• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

United Rugby Championship: Round 5

TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Bit of a dud round :p but lets get a thread up..

Friday, October 22
Scarlets v Benetton | 19:35 UK / 20:35 ITA & SA | BBC Wales, Premier Sports

Saturday, October 23
Zebre v Edinburgh | 13:00 UK / 14:00 ITA & SA | Italian TV, Premier Sports
Glasgow Warriors v Leinster | 15:00 UK / 16:00 ITA & SA | Premier Sports, TG4
Connacht v Ulster | 17:15 UK / 18:15 ITA & SA | TG4, Premier Sports
Cardiff v Dragons | 17:15 UK / 18:15 ITA & SA | Premier Sports
Ospreys v Munster | 19:35 UK / 20:35 ITA & SA | S4C, RTÉ, Premier Sports

I'm not impressed with the South African teams so far. All four of them are in the bottom half of the URC, from 9th on down. I know it's only been four rounds, but I expected better.

I'm not impressed with the South African teams so far. All four of them are in the bottom half of the URC, from 9th on down. I know it's only been four rounds, but I expected better.
I hear what you are saying and I am putting the Lions aside- they are a bottom 3 team and if this was a fair world wouldn't be in this comp ahead of the Pumas, Griquas or Cheetahs.

But realistically the log shoudl read:
Ulster 20
Leinster 19
Munster 16
Glasgow 15
Ospreys 13
Bulls 11
Benetton 10
Stormers 9
Edinburgh 9
Connacht 9
Dragons 7
Cardiff 6
Lions 6
Scarlets 6
Sharks 5
Zebre 1

In my little parallel world, Connacht beat Munster, Stormers beat Edinburgh and the Bulls beat both Cardiff and Edinburgh. Of course that is not the case but I feel it gives a clearer picture of what is actually the relative level these teams are at. Sharks just need some focus or better decision making. They are playing with a full on B side though. That might go some way to explain it. But the SA sides are on a bye thsi week so the log will only further skew things. I expect we shouldn't be expecting finals appearances but I really do expcect it''l even out towards the end of the comp that our top 3 teams will be bottom of the top 8.

Last edited:
Sharks will make the QF this year. you heard it here first :)

157792-sports-rugby-clubs-logo-scotland-glasgow-warriors.gif

Man, these URC teams really make picking a fantasy starting XV difficult by naming their teams 1 minute before kick off!

Ulster's team for the match against Connacht has been announced:

1 Eric O'Sullivan, 2 Rob Herring, 3 Tom O'Toole, 4 Alan O'Connor, 5 Iain Henderson (Capt.), 6 Matty Rea, 7 Nick Timoney, 8 David McCann.
9 Nathan Doak, 10 Billy Burns, 11 Craig Gilroy, 12 Stuart McCloskey, 13 James Hume, 14 Robert Baloucoune, 15 Ethan McIlroy

16 Brad Roberts, 17 Andrew Warwick, 18 Ross Kane, 19 Kieran Treadwell, 20 Greg Jones, 21 David Shanahan, 22 Mike Lowry, 23 Ben Moxham

In the pack, Eric O'Sullivan comes in for Andrew Warwick at loosehead. Iain Henderson replaces Sam Carter in the second row and as captain. In the backs, in the enforced abssence of Will Addison, Ethan McIlroy moves to fullback, Craig Gilroy moves to left wing, Rob Baloucoune comes in on the right wing, and Stuart McCloskey returns at inside centre in place of Stewart Moore. On the bench, Greg Jones replaces Sean Reidy as replacement back row.

All seven players called up for Ireland start: O'Toole, Herring, Henderson, Timoney, McCloskey, Hume and Baloucoune.

Bit of a dud round :pbut lets get a thread up..

Friday, October 22
Scarlets v Benetton | 19:35 UK / 20:35 ITA & SA | BBC Wales, Premier Sports

Saturday, October 23
Zebre v Edinburgh | 13:00 UK / 14:00 ITA & SA | Italian TV, Premier Sports
Glasgow Warriors v Leinster | 15:00 UK / 16:00 ITA & SA | Premier Sports, TG4
Connacht v Ulster | 17:15 UK / 18:15 ITA & SA | TG4, Premier Sports
Cardiff v Dragons | 17:15 UK / 18:15 ITA & SA | Premier Sports
Ospreys v Munster | 19:35 UK / 20:35 ITA & SA | S4C, RTÉ, Premier Sports
What's there to talk about. Grab a beer, go to a friend's house and watch the games! It's a great way to have a good time! And let's hope every fan gets to win their team :)

I'm off to the Cardiff v Dragons game. At least if the rugby is poor it's close enough to all the pubs to drown my sorrows after. :p

It's early on in the season but Scarlets need a win, they are meant to be the 'best' Welsh region but have been pretty poor so far.

This does not deserve to be looked at for this long. Great job by the crowd I suppose.

Ref got swung by the boos, ridiculous.

Edit: then definitely a penalty against Conan but he lets him go. Boos start and he decides to card him...

Always proud of myself for the time I went to Celtic Park for Glasgow v Leinster and was the drunkest, most obnoxious and arrogant away fan ever when I watch a game at Scotstoun. Too good for them.

**** off ref you gimp. Neymar would be proud of that diving.

Glasgow celebrating like they've scored a last minute winner when they lost at home without a BP is legitimately hilarious.

Finished watching the match today. Don't think we've had a carrier like Kelleher since peak SOB. He just bounces players for fun

Latest posts