• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Upset of the tournament

New Zealand will win the RWC.

Their beating EVERYONE. Even if it is by "Luck", then whats not to say they wont be "Lucky" in the World Cup...

then again... How many times have they failed to produce what they were suppose to.

lol @ 'lucky' all blacks... honestly... should it suprise anyone that a brazilian has come up with these weird ideas....

the only valid connection a brazilian has with rugby union is in charlotte church's pants...

Melhor,

If, as you say, most All Blacks tries are scored from 50m out and from opposition mistakes...that clearly tells me something, firstly the opposition defence are crap, secondly the All Blacks players are just too damn good that they can score all those tries from far out, thirdly they've been sooooooooooo lucky against the Irish & Argies who havent beaten them for what.... 80 - 100 years. Wow, that's very lucky of the All Blacks. :p

This is simple. Any team win and lose by errors which is why they record error statistics for every game. There is no perfect rugby team in the world.

Just going through this thread... so let me get this straight.
The All Blacks are a bunch of chokers, who cannot sustain enough presure to occupy the oppositions 22, are mistake ridden and only score tries through mistakes from the opposition when they are camped in the AB's 22?

F&*k that's it! I'm changing sides!
AB's... what a bunch of losers ;)

- You were 1 year old during the 1991 World Cup yet you think you know what was going on at the time.
- You were 5 at the 1995 World Cup yet you think you knew what was going on at the time.
- You were 9 during the 1999 World Cup and think you knew what was going on at the time. I don't know of any 9 year olds that can provide deteialed accounts of the abilites of a number of sides.
- I'll let you in for being 13 at the 2003 World Cup[/b]

Once again... pathetic is all I have to say - but hey, why respond when you can show how mature and older you are by taking a bunch of cheapshots which have no relevance whats so ever. I don't see what my age has to do with anything... I may be young, but I bet you a 5 year old could tell you that when a team has a 50% record they are not favourites for the World Cup, especially when they lose to the English, French (at home) and the Aussies (At home) 18 months before hand. Don't forgot the 93 Lions series where the AB's won in dubios (at best) circumstances.

You don't know who Gonzalo Longo is yet you think you can pass judgement on Los Pumas. I certainly wouldn't think that a person who doesn't know who Jerry Collins is can think he / she is correct in his / her views of the All Blacks. [/b]

Please point to where I said I didn't know who Gonzalo Longo was? - I just chose to ignore your pointless little games. And now your saying I don't know who Jerry Collins is... maybe the clinical outpatient is the one you stare at the mirror every morning

The ultimatium I have offered you on two occasions remains ignored. You have the choice of answering the list of well known players, from a range of countries, that I have listed or forever being considered an ignorant, immature poster. When considering this against your confidence in your opinions of previous World Cup's and a country in which you think the senior forward is a winger I don't really need to add anything else do I?[/b]

Making more stuff up I see... please tell me where I said a foward was a winger. The reason I ignored your "ultimatium" and your stupid little game because it was Irrelevant (something you accused me of doing), besides you just said I had a choice, so I chose not to, your fault for allowing me to make a choice, you could at least put together some decent ramificaitons for choosing the "wrong choice", believe it or not just because some crackpot from Brazil says he doesn't like me over the internet, I'm not going to lose much sleep.

I saw the Lions matches, yes. I have two on tape and can easily access the third on youtube, utorrent and a variety of other sources. Now you mention 'Carter running the helm', I don't dispute this at all. But you should pay attention to where he is doing this from. Look at his game against the Lions in the second test when he scored tries. Were the tries scored from 5 metres out after sustained NZ pressure involving rucks and mauls? No. Were they scored from insde the oppositions 22? No. He instead scored in the same manner as the 4 tries I have referenced from the 2006 game vs England. There is a clear pattern here. If you disagree then I challenge you to look over as much footage as yuo can and then get back to me. [/b]

What? You mean that because they shredded the Lions so easily that they must be ignored? So if the All Blacks didn't shred the defence so easily, but instead took 27 phases and 11 minutes to gain 40 metres you would be more impressed?

In terms of the spear tackles. I suggest you pay attention to how Ripper responded. He is of the view that BOD is a whinger and thus deserved everything he got. But he is happy with Tuqiri's punishment despite the tackle being barely as bad. Its clear that he is not commentating objectively. He has an agenda, his county. Now you can call it a media beat up all you like but the facts are facts and it was all caught on camera. The tackle was illegal and the culprits went unpunished while the victim had to have 6 months out of rugby. I have seen where the hands of the 2 All Balcks were and I believe they were guilty of serious misconduct. In their defence it appears possible that neither player was aware that the other player was lifting O'Driscoll. But unfortunately, for both players they went through with the action and the player was badly injured as a result. [/b]

Yawn, making stuff up seems to be your forte now. Please show where I said BOD deserved everything he got. When you bother to get off your high horse and look you'll find no such thing, I just called him a whinger, but of course you will just ignore that fact, go on about how immature I am before launching a tirade of cheapshot insults and personal attacks :toss:

Originally posted by Dumbo
Just going through this thread... so let me get this straight.
The All Blacks are a bunch of chokers, who cannot sustain enough presure to occupy the oppositions 22, are mistake ridden and only score tries through mistakes from the opposition when they are camped in the AB's 22?

F&*k that's it! I'm changing sides!
AB's... what a bunch of losers

Yeah, why the hell do the All Blacks score so easily. What we should do is whenever we make a break because of inferior defences and a superior attack, we should stop and form the ruck, than spend 20 phases and 10 minutes gaining 20 metres and score on a push over.

Sounds like the plan to me.
And stop all the running crap, just kick it back and forth all day THEN when someone makes a mistake we camp out in there 22 put 30 phases together gaining mili-mitres at a time! Wahoo!
Trust me the crowd's will love it!

And one other thing, get rid of that useless peice of **** Carter, he's only ruining it for everyone.

<div class='quotemain'>
allyoop
Castrogiovanni - Italy. Correct, but only partly.
[/b]
Must be Argentina. The gauchos herd frontrow forwards down from the Andes every spring, wrap them in chains, and ship them to Europe in giant oil tankers.

[/b][/quote]

To be fair if you knew much about him you might realise he was the guiness premiership player of the season. Quite an achievement for a prop as it may not be the best, but is certainly the most attritional league in the world.

Why has this thread descended into a complete slanging match?
I think most points about the all blacks aren't that they are rubbish and/or lucky to win, but that they aren't unbeatable and could possibly have weaknesses to exploit.

I saw the Lions matches, yes. I have two on tape and can easily access the third on youtube Now you mention 'Carter running the helm', I don't dispute this at all. But you should pay attention to where he is doing this from. Look at his game against the Lions in the second test when he scored tries. Were the tries scored from 5 metres out after sustained NZ pressure involving rucks and mauls? No. Were they scored from insde the oppositions 22? No. He instead scored in the same manner as the 4 tries I have referenced from the 2006 game vs England. There is a clear pattern here. If you disagree then I challenge you to look over as much footage as yuo can and then get back to me. [/b]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YwAPmdUQwbw

This video clip would explain your arrogance... Now YOU name me a team that has 100% record "as you say" or do you just like to only include ABs to your argument??

In terms of the spear tackles. I suggest you pay attention to how Ripper responded. He is of the view that BOD is a whinger and thus deserved everything he got. But he is happy with Tuqiri's punishment despite the tackle being barely as bad. Its clear that he is not commentating objectively. He has an agenda, his county. Now you can call it a media beat up all you like but the facts are facts and it was all caught on camera. The tackle was illegal and the culprits went unpunished while the victim had to have 6 months out of rugby. I have seen where the hands of the 2 All Balcks were and I believe they were guilty of serious misconduct. In their defence it appears possible that neither player was aware that the other player was lifting O'Driscoll. But unfortunately, for both players they went through with the action and the player was badly injured as a result.
[/b]

Mate dont you get sick of that same argument :wall: you tryed sharing your opinion on another forum but no1 wanted to listen to it...GET OVER IT LIKE BOD HAS...Its people like you who cry over something thats already been and gone

Melhor,

Remember that old cliche - It doesnt matter if you win by a mile or millimetres...A win is a win.

"...The tackle was illegal..." Melhor.

What you have written is actually incorrect. You should have written:

The tackle was, in my opinion, illegal.

The judiciary looked at the tackle and ruled that neither player; Umaga or Mealamu had a case to answer. That means that minds that are greater and more experienced than yours ruled that the tackle was not illegal.

I personally think Melhor is the most qualified here to make these kind of judgements on Rugby. After all, he downloads the footage from Youtube and bit0rrent to watch on his laptop in Brazil, and with the TV Footage which from memory didn't actually show the incident, either Live or in Replay due to the cameras looking in another direction he definatly has resources and expertise we could only dream of aquiring.

The judiciary looked at the tackle and ruled that neither player; Umaga or Mealamu had a case to answer. That means that minds that are greater and more experienced than yours ruled that the tackle was not illegal.
[/b]

I don't want to take sides in this whole ongoing debate, jumping in halfway through would be suicide.

However, it is possible for citing commitees to be wrong. Especially when it comes to New Zealand. :rolleyes:

Ali Williams once received no punishment for stamping on Josh Lewsey's face. Doesn't mean it wasn't illegal.

I think everything useful by either party was said at the time though, no point in repeating the whole argument again.

i dont think you can say it has anything to do with NZ being involved. the citing officials were south africans. nothing to do with NZ.

New Zealand have had some lucky breaks in the past when it comes to discipline. That's all I'm saying.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YwAPmdUQwbw

This video clip would explain your arrogance... Now YOU name me a team that has 100% record "as you say" or do you just like to only include ABs to your argument??

[/b]

im sorry but several of the tries in this video were scored from turnover ball/ broken play and from beyong the half way line, therefore requiring no skill. everybody knows schoolgirls could take the springboks when the game gets sloppy.

seriously tho, those remarks smack of someone who has never played decent grade rugby. last time i played, defensive pressure, hard tackling and the ability to counter attact and make the most of opponents mistakes were fairly integral to the game and often game brakers.

you have to let him off tho. when your sat on your arse commuting with your laptop on, the all blacks dont make it look half easy.

Shtove

An excellent post and correct on all counts.

1. indeed he is from Argentina.

2. The outrage of AB supportes is quite pathetic over BOD. Two players commited an illegal and highly dangerous act and got away with it while the victim had 6 months outside of rugby.

3. Agree about Scotland Vs Italy. The highlight was not the match itself but the history of Italy knocking over a traditional power. I agree that there were superior 6 Nations matches such as Italy Vs Wales and Ireland Vs France. A much better comp than the 3N.

4. The AB's score a high ration from long distance. Thats right, like I have been saying. I still can't find any of the desperate NZ posters on this forum providing mwe with evidence that I am wrong on this. they are trying but failing badly.

5. Dead right about Ireland. Ireland can beat top countries by keeping them in their own half, playing the territory game. When it works they can knock over any team. When it doesn't, i.e. when O'Gara plays badly, Ireland get punished. Look at Ireland's losses to NZ and Australia in 2005 and compare them to Irelands wins agsint Australia and South Africa a year latter.

6. NZ now have a scrum to go with their superb backs. No doubt there. They are third after Italy and Argentina at the moment in the scrumaging department.

7. Probably the best rucking team in the world but at mauls they aren't pushing around teams like Argentina or Italy are.

[/b]

I'm sorry but making a comment like this shows that you clearly have nto seen the same footage tyhat I have. The act was one that is not legal according to the laws of the game of rugby. When other similar actions have taken place players have faced severe punishment.

You can blame the judiciary all you like but thats plain ignorance. Now go away and find yourself some coverage of the incodent because clearly you need to. Look on Irish rugby sources for starters. Thats where I saw it!

True Legnd

Your attempts at defending yourself are poor. You would struggle to get a C' at university.

I asked you for some proof that NZ don't score a high number of tries from opposition errors and from outside of the attaqcking zone and you have failed bigtime.

You want to use the Lions as proof? Well then why did the first test go as follows:

Try 1. Sivivatu from half way following a long pass from Umaga. Try 2. Williams try from missed Lions lineout throw from Shane Byrne. Williams didn't get lifted in a challenge to the throw either....

Test 2: Umaga try from Carter break from inside own half. Try Carter try from inside own half. Other Carter try from 40 metres out following a chip and chase.

Test 3 finally had some try's from the All Blacks scored while hot on attack in the opponents 22. However this does not detract from the pattern of scoring tries from outside of the attacking zone. My therom that if a team shut sNZ down here they will win remains very much a probability.

Now you can say people didn't like me on the IRB forum but thats just a lie. The truth is you didn't like me beacuse of your tendancies to bigotry. Its the same as yuor comments on this topic. Why are you only ever bothered by comments about your country?

You have also tries saying I said Rokocoko was poached. Tahts another lie. Anyone who has read my comments knows perfectly well that I have suggested an age limit of 13. If a player is under 13 upon entering a country he can represent that country. However, if he is older he must obtain approval from his country of origin if he wishes to represent the country he has moved to. Sivivatu moved not as a 14 year old nor as a 15 year old, but older. Rokocoko was 5 years old. he is in the Jerry Collins category as being what I believe to be a legitimate All Blacks for entering NZ at an age below 13. So next time don't make up lies to try to dig tourself out of a hole.

Latest posts