• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2022 / 2023 Round 3

Looking for our first win of the season after a disappointing defeat to the Lions.

Ospreys: Max Nagy; George North, Owen Watkin, Michael Collins, Keelan Giles; Gareth Anscombe, Rhys Webb (capt); Nicky Smith, Scott Baldwin, Tomas Francis, Adam Beard, Alun Wyn Jones, Dan Lydiate, Jac Morgan, Ethan Roots.

Replacements: Dewi Lake, Rhys Henry, Tom Botha, Rhys Davies, Will Griffiths, Reuben Morgan-Williams, Jack Walsh, Luke Morgan.

I've been really happy so far with Blommetjies. I was quietly optimistic about him slotting into our systems well and Dobson being able to pull some magic again of "player not doing well in other franchise being able to perform in ours". So far so good. Happy to see Willemse slot back in (both for the Stormers and also the implication that he will be good to go for EoYT).

Overall happy with the side and also positive in knowing who we are still resting/is recovering. Let's see how it goes.
Edinburgh will be a tough game but seeing the side and knowing we'll have decent weather makes me quietly optimistic.

Edinburgh

H Immelman; D Graham, M Bennett, J Lang, D Hoyland; B Kinghorn, B Vellacott; P Schoeman, S McInally, W Nel, S Skinner, G Gilchrist (co-captain), J Ritchie (co-captain), H Watson, N Haining.

Substitutes: D Cherry, B Venter, L de Bruin, G Young B Muncaster, H Pyrgos, C Savala, C Dean

I rate Edinburgh but don't fancy them here. I simply don't rate or know enough about their 11, 12 & 15. I'd have given them a shot in an arm wrestle but not in a shootout.

Good set of fixtures this weekend. Ulster-Leinster especially, not least because (earlier than usual) both teams have selected close to full-strength squads.

Pretty straightforward bonus point win for the Bulls at Loftus. A bit poor from Connacht that with 30 minutes with a man advantage, they only started scoring the in the last of the three YC periods. Bulls seem to have switched off by the time I had turned on.

Pretty straightforward bonus point win for the Bulls at Loftus. A bit poor from Connacht that with 30 minutes with a man advantage, they only started scoring the in the last of the three YC periods. Bulls seem to have switched off by the time I had turned on.
I started watching at 50 minutes it was 28-0. For the Bulls then it was pretty much all Connacht, well them making mistakes and the bulls players getting sent off. Wish I rather watched the first 50.

Did you guys also just watch the worst videography of all time in the professional era, camera man dropping the cam while they almost score a try.

Cardiff just need to be patient in the Lions 22 and keep the ball in hand. Too many kick passes have just let Lions off the hook.

Cardiff just need to be patient in the Lions 22 and keep the ball in hand. Too many kick passes have just let Lions off the hook.
If I was the manager I would tell my team to kick all day long in this weather

There was no clear release on that turnover. Excellent hit on Tomos Williams, but he left his hand on the ball after the tackle.

Lions really will feel a bit disappointed they didn't get a try while on the line there. I get the appeal for a scrum, but their maul has been so powerful... should have gone for the lineout.

I am so glad that the Sharks released Nohamba. He is a hazard to his team. Too many mistakes for a professional rugby player. Just not kicking well. Not good under pressure, not good under no pressure. Morne van den Berg is so much better.

Latest posts