• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2022/23 - Round 4

Still, it is amusing how Scott Baldwin, Nicky Smith and Rhys Webb no longer make the starting XV even when it is understrength!:oops:
Probably a bit of rotation as far as Webb is concerned. Lake hasn't started yet this season and he should be Ospreys first choice hooker moving forward. Thomas is Wales' first choice loosehead and while Smith has done well Thomas playing isn't weakening them.

Commentator said it, this was a statement victory by the Lions.

Amazing sprit, wish the Sharks could play with such spirit. Both Coetzee and Henco van Wyk played very well. Quan Horn looks so good, wish he was on our team. Good prospect for the future too, this young Lions has promise

Last edited:
This has been an incredibly impressive tour from the Lions given their recruitment (or lack thereof) and acquisition of their players by other teams. They are sitting in a great position with their Welsh tour done and arguably the hardest away win from the Scottish/Italian table.

Sharks should sign van Wyk before the Bulls do!

Good win for the Lions! They are looking solid.

Blooming heck. Three straight losses to SA opponents is form guaranteed to get Edinburgh an awful QF draw at best. Feeds into the narrative of Scottish sides being mentally soft when the chips are down, but the Lions seemed to get three soft tries from poor Edinburgh defending so it's not just late game issues. I suspect this is a sign of their excellent defensive coach Macrae leaving for Benetton over the summer (which already is having an impact in Italy in my opinion).

I think it's more likely than not we will see 4x SA in the playoffs unless European commitments show a lack of depth.

Connacht keep their hopes alive and Munster arguably already out of contention for a home QF. Super pass by Carty for a try and then he misses a sitter of conversion.

Blooming heck. Three straight losses to SA opponents is form guaranteed to get Edinburgh an awful QF draw at best. Feeds into the narrative of Scottish sides being mentally soft when the chips are down, but the Lions seemed to get three soft tries from poor Edinburgh defending so it's not just late game issues. I suspect this is a sign of their excellent defensive coach Macrae leaving for Benetton over the summer (which already is having an impact in Italy in my opinion).

I think it's more likely than not we will see 4x SA in the playoffs unless European commitments show a lack of depth.

Connacht keep their hopes alive and Munster arguably already out of contention for a home QF. Super pass by Carty for a try and then he misses a sitter of conversion.
Yeah what's up with Munster atm? They struggled for long periods at home against Zebre, as well as losing away to three of the other weaker sides in the league! A couple of seasons ago, I am sure it'd have been BP wins for them all round.

Sharks should sign van Wyk before the Bulls do!

Good win for the Lions! They are looking solid.
This has been an incredibly impressive tour from the Lions given their recruitment (or lack thereof) and acquisition of their players by other teams. They are sitting in a great position with their Welsh tour done and arguably the hardest away win from the Scottish/Italian table.
tumblr_mc4wb7j4Xf1r38hk2o1_500.jpg

Worried about this.

What was Lancasters record v SA with England? 1 draw in 4 or something.
I'm impressed by your ability to message while at the game. Still early days though. Sharks should still be competitive regardless.

Impress by the Sharks so far especially since we aren't using 7 of our starting Boks. Sharks in with a chance here

fassi by far the best Leinster player

Last edited:
Fassi by far the best Leinster player

Nah, ironically, despite him often been a strong player, the worst has actually been Werner Kok on defense. He was responsible for two of the tries conceded because he kept coming off his wing playing like a sevens loose forward rather than a 15s wing. He left his wing wide open with Leinster able to just throw looping passes for easy tries.

Nah, ironically, despite him often been a strong player, the worst has actually been Werner Kok on defense. He was responsible for two of the tries conceded because he kept coming off his wing playing like a sevens loose forward rather than a 15s wing. He left his wing wide open with Leinster able to just throw looping passes for easy tries.
Werner were bad yes. but fassi missed around 10 tackles and made some very trash kicks

Werner were bad yes. but fassi missed around 10 tackles and made some very trash kicks
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Fassi had a great game. His kicking was consistently poor. But I think the contribution from Kok was worse. But there were multiple backline players who were disappointing. Tee kicking also got you out the game initially.

Fassi was bad, but there was many things that was bad including the ref. Probably the expected result so guess I cant feel too upset. But the truth is I am upset, need to figure out what lie I have to tell myself to not be upset.

Glasgow Warriors just so unpredictable at the moment. Smash Cardiff, but then get well beaten by Ospreys. This after getting decently beaten by Benetton… and now a comprehensive victory over the Bulls.

Scarlets still struggling. They do have a horrific injury list, but Cardiff are scarcely better on that front either. That selection for the Ospreys tonight was a disgrace - no way they had even a remote chance of winning. When your best players are available, for heaven's sake use them!

Latest posts