• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

United Rugby Championship: Round 1

The BBC are reporting Brad Roberts as an academy graduate. His actual story's far more interesting than that. Best ginger mullet and 'tache in world rugby, and he makes a fantastic nuisance of himself on the pitch when he gets on. Good to see him getting a start.

Until Vermeulen arrives, Jones, Reidy and Timoney is probably our strongest back row.

Interesting that McIlroy's starting at full-back, and Lowry's on the bench covering out-half. I think we'll see Lowry playing 10 more and more, especially since Bill Johnston was allowed to leave.

Incredible reporting to think a 25 year old South African is an academy graduate. Mad that he was just playing for Rainey.

Munster: Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Dan Goggin, Rory Scannell, Simon Zebo; Joey Carbery, Craig Casey; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Fineen Wycherley; Peter O'Mahony (C), Jack O'Donoghue, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Jeremy Loughman, Keynan Knox, RG Snyman, Thomas Ahern, Rowan Osborne, Ben Healy, Chris Cloete.

Let's ******* gooooo

1632483111663.png

1632483138810.png

Fairly loaded teams. Really interesting switches for Porter and Healy as rumoured.

Lions going well so far. 35 0 at 35 minutes. Thought this was going to be a cripple fight; worst of SA vs worst of pro 14. That said the Lions can punish a team if they are allowed to swing the ball around.

Premier Sports need a better camera. The picture is really dark.

Not sure if Lions are good or Zabre are poor.

It actually became a good game between Lions and Zebre

Just back from Ravenhill. First competitive match I've seen in person since the panedemic started. Very tight, very tense, some good play from both sides. Breathed a sigh of relief at the final whistle as Glasgow were only six points down and had been camped in our 22 for the last ten minutes, and we only just kept them out.

Somewhat baffled by the penalty try and yellow card for what looked like a brilliant try-saving tackle by James Shume. In real time I was worried he might have hit him dangerously, but I watched the replays on the stadium screen and I don't think he did. Ref and TMO obviously disagreed. Would have been ****** off if that call had cost us the match, bit fortunately it didn't.

Cooney off after 30 minutes, but Doak aquitted himself excellently as his replacement, kept the ball moving well, got a try from a great support line after Addison made a break, and kicked some very good conversions. I don't think I need any more convincing.

Any referees among us able to shed any light on James Hume's yellow and penalty try?

I get that you cant tackle a player on the ground but was he supposed to stand there and watch the try being scored? Not sure what else he could have done and there was nothing reckless about it.

Benneton Stormers a penaltyfest so far. Slightly flukey try from Stormers has them ahead, but Benneton haven't really left the Stormers half since.
Edit: ok pretty sick Benneton try

Any referees among us able to shed any light on James Hume's yellow and penalty try?

I get that you cant tackle a player on the ground but was he supposed to stand there and watch the try being scored? Not sure what else he could have done and there was nothing reckless about it.

Does seem a bit mad to me especially with the pace it happened at. Basically seems like he was ****** no matter what.

Agreed.

In hindsight, he probably would have been better letting him score which seems mad …

No yellow and only 5 points if the kicker doesn't convert.

Good win for Benneton. Squandered a lot of good possession through that game but got the result they probably deserves

Ulster vs Glasgow was a good one. Too bad the Warriors lost. :oops:

Last edited:

Latest posts