Round 12

Fri 6 Jan Dragons v Bulls (7.35pm)

Fri 6 Jan Munster v Lions (7.35pm)

Sat 7 Jan Benetton v Ulster (1pm)

Sat 7 Jan Edinburgh v Zebre Parma (3pm)

Sat 7 Jan Cardiff v Scarlets (5.15pm)

Sat 7 Jan Connacht v Sharks (5.15pm)

Sat 7 Jan Ospreys v Leinster (7.35pm)

Sun 8 Jan Glasgow Warriors v Stormers (3pm)

Round 12

Fri 6 Jan Dragons v Bulls (7.35pm)

Fri 6 Jan Munster v Lions (7.35pm)

Sat 7 Jan Benetton v Ulster (1pm)

Sat 7 Jan Edinburgh v Zebre Parma (3pm)

Sat 7 Jan Cardiff v Scarlets (5.15pm)

Sat 7 Jan Connacht v Sharks (5.15pm)

Sat 7 Jan Ospreys v Leinster (7.35pm)

Sun 8 Jan Glasgow Warriors v Stormers (3pm)
Bulls, Munster, Ulster, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Sharks, Leinster, Stormers will be the winners.

Glasgow over Stormers.

1672870105773.png

I think the Stormers are favored, but I believe in my Warriors.

Munster: Mike Haley; Shane Daly, Malakai Fekitoa, Rory Scannell, Liam Coombes; Ben Healy, Paddy Patterson; Josh Wycherley, Diarmuid Barron, Roman Salanoa; Jean Kleyn, Gavin Coombes; Jack O'Donoghue (C), John Hodnett, Alex Kendellen.

Replacements: Scott Buckley, Dave Kilcoyne, Stephen Archer, Cian Hurley, Jack O'Sullivan, Conor Murray, Dan Goggin, Patrick Campbell.

We really need some locks to come back fit. Down Edogbo, Snyman, McDonald and Wycherley. Coombes has played there before but still surprised Hurley isn't in. Kleyn also surely long overdue a rest.

Munster: Mike Haley; Shane Daly, Malakai Fekitoa, Rory Scannell, Liam Coombes; Ben Healy, Paddy Patterson; Josh Wycherley, Diarmuid Barron, Roman Salanoa; Jean Kleyn, Gavin Coombes; Jack O'Donoghue (C), John Hodnett, Alex Kendellen.

Replacements: Scott Buckley, Dave Kilcoyne, Stephen Archer, Cian Hurley, Jack O'Sullivan, Conor Murray, Dan Goggin, Patrick Campbell.

We really need some locks to come back fit. Down Edogbo, Snyman, McDonald and Wycherley. Coombes has played there before but still surprised Hurley isn't in. Kleyn also surely long overdue a rest.
Lions

15 Quan Horn, 14 Stean Pienaar, 13 Henco van Wyk, 12 Marius Louw (captain), 11 Edwill van der Merwe, 10 Jordan Hendrikse, 9 Morne van den Berg, 8 Emmanuel Tshituka, 7 Emile van Heerden, 6 Jarod Cairns, 5 Darrien Landsberg, 4 Ruan Venter, 3 Asenathi Ntlabakanye, 2 PJ Botha, 1 JP Smith

Substitutes: 16 Michael van Vuuren, 17 Morgan Naude, 18 Ruan Smith, 19 Willem Alberts, 20 Sbu Sangweni, 21 Andre Warner, 22 Gianni Lombard, 23 Manny Rass

Lions don't have the pack to mix it up with the bigger teams away from Jo'burg. If they have any chance it will be to stay inside a score or two and hope for late points as they have the ability to score from nowhere. Munster have a miserly D though and should be firm favorites at home.

Sharks to face Connacht

Anthony Volmink,
Yaw Penxe,
Murray Koster,
Rohan Janse van Rensburg,
Marnus Potgieter,
Novaldo Fleurs,
Cameron Wright,
Celimphilo Gumede,
Henco Venter,
James Venter,
Reniel Hugo (captain),
Thembelani Bholi,
Carlu Sadie,
Fez Mbatha,
Ntuthuko Mchunu.

Replacements:
Kerron van Vuuren,
Dian Bleuler,
Khutha Mchunu,
Ockie Barnard,
Corne Rahl,
Grant Williams,
Lionel Cronje,
Ethan Hooker.

Sharks sending a B team on tour... risky!

Stormers gonna try our best on tour. Hope the toll on the players doesn't catch us later on but there has been some player management TBF- hope its enough.

Stormers:
15 Clayton Blommetjies, 14 Suleiman Hartzenberg, 13 Dan du Plessis, 12 Damian Willemse, 11 Leolin Zas, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 Paul de Wet, 8 Hacjivah Dayimani, 7 Willie Engelbrecht, 6 Deon Fourie, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Ben-Jason Dixon, 3 Neethling Fouche, 2 Joseph Dweba, 1 Steven Kitshoff (captain)
Substitutes: 16 JJ Kotze, 17 Brok Harris, 18 Sazi Sandi, 19 Connor Evans, 20 Junior Pokomela, 21 Marcel Theunissen, 22 Imad Khan, 23 Angelo Davids

Sharks sending a B team on tour... risky!

Stormers gonna try our best on tour. Hope the toll on the players doesn't catch us later on but there has been some player management TBF- hope its enough.

Stormers:
15 Clayton Blommetjies, 14 Suleiman Hartzenberg, 13 Dan du Plessis, 12 Damian Willemse, 11 Leolin Zas, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 Paul de Wet, 8 Hacjivah Dayimani, 7 Willie Engelbrecht, 6 Deon Fourie, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Ben-Jason Dixon, 3 Neethling Fouche, 2 Joseph Dweba, 1 Steven Kitshoff (captain)
Substitutes: 16 JJ Kotze, 17 Brok Harris, 18 Sazi Sandi, 19 Connor Evans, 20 Junior Pokomela, 21 Marcel Theunissen, 22 Imad Khan, 23 Angelo Davids
I think we can get a result but I am going to need plenty of alcohol this weekend. Neil Powell said he is targeting the champions cup match next week. He did not even join the tour. Excited to see what Fleurs can do with some gametime.

FlyZ380XoAEir6m.jpeg

With all the talk of Ross Byrne earning his way back into the Ireland team, this is a big opportunity for Harry to get back in the mix. I'm still massively skeptical on Ross but think if Harry can string the games together he has the tools to be Johnny's back up.

It's actually crazy that Gavin Coombes is going to replace James Ryan and captain Ireland to a World Cup next year.

On a less serious note if Connacht can't do the business against that Sharks side it's dire.

Decent half. O'Donoghue has been very good. Wish Patterson would read the game better and pass sympathetically though.

Nice to have a competent ref for once, bar that howler of a scrum call before half time, but tbf that should have been the TJ.

We have the wind in the second half now and you'd hope the Lions will lose some heart, but they've definitely brought a tonne of aggression so far.

Edit: Wish granted on Patterson, he's been really sharp this half

Last edited:
There's no way that James Ryan makes the Irish squad with Coombes putting in a masterclass second row performance. A modern day John Eales.

download (1).jpeg

If Judas Ryan had stayed in Munster, the club that invested in his future and gave him his break in pro rugby he could have developed into a truly world class lock under the tutelage of Coombes. As it stands our only world class player is Jamison Gibson Park.

Sorry I'm done now. Very good performance tonight. Managed the conditions very well and I think theions lost the ghost in the dressing room at half time. Wish we'd truly put them to the sword, but it never looked close. Thought Buckley (throwing aside), Kendellen and Hodnett were all top class tonight. Important 5 points for us. We really tried to play with the ball in hand tonight despite the conditions even if it didn't always come off.

The Lions 12 spent the whole game in the refs ear, but zero effect thankfully. He's just had a parting moan in his interview.

Last edited:
Dragons showed plenty of fight, but Bulls just turned the screw in that last 20. Always going to be difficult when every scrum results in a penalty.

Ospreys really should have won that. Few errors krept into their game though and Leinster took advantage with a couple of quick fire try's.

Ospreys really missed Owen Williams at 10, but how good was Kieran Williams? Leinster just couldn't deal with him. It'll be interesring to see if Gatland will include him in his 6 nations squad.

I expect the Sharks will lose to Edinburgh as well. After that the two games vs us and the one against Munster will be critical. I still expect they will make the top 8 but barely! A lot of small things need to go their way starting with Stormers beating Glasgow.