• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

United Rugby Championship: Round 4

Pretorius possibly has a higher ceiling one would assume just from an age POV but for me Pretorius = Nel = Du Plessis so we have depth there at 12/13 but none of these would be in or around a discussion of world class centers. I'd be happy enough if that were our stocks. Our weakness in the backline (and now forwards) is depth in quality and wingers. With Edwill vd Merwe moving on I don't rate any of our wingers. 9 Jantjies, 10 Wolhuter, 12 Willemse, 13 Pretorius or whatever, 15 Gelant has me happy enough but depth and wingers aren't there.

When will Wolhuter be back? I consider him to be the long term successor to Pollard

When will Wolhuter be back? I consider him to be the long term successor to Pollard
I wish I knew. I don't know anyone close to the players anymore and havn't seen any public updates. I also have high hopes for the lad. We tend to not handle our 10s very well in SA but hopefully he'll be one of the exceptions.

Your guess is as good as mine tbh. As said already JGP was doing media which is usually a sign. I'd say Doris is unlikely, as he is just back from injury and to be assessed later in the week. Conan was also pictured training today.
The virgin BG8 says Doris won't play.

Luke McGrath will probably bench, Gibson Park was on media duty this week and due a start. Hard to tell with the other three but could see all three starting. I'm expecting a full enough side m̶i̶n̶u̶s̶with the Lions and maybe with Sexton o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶off the bench, starting, where he belongs.

The Chad LFA accurately predicts the team with total conviction.

Munster: Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Keith Earls, Rory Scannell, Simon Zebo; Joey Carbery, Craig Casey; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O'Mahony (C), Chris Cloete, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Jeremy Loughman, Stephen Archer, Fineen Wycherley, Jack O'Donoghue, Neil Cronin, Jake Flannery, Dan Goggin.

Yeah not a fan of Earls at 13 especially against the crashiest smashiest centre combo around in Aki and Arnold. Wish we'd left Coombes at 13 and let Healy continue.

Scarlets get thrashed at home to a 2nd string Munster side so they should be fine away to a strong Leinster one...............................

Scarlets: Ioan Nicholas; Johnny McNicholl, Jonathan Davies (capt), Johnny Williams, Ryan Conbeer; Sam Costelow, Gareth Davies; Wyn Jones, Ken Owens, WillGriff John, Lloyd Ashley, Sam Lousi, Aaron Shingler, Tomas Lezana, Blade Thomson

Replacements: Ryan Elias, Rob Evans, Samson Lee, Morgan Jones, Shaun Evans, Kieran Hardy, Dan Jones, Tom Rogers

On paper the team is fine, although it looked decent enough last week and still got pumped.

Yeah but we all know the fans who don't know anything invariably support the Sharks. Its like wearing a "fashion watch" or drinking Savanna.
lol, You should have said it's like wearing a watch because you don't need one you have a Smartphone. Its like drinking Corona Beer in these times

This is the guy who almost gave up the Springboks for a club career in France.

Bulls

15 David Kriel, 14 Madosh Tambwe, 13 Cornal Hendricks, 12 Harold Vorster, 11 Kurt-Lee Arendse, 10 Chris Smith, 9 Embrose Papier, 8 Muller Uys, 7 Arno Botha, 6 Marcell Coetzee (captain), 5 Ruan Nortje, 4 Janko Swanepoel, 3 Mornay Smith, 2 Bismarck du Plessis, 1 Lizo Gqoboka

Substitutes: 16 Schalk Erasmus, 17 Simphiwe Matanzima, 18 Robert Hunt, 19 Walt Steenkamp, 20 Elrigh Louw, 21 Marco Jansen van Vuren, 21 Morne Steyn, 23 Lionel Mapoe

This is a good Bulls team....the loosies gonna rip Edinburgh a new one......I hope, lol

lol, You should have said it's like wearing a watch because you don't need one you have a Smartphone. Its like drinking Corona Beer in these times

This is the guy who almost gave up the Springboks for a club career in France.
Well, he's back isn't he. Can't be said for a lot of our other prospects or top players.
Do South African's actually drink Savanna?
Or is like Foster's and Australia?
They probably do in Durban. I expect because of the humidity.

Bulls

15 David Kriel, 14 Madosh Tambwe, 13 Cornal Hendricks, 12 Harold Vorster, 11 Kurt-Lee Arendse, 10 Chris Smith, 9 Embrose Papier, 8 Muller Uys, 7 Arno Botha, 6 Marcell Coetzee (captain), 5 Ruan Nortje, 4 Janko Swanepoel, 3 Mornay Smith, 2 Bismarck du Plessis, 1 Lizo Gqoboka

Substitutes: 16 Schalk Erasmus, 17 Simphiwe Matanzima, 18 Robert Hunt, 19 Walt Steenkamp, 20 Elrigh Louw, 21 Marco Jansen van Vuren, 21 Morne Steyn, 23 Lionel Mapoe

This is a good Bulls team....the loosies gonna rip Edinburgh a new one......I hope, lol
Probably the best Bulls line-up we've seen so far apart from Goosen out injured. Grobbelaar still to come in as well. I don't know how typical their showing vs the Stormers was but if it can be used to deduce anything they will struggle with the Bulls pack. We just let in 2 soft tries in the opening stanza otherwise they didn't look like going anywhere. We were also the side that didn't convert opportunities and we still managed a draw. Unless I know even less than I think I do I wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls got their 2nd W of the season.

It's a girly drink....they drink it in Durban
Durbanites always make me think of that show way back when. Called "Tropical Heat". Colorful short sleeved shirts but too lazy to button them up, long curly blonde hair, golden chains. Drinks you get would usually associate with cocktail bars. The works!

Watching the Ulster match a bit behind. Addison is one of the most unfortunate players around. Mark Robson genuinely distraught as well.

Bit of luck with the ref for us in the 2nd half that I think Dragons fans would be aggrieved about. More an accumulation of little things rather than a one off howler. I'll take it but we really need to get the accuracy up if we want to take it out of the referees hands like top teams do.

Latest posts