe, first few weeks might be carnage. They have fans at matches already right ?

Currently I won't even mind if they pay the Stormers to take Bosch XD. he have been linked with them for so long but just won't go !!

I think Willemse will become like Lambie, Pienaar and F. Steyn being used everywhere never settling in a position to reach his full potential. I prefer him #12 seems good there. Going to be interesting to see how the SA teams adapt to Europe, first few weeks might be carnage. They have fans at matches already right ?
I actually don't know about fans over there. I think the Premiership has but don't know if that automatically means the likes of Ireland and Italy also do.

Agreed RE Willemse. Would like to add Johan Goosen to that list. If it weren't for Wolhuter I'd prefer Willemse to settle at 10 but as is (and I have indicated such in my preferred Stormers 15) I agree with him at 12. Almost if only for that is where he would be the safest / least impactful if he has an off day. Kade is our 10 going forward (long term) IMO and Gelant is class at 15 and the most like for like player in SA for Le Roux (though I have a lot of time for Fassi but agree with him getting into the Bok fold from the wings every other game).

For SA Willemse is a handy bench player if we go the 6/2 split but wouldn't be starting in any spot at any given time.

Ruan Pienaar will be playing for the Sharks on a loan agreement.

With Hendrikse out that is a good move not least for the possible/probable(?) insight he might have on the Euro sides. Lets be honest, most of them have a decent edge on our sides in that regard as they are packing a few of our boys.

I watched PRO14/Rainbow Cup rugby on ESPN+ for the past 4 1/2 years and it was great. I could watch the matches live or on demand. Now that they've become the United Rugby Championship they no longer have a contract with ESPN+ and that sucks. The URC has their own streaming service which costs Much, Much, Much more than ESPN+. :(

Last edited:

Latest posts