• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

unsung heros of world league

Originally posted by BOKean@Mar 26 2005, 03:23 PM
brian habana - from the blue bulls - cost 26 i think

93 speed good acc and agil, big, and fast good buy for a centre/wing.
I got him, I find him to be a good buy (very useful in combination with Jason Robinson and Joe Rocokoko), but how do you pronounce his last name? The commentators seem to be saying it "hay-den" or something similar to that.

Originally posted by ALLBLACKS+Mar 28 2005, 12:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ALLBLACKS @ Mar 28 2005, 12:57 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-BOKean
@Mar 27 2005, 11:23 AM
brian habana - from the blue bulls - cost 26 i think

93 speed good acc and agil, big, and fast good buy for a centre/wing.
habana 93 i have rubgy 2005 for ps2 and habanas speed is 87 [/b]
i got PC and his speed is 91 - not 93 sorry. but definetely not 87!

R.Randle speed...93 or 94
<

Randell and that Japanese quickey are good for wings.

Also, Saunders is a good buy, 87 speed I think and is billiant with the fend, even though he is a wing, use him as a cheap centre.

Originally posted by woodie@Mar 29 2005, 09:35 PM
Jonny Wilkinson is worth every penny
the point is to have a effective, yet cheap team, which rules out wilkinson. do we think that its possible to make a decent team using under 30-35 tp? since we can use weepu or that wellington prop as kickers, we dont need to invest so much in kicking fh. what do you think?

Fairbrother, has a stat of 80 4 goal-kicking an costs somethin like 21 points. Is this actually realistic? Is he really a better goal-kicker tham Chris Paterson in real life?

Omar Hasan (Argentina) is a good prop. 97 for scrummaging and has the scrummaging special ability. I can turn scrums 90 degrees with him no problem.

eddie andrews - prop - stormers. he is in the 30's but he is awsome at everything. hes black, big , fast - 70spd i think, about70 agil + 70, acc. good alround prop!!!!

muller from the sharks. 77 speed, 79 acc, 75 agil, strong, 89 line out, 80ish rucking

great second rower - increased my lineout wins dramatically - fast, can pass better than hefler and is really cheap - costs 26 i think - 5 maintanence

I bought caucaunibuca, and moved him to outside centre, just to exlpoit the huge gap.

Use the classic move, and then do the cut out pass to him. Easy tries.

Originally posted by ALLBLACKS@Mar 27 2005, 08:06 AM
in rugby 2004 i hated them all all the original players i mean in wl.My unsung hero was sheppard the prop he wasnt a good prop but he solved my problem for soft tacklig around the rucks so i put him at openside flanker he was quick too.

in rugby 2005 it has o be heffler or nawalli for me.

i just got rugby 2005 today im doing alot of things at once like Wl,Ten Nations.

My squad so far after 1 season in world League is

15.B.Atiga
14.D.Howlett
13.R.Gear
12.R.Tipoki
11.Nawalli
10.O.Ai'i
9.Davies
8.Donnison
7.R.McCaw
6.G.Smith
5.Whiteman
4.Garcia
3.Ajroud
2.Bouaziz
1.B.Young

So my maintnence now is like 90 and ive only got 21 trading points left but its just the beginning of the second season so.
What team is Tipoki on?

Thanks

if ur lookin for a good prop nic henderson from the brumbies is prety good and hes only like 25 points or sumthin n hes stats r like 1 of best aussie props

My front Row is Byrne (33 to buy, 9 mnt), Leotta (28 to buy, 7 mnt) and Tom Smith (25 to buy, 5 mnt)

All three are phenominal players. I also notice Tom Smith works well at Scrum half when I have Dawson stuck in a ruck!
<

Players I have that are awesome value for their class:

- Tuilevu
- Caucaunibuca (essential)
- Matfield
- Os Du Randt
- Japanese wing (Ohanuta or someone - NOT Ohata)

(all 35 or less as mentioned)

Then there are more expensive ones that are essential for a dominant team (if that's what you're after) =

I have recently purchased:

- BOD (53 points)
- Joe Van Niekerk (would be close to best openside in the stats - good pace etc as well as ball winner, tackler, tackle breaker etc etc - cost = 50).

I have bought the creation of myself (of course!! lol!) for 44 points....

and I aim to get Latham for FB (or Rogers) and Pichot for HB (great stats also).

<

close to winning the whole thing....on hard - cup too (have QF next...will report back soon)....

have lots of the other cups on hard now - and this would be the major double header if i can take out 1st dividion first time around (did for second) and the Cup in the same season!! Wahoooo! Bring it on!!!

Latest posts