• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

United Rugby Championship: Round 5

Watching Connacht v Ulster in the pub because my cable TV and Internet both went down just before the match started. Missed the first 20 minutes.

Pretty painful. Some dodgy interpro refereeing that we've fallen foul of. O'Connor deserved his yellow card, he was very late, but surely there should have been some sanction for the tip tackle on Henderson that preceded it, and Heffernan totally got away with a hit on Doak before the ball was out. There was also a Connacht lineout throw that Nigel Owen is straighter than at the end of the half. But Ulster need to take better care of the ball when they have it, and defend better when they lose it.

A good weekend for the Welsh teams - understrength Scarlets and Ospreys teams beat Benetton and Munster (!) teams closer to full-strength than them, while Cardiff v Dragons was very close and well-fought.

I'm almost sad that Munster, Benetton and Ulster went down. Not that I have anything against the Welsh teams but their winning in my mind only serves to clog up the middle of the log where I am hoping the Stormers might otherwise sneak into a QF.

Really grim stuff from Ulster on Saturday. Absolutely overpowered in the pack and the rest flowed from there. The backs weren't great but only so much you can do when the pack is constantly on the back foot. Concerning how much we got bullied.

Latest posts