• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2022/23 - Round 6

There's a missed retalitory fist to the head on that yellow card. Leinster player lucky there.

Interesting, that's two tries I paid attention to the conversions and noticed that the broadcast muted itself. Is that a thing so no booing is broadcast, or just a weird coincidence (it was Leinster kicks, so can't see why there would be any booing).

Edit: it just cut out randomly again. Could just be the broadcast having issues. Nice one Premier Sports.

Good start by Cardiff but that was about as bad a maul defence as you'll see at this level.

Bloody Zebre! I'm starting to think they shouldnt have replaced Bergamaschi as coach.

Cardiff need another injury like a hole in the head.
Like a Halaholo in the head.

Worst line out throw I have ever seen courtesy of Dweba. On 38mins. Even first half but I have to assume Stormers have better depth and that this will swing it.

Will take that first half. Most of the yellow card done and dusted and some promising breaks and runs from our end, as well as some solid defense when we got our structure in place. Blommetjies less confident under the high ball today but looking dangerous with ball in hand.

Encouragingly, the bonus point for 4 tries is also still on.

Like a Halaholo in the head.

Worst line out throw I have ever seen courtesy of Dweba. On 38mins. Even first half but I have to assume Stormers have better depth and that this will swing it.

Yea, that was pretty terrible. No idea what happened there. But the defense was great to see after that.

I'm still expecting the Stormers to win, mainly due to Cardiff's maul defence. But itd be great if the champs have a two game tour of Wales and get no wins.

Another decent game in peeing rain. Cardiff up to fifth, level on points with Stormers. Stormers have looked completely flat in the past two soggy games.

Good win that. Need to work on their maul defence though.

Ospreys win tomorrow with a bonus point and there'll be 2 Welsh regions in the top 8. Granted there's been a couple of postponed games which could push them back down again

That's quite a disappointing one to take. Think there is the possibility we get to the end of the season rueing dropped points and this Welsh tour is going to stand out. I expected this to be the tougher game of the two, but throughout I felt we were going to come back/a better team. What I think these past two weeks are though is a lesson in the conditions which hopefully is something we learn from in the future. Rucks were a free for all and the Stormers never adjusted to properly disrupt, nor were we doing enough to protect our ball. When the rain started coming down in the second half, that was probably when we lost it, we weren't nearly as dangerous then, and our mauls were getting disrupted by an awkward wrap around folding onto the back of the maul. Also potentially need to keep the scoreboard ticking, but most of the penalties which we got were on the edges rather than guaranteed points.

Silver linings is we maintained decent try defense (apart from cross kicks) and at least got a try bonus point, which is coming through pretty consistently, and this time in a way that was different to our previous ones (forwards dominated vs ball skills). Really the reason we lost was our terrible control and retention at the breakdown and something we need to work on.

We could do with the international break coming one week early to be honest. Now we head to a rested Lions side away who don't have many players that may be pulled back for Springbok resting. I expect another loss, and am getting flashbacks to the start of last season again.

Latest posts