• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2022 / 2023 Round 2

Glasgow Warriors: Cole Forbes, Sebastian Cancelliere, Sione Tuipulotu, Stafford McDowall, Kyle Steyn (CAPT), Tom Jordan, George Horne; Jamie Bhatti, Fraser Brown, Zander Fagerson, Scott Cummings, Richie Gray, Matt Fagerson, Rory Darge, Jack Dempsey

Replacements: George Turner, Oli Kebble, Lucio Sordoni, JP du Preez, Sintu Manjezi, Thomas Gordon, Ali Price, Domingo Miotti

Cardiff: Matthew Morgan; Aled Summerhill, Mason Grady, Max Llewellyn, Josh Adams; Jarrod Evans, Tomos Williams; Rhys Carré, Kristian Dacey, Dillon Lewis, Josh Turnbull (capt.), Seb Davies, James Botham, Thomas Young, James Ratti.

Replacements : Liam Belcher, Brad Thyer, Keiron Assiratti, Matthew Screech, Lopeti Timani, Lloyd Williams, Rhys Priestland, Uilisi Halaholo

Even though one might not exactly say u see me a lot in here, I am an avid reader of most things rugby related and I'm following a few threads here and there in the forum.

Why is'nt Faletau in the squad for Cardiff though? He was immense against Munster last time out. Wales camp for the autumn internationals can't have started yet right?

So I just read on WalesOnline that Faletaus game time is being managed. I think I understand what that means, or maybe still not 🤷🏼‍♂️
But what exactly does it mean though? (Im from Sweden, remember? 😉)

So I just read on WalesOnline that Faletaus game time is being managed. I think I understand what that means, or maybe still not 🤷🏼‍♂️
But what exactly does it mean though? (Im from Sweden, remember? 😉)
He's just being rested. I know, it's a bit stupid after one game and he was great in that first game against Munster. Dai Young has basically said he's going to play derbies and European games. It is what it is. I guess he's too valuable to Wales. It's a shame as it devalues the URC but hopefully he'll still play 75% of Cardiff's games but we'll see.

Sharks team taking on Zebre tonight. Sharks currently have 11 injured players and missing a number of springboks. Yet this is a beast of a team.

1. Ntuthuko Mchunu, 2. Kerron van Vuuren, 3. Thomas du Toit (capt), 4. Gerbrandt Grobler, 5. Reniel Hugo, 6. James Venter, 7. Dylan Richardson, 8. Phepsi Buthelezi, 9. Grant Williams, 10. Boeta Chamerlain, 11. Thaakir Abrahams, 12. Ben Tapuai 13. Rohan Janse van Rensburg, 14. Werner Kok, 15. Aphelele Fassi. Substitutes: 16. Dan Jooste, 17. Dian Bleuler, 18. Carlu Sadie, 19. Justin Basson, 20. Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 21. Cameron Wright, 22. Fred Zeilinga, 23. Marnus Potgieter.

Super excited to see how that midfield combo goes for Cardiff. On Faletau, I'd love to see him play all games, but at the same time I'm glad that Ratti is also getting opportunities - he was great last season for them.

Super excited to see how that midfield combo goes for Cardiff. On Faletau, I'd love to see him play all games, but at the same time I'm glad that Ratti is also getting opportunities - he was great last season for them.
Yeah me too.

Seems Turnbull is playing more as a lock this season. Makes sense with the depth they have in the back row but with Navidi out I thought he'd play more in the back row for now. Think him, and the depth in their front row are still their weakness and why they won't do much this season. Good back line though with Tomos, Evans, Adams, Williams, Halaholo and the other young centers starting tonight.

Stormers side to tackle Connacht in Stellenbosch

15 Clayton Blommetjies, 14 Angelo Davids, 13 Suleiman Hartzenberg, 12 Dan du Plessis, 11 Seabelo Senatla, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 Paul de Wet, 8 Evan Roos, 7 Hacjivah Dayimani, 6 Junior Pokomela, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Ernst van Rhyn (captain), 3 Brok Harris, 2 Andre-Hugo Venter, 1 Ali Vermaak

Substitutes: 16 Chad Solomon, 17 Kwenzo Blose, 18 Neethling Fouche, 19 Adre Smith, 20 Marcel Theunissen, 21 Willie Engelbrecht, 22 Godlen Masimla, 23 Sacha Mngomezulu

Few surprises. It was known that all of Nel, Zas and Moerat were unavailable but it seems that includes Nama Xaba who I thought would've gotten a start at openside flank. Hartzenberg ahead of Mngomezulu I suppose is more a case of keeping the bench primed seeing as we are running a 6-2 split. Would've preferred the normal 3 backline players with Kade Wolhuter coming in and one loose forward dropping but I trust Dobson. I see Blommetjies is backed at 15. Again, I'll keep my mouth shut and see how he goes.

Sharks looking energetic in the first few minutes of the new season. Too much for Zebre at the moment.

Did not care that much about the yellow. Im happy for the game to keep playing, even with the kick to the face probably not intended like that. But how dumb for the ref to say the guy's foot only hit his chest softly when the Sharks player is literally trying to stop the bleeding on his mouth.

Zebre should not try to disrupt the game so much though its been too staggered this game. Sharks just want to play some rugby but Zebre does not seem very keen.

I am happy we scored from first phase have not seen it for a while

Sharks team taking on Zebre tonight. Sharks currently have 11 injured players and missing a number of springboks. Yet this is a beast of a team.

1. Ntuthuko Mchunu, 2. Kerron van Vuuren, 3. Thomas du Toit (capt), 4. Gerbrandt Grobler, 5. Reniel Hugo, 6. James Venter, 7. Dylan Richardson, 8. Phepsi Buthelezi, 9. Grant Williams, 10. Boeta Chamerlain, 11. Thaakir Abrahams, 12. Ben Tapuai 13. Rohan Janse van Rensburg, 14. Werner Kok, 15. Aphelele Fassi. Substitutes: 16. Dan Jooste, 17. Dian Bleuler, 18. Carlu Sadie, 19. Justin Basson, 20. Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 21. Cameron Wright, 22. Fred Zeilinga, 23. Marnus Potgieter.
Well, the Sharks seem to be making light work of it. Will be interesting to see if they let Zebre back into the match like Leinster did.

11 the injured, hey. I can't think who that all might be but off the top of my head the Sharks are set to get quite a few names in

1 Nche
2 Mbonambi
4 Etzebeth
6 Kolisi
7 Tshituka
9 Hendrickse
10 Bosch / Cronje
11 Mapimpi
13 Am, the most important to you IMO
14 Penxe

Who am I missing?

Well, the Sharks seem to be making light work of it. Will be interesting to see if they let Zebre back into the match like Leinster did.

11 the injured, hey. I can't think who that all might be but off the top of my head the Sharks are set to get quite a few names in

1 Nche
2 Mbonambi
4 Etzebeth
6 Kolisi
7 Tshituka
9 Hendrickse
10 Bosch / Cronje
11 Mapimpi
13 Am, the most important to you IMO
14 Penxe

Who am I missing?
Cant wait for an Am/Rohan backline after what we have seen from Rohan so far, very effective in attack. We have been taking good care of our ball looks like the new breakdown coach Yannick Bru is off to a good start.

Zebre looking like a completely different animal now

And Zebre almost steals it! Lots of mistakes and stoppages so not necessarily a great game but a tense game which was good for the neutral and underdog supporter.

Sharks' defence atrocious need to have a chat with the players not committing to tackles or some who rush and then others who stay back causing an overlap and a tactical mismatch.

The players need a good dressing down and to be explained how bad their strategic defence decision-making had become. It seems they lost trust in their system after a few exploits by Zebre

Same old Cardiff! That side was good enough to push Glasgow for the win, but their discipline and defense was appalling. I'm sick of it now!

Same old Cardiff! That side was good enough to push Glasgow for the win, but their discipline and defense was appalling. I'm sick of it now!
They started well but just completely collapsed after they yellow card in the first half. I don't think they've got enough in the front 5 to do anything this season but still early days.

Latest posts